Auto attack

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Xatt, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Xatt Journeyman

Of these three classes:rog zerk ranger which would have the highest dps with just auto attack? All with same lvl gear, augs, and as and bards adps.
  2. Szilent Augur

3. Cadira Augur

I'm leaning towards rogue, but zerker might be close\better. Rogues especially good for assassinations in older content. Obviously, just using auto attack is highly unrecommended.
  4. Tucoh Augur

No idea but berserker's auto attack with no self-buffs is absolutely miserable. They're totally reliant on the huge number of self-buffs and skill attacks.

Warrior's auto-attack, on the other hand, is actually quite good and scales very well with virtually all melee ADPS, especially haste, atk and hundred hands effect buffs.
    Eggolas likes this.
  5. Eggolas Augur

Probably a silly question, but you may have already tested a multiple warrior with bard/shaman scenario: Would such a group work well?
  6. aozs Augur

I ran a double warrior box team for a bit. War/war/brd/shm/rog/clr. My warrior was crushing dps while leveling thanks to TBM "of the Elements" augs so I swapped out my zerk for another warrior to give it a try.

At max level, an auto-attacking "DPS" warrior does decent sustain, but really falls behind on burn. A properly played DPS should win in pretty much every scenario, except maybe a large pull of weak mobs where the warrior can do an amped up rampage and massacre everything.

It's not a bad idea though, and is probably pretty workable to use multiple warriors. One idea I had (that I never ended up trying) is to cycle the main tank based on whoever has cooldowns up. If you have 3 warriors, you can do continuous huge pulls with Finish the Fight + Ultimate Stand at ~85% uptime by rotating tanks. However, you aren't gonna come close to doing things like burning the Velk's mission in under 60 seconds with that kind of comp.
    Tucoh and Eggolas like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

Aozs answered this better than i could, but I'll just add that 2x warriors would be much better if their defensive cooldowns weren't so plentiful. In 2020 you can maintain decent defensive abilities indefinitely.