Beastlord New Years Wishes

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Brennan, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Brennan New Member

Good Evening and Happy New Years,

I know there are several of these threads somewhere, but I just wanted to a new one and brainstorm since we have a new expansion, and make several reasonable suggestions to tweak the beastlord class as I feel like we have fallen behind a little bit dps wise and didn't really receive much in TOV except for standard mostly incremental upgrades.

-Make Gelid rending work on all weapons, currently 2HB is the highest DPS option for us, we received a sizable upgrade to this AA in TOV (probably the largest upgrade next to synergy), however, many beasts tend to use 2HB so this doesn't really do much for them. if it works on 1hb, and not just HTH, could it not work on 2HB also, just from a lore or mechanic standpoint as we are kind of monkish? Or make this a cancelable buff like rangers poison and fire arrow procs so that those who wish to not use it may click it off if they so choose to reserve that buff slot for dots on raids.

-Make spells instant cast and increase the damage, as it currently stands, its not really even worth it to cast our DD's as dots are much higher damage.

-Increase damage on gorilla smash, bite of the asp, and ravens claw, these are free damage but they are pretty insignificant and they are class defining AA's tied to our "monk" skills.

-add something more meaningful to pact of the wurine, bestial alignment, and group bestial alignment, not sure about this.

thanks
  2. Daedly Augur

What the crap, 2hb is the go to for beasts? I have been letting my beast do it all wrong with h2h/1hb combo?
  3. Szilent Augur

pretty suspect. 2h beat 1h during Bloodlust with TBL weapons, but not otherwise. That may have changed with the bigger sympathetic on 2h, but that would need investigation.
  4. Mazame Augur

Instant cast spells is a bad idea.
    Ikatiar's Blood Rk. III

1: Decrease HP when cast by 20827
    3: Decrease Hitpoints by 19253 per tick. 7 ticks
    13448 Mana

155598 damage (base)
    11.57 damage per mana

Vs.

Vkjen's Maelstrom Rk. III

1: Decrease Hitpoints by 9365.
    1: Decrease Hitpoints by 9884.
    1: Decrease Hitpoints by 9056.
    1: Decrease Hitpoints by 9056.

Mana: 3904
    37361 (base damage use the lowest damage as the random extra nuke)

9.5 Damage per mana

At first glance you thought that Dots are better would be correct but when your change casting Dots your not getting all the ticks

If you get the nuke from the dot and 1 tick you only getting 2.98 damage per mana. The main reason for spamming the dot is because of VV it trigger extra melee attacks and doesn't block melee attacks during your burn. This in turn cause your DPS to improve but only when doing your burn.

In this type of burning you can empty your mana bar in 3 min or less. So yes it more DPS but the cost is that it very short term and not mana effective.

If they were to make nukes instant cast. The mana cost would go up on them to balance it out and it would then cause the same issue as the Dots causing us to be OOM faster then we already are.

Killing for 3 min then having to med is not where I would want to see the Bst move towards.

If I had one wish it would be to upgrade our Focus of Claws
  5. Brennan New Member

The point of this post was to come up with suggestions about easy and uncostly suggestions to improve the class and bring it up a bit from relatively low dps which it currently is,
    therefore this is not going to happen more than likely due to the expansion already launching, this could have been added, but it was not.

I do not have access to all these weapons currently or I would post parses, although this had less to do with the DPS of weapons and more to do with the relative ease to implement idea of including Gelid rending on 2HB attacks.

Yes, dots are more efficient generally DPS wise than DD's, depending on the group makeup, most of the time it is just more efficient to cast dots and not DD's. I did not mention specifically about casting during VV or spamming.

This would be up to the devs, it was simply a suggestion again on easy to implement changes.
  6. Mazame Augur

Your post makes it sound like Bst are lacking in the dps department. Granted were not on par with the Pure Melee or the Pure caster but that not to say we can't put up good numbers.

The thing you may not know is how to do it. I say this for two reasons 1st "Brennan New Member". and 2nd because of what you posted above. If your tell me your casting your 3 dots and then just melee-ing because it more efficient then your not playing the class.

Yes we are part melee and part caster and part pet class. We have to work harder than most classes to be effective and it takes work to play a beast.

If I wanted to play a pet class with BIG nukes I would of made a mage. The fact that I a world of options and play style is one of the reason I love the beast class.

You said "Make spells instant cast and increase the damage, as it currently stands, its not really even worth it to cast our DD's as dots are much higher damage." Also you said " I did not mention specifically about casting during VV or spamming."

So with our current cast time of our spells of .5 that you want to remove but you are not talking about wanting to spam them ? so why do you want it Instant cast if not to be able to chain spam?

As for the damage in the time it takes for a Dot to get to max damage you can cast more than just one nuke. So again I believe that you get more damage out of casting Nukes in the same time period.

No most beast put there dot's on then cast nukes until the dot need to be refreshed. but with you saying it not efficient to cast DD I have to disagree If your just doting and then waiting for the dot to be refreshed then your hurting your DPS greatly. The only time that Dots are chain cast is when VV going other wise your burning a lot of mana for no reason.

Please help me to understand but your asking for More damage on Nukes and taking nukes from .5 sec cast to o sec cast. because you think beastlord are not high enough DPS but from what you posted it doesn't sound like your pushing your self to get the most dps you can as it is.
  7. Brennan New Member

Good is quite a subjective word, that may not be a you issue.

this isn't an overall constructive post at all, which is what my intent was, your one suggestion other than attacking me because I don't spend a lot of time on forums, is new focused clamor, which is not happening. Once again I am brain storming suggesting relatively simple not costly improvements. I don't really understand someone posting in an improvement thread attacking someone for simple suggestions, why don't you just say maybe this is a better avenue, or what lol. Have a bad morning or something?

because as I and you already stated they are not as efficient as dots.

[QUOTE
    Yes we are part melee and part caster and part pet class. We have to work harder than most classes to be effective and it takes work to play a beast.

If I wanted to play a pet class with BIG nukes I would of made a mage. The fact that I a world of options and play style is one of the reason I love the beast class.

You said "Make spells instant cast and increase the damage, as it currently stands, its not really even worth it to cast our DD's as dots are much higher damage." Also you said " I did not mention specifically about casting during VV or spamming."

So with our current cast time of our spells of .5 that you want to remove but you are not talking about wanting to spam them ? so why do you want it Instant cast if not to be able to chain spam?
    ][/QUOTE]

The point is to make them more efficient to make it worth spamming, where did I say I wanted to be a mage..

this world of options isn't so big in reality, which is why I am posting. Playing a beast is no different from playing any other class. This is not an extremely complex game,

What is the point of your posting in this thread other than attacking me?
  8. Duder Augur

Disagreeing with your interests is not an attack
    Goburs and Mazame like this.
  9. Mazame Augur

I am not attacking you. I disagree with what your asking for. My reason for posting is because if I don't then it could be taken as this is what I want to happen. I care enough about the topic to post my thoughts on the topic the same as you did. That is what the discussion froms are for to discuss.
  10. Waldagar Augur

Update to focused claws...this is a cut and paste with some reasonable values. Many of us are forced to use this 95% of time.

I don't have all the AAs yet, but aggro is now a big problem. As soon as I hit my burn within 3-5 seconds I am tanking. It is the same story whether I am moloing and the pet is tanking, in a group with a real tank, or on a raid with multiple tanks. I have to suck it up and tank or FD. I don't have the last rank of RoT, but I don't think it is going to be the solution. The added damage on the deaggro DoT seems to out weigh the deaggro component.

-Z-
  11. Zunar Augur

They could upgrade combat subtlety AA just alittle bit. I think most of our agro comes from the spell/proc side of things..less so from melee swings alone.
  12. Adeus Journeyman

An upgraded version for Focused Clamor of Claws would be appreciated - we got a newer AE version, but that's not ideal for much content!
  13. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

This right here. They did us a huge solid in giving us a "Targets target" heal, and upgraded some other things....but I was VERY much looking forward to a new focused claw....
    smash and Duder like this.
  14. Waldagar Augur