ToV Earring Evolving Quest

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Moege Augur

/facepalm, 4 posts up from yours there is stuff that can only made by shaman or rogue or tinker, and the items looted is nodrop/quest has a check for you making most of the combines so don't know what you want changed.
  2. Jalelorf Augur

I was on the part where you have to get status reports from the orcs in the mines. Several orcs responded with various text in brackets. When going through the text I did not receive an update. I then proceeded to say status to more orcs until eventually I ran out of orcs. I had to zone back to EW, back into the mines, and the orcs started responding to my status requests.
  3. Cloud the Third Augur

I think most of them are no drop. Some of the things you make are used for more than just the quest so can't be no drop.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. Ashian Augur

All of the components required to make the new power sources are tradeable. It does require tinkering, poisonmaking, and alchemy, so no reasonable option exists to convert them to no-trade as there is no race/class combo out there right now that could cover all three tradeskills. Please keep the power sources the way they are — it already requires enough collaboration to make them as is.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. smash Augur

With this I mean, ANY one combination ressults in a NO DROP item.
  6. Ngreth Thergn Developer

you should only get the recipe that works for your class.
    Believe it or not. Word actually tends to break things in our DB. So doing that would make things worse not better.
    Meh. I don't care. The point is that you have every key. BUT... I made allowances for people that destroyed keys after they got it on their keying.
    Nope. Each person has to have either the key or the flag. And you only get the flag if YOU used the key.
    Yeah. I'm going to look into this, BUT zoning out and back IS a band-aide fix. (the tracking is on your character, and the tracking goes away if you zone)
    kizant likes this.
  7. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

I really like this evolving earring quest. Decent skill required. Attention to directions and all the stuff that makes the quest super fun. My only complaint is i would have prefered the augs to be tradeable over the powersource. But oh well thats small potato complaint. Best evolve quest to date
  8. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I wasn't implying you copy and paste from Word.

I don't know what your teams' sprint cycle is, but I don't understand why bug fixes aren't released at the ends of sprints. Unless for some reason your sprints are a month long. There has to be a better middle ground between the dependence on your customers' production beta testing and the length between deploying fixes.
  9. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Notepad++ 4life
    Zarzac, FubarEQ, Xyphen and 3 others like this.
  10. Sithsonn Elder

you need collections done to get the quest that allows you to upgrade it to lvl 6 ! Sadly I did not do that first, but you can learn from my mistake!
  11. Paradisic_parasite Elder

And the Hoarfrost collectibles in gd mission don't drop. /clap
  12. Moege Augur

Good luck in the undertaking, some of them are now pretty bugged e.g Great divide seems to only drop off the final boss in the mission (sometimes). Have fun running that till the sun burns out.
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

You can't save an empty file in Unicode (or RTF or whatever) format, and use that for spell checks?

Even if you don't paste and copy, just tossing it in there will red underline misspellings. A simple sanity check. <shrug>
    Xyphen likes this.
  14. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

I can confirm they do drop, even off trash. I've run the mission in GD a total of 3 times and have 4 collectibles so far. Might be more running it than I'd want for T1 gear but I'll get it done eventually.
  15. Cloud the Third Augur

From the TR quest page on it I know they posted.

BE SURE TO REMOVE YOUR AUGMENTS BEFORE EVOLUTION OCCURS - again - better safe then sorry!

My 5th earring is at 60% and since the GD drops are kinda broken I plan on finishing my 100% on this earring today and will leave the aug in since you don't have to click like TBL evolve ones I am going to test and leave the aug I have on it current and will post afterwards later tonight if it is lost or not. I am guessing since this one auto evolves as soon as you hit 100% it will not lose the augs. The aug I have in it doesn't matter that much so I will test with it.

I am guessing the tradeskill combine would lose the aug and have been removing it before I try the combine (although with aug it may not even let you combine). If I can finish getting the GD hero augs I will leave it in place as well and just lose this aug that doesn't matter anyway to test.
  16. Ashian Augur

The tradeskill combine will break the aug, but the evolution from hitting 100% does not. I completed the entire* earring quest and left my (admittedly replaceable) augs in each time. It was never a problem.
    Sancus likes this.
  17. Liin Edud (Tunare) Augur

Agreed. I did mine by accident not even considering that it would auto-evolve. I figured I'd take a trip back to the guild hall and remove my augs and evolve it. Didn't have to bother.

My augs (Artisan's Prize included) were in it and everything was fine.
  18. Tucoh Augur

In terms of evolving item XP, what's the rough difference between getting the TBL chase items to level 5 (the rank right before needing TBL Vanquisher) vs getting the earring to a similar level? Is it roughly the same number of kills?
  19. Ashian Augur

The EXP required for the evolving ear was very reminiscent of the TBL chase items. Note the below is based on my impressions as I didn’t collect any hard data.

1) Earring #2: The first evolution was quick, gaining 1% every 5 kills of a blue con mob.
    2) Earring #3: The next evolution felt like the second evolution of the TBL items, roughly twice as many kills required as the 1st.
    3) Earring #4: The following evolution felt very similar to the second evolution.
    4) Earring #5: The fourth evolution also felt the same as the prior.
    5) Earring #6: This is when the earring becomes a raid earring, with a type 8 slot and a huge stepup in stats. In order to evolve to this state, the kill rate slowed way down, similar to the final TBL item evolves, maybe slightly easier.
    6) Earring #7: A similar significant degree of killing was required. This felt more challenging than the prior evolution.
    7) Earring #8: Because not every raid is out yet, it is impossible to have the requisite achievements to take the earring to level 8. However, you can start bloodying it right away. This requirement seems slightly more intense than the prior.
    Tucoh and Jalelorf like this.
  20. Paradisic_parasite Elder

They dropped before patch, then they stopped.