Raid Loot Lockouts, Expedition lockouts.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Lisard, Jan 21, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mintalie Augur

Call us on Cazic crazy. We raided on mains, mains got loot. We raided on alts, alts got loot.

The ability to add alts to pick up loot is a win for everyone. The ability to add mains who already did the raid and had chance to get loot to another expedition to get loot... I just don't think this is in the spirit of the game.
  2. Eyezing Lorekeeper

Yeah... With less people probably resulted in not having time. I could be wrong, that's fine, lol.
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

I'll do whatever I want with my reward.
    Drogba likes this.
  4. Funky Augur

sounds kinky
    Ravanta Suffer likes this.
  5. Absolutt Journeyman

Does this include docking???
    Jimbob/Silvarfox and Funky like this.
  6. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Only with Tonyy.
  7. Lianeb Augur

Do the mains loot in deep farm?
    Or do the alts loot and then go participate in open raid or with other guilds? Because no lockout
    Drags and Allayna like this.
  8. Bahdah Augur

Deep farm we'd def loot on alts IF no mains need, yea.
  9. Sancus Augur

(but we wouldn't then go do the raids again on those alts)
    Jondalar, Sheex, Goburs and 3 others like this.
  10. Odiiusx Elder

We beat the raids and got loot. That is how Everquest works. So, now your argument is only based on how we distribute loot? Nothing was bypassed. We couldn't go in and beat the raids with people that had lockouts. So, I will say again....We beat the raids and got loot. That is how Everquest works.

It sounds to me like you all need to make a secondary raid force with your alts and go raid EQ. It is surprisingly fun to see the same raid from a different angle. Dont worry though, after you are done beating the events, I wont come in here and complain about how your guild distributes loot.
    Remien, Allayna, Vyne and 2 others like this.
  11. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

But...we did raid on alts and win, difference is, we invited casuals and other guilds to join, because we don’t need to exploit to keep our position in the top 5.

Not worried about you complaining about this, because if you did and your guild stood by quietly, it would put the nail in the coffin to whose got dirty morals and who doesn’t.

You got busted, quit crying.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. menown Augur

Several raiders in several guilds have alts that raid in other guilds. We see the same raids from different angles already. I don't load up all my winnings on 1 character though. Drogbaa put it best. Where is the line? How many alt guilds running the same event and just adding in the character of preference for loot is too much?
    Astral64 and Kimbella like this.
  13. Odiiusx Elder

I am starting to think people on these boards don't know what the word exploit means. You do know that when you beat any raid in EQ, you get an event lockout before you open the chest right?

Your top 5 comment makes no sense. And yes, you got us. We won a raid and got loot. I am crying.
    German likes this.
  14. dreamweaver Community Manager

Discussing this is fine, attacking each other is not. I will have a response as soon as I can to the original two questions.
    Yinla, Elyssanda, Sithsonn and 13 others like this.
  15. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

Put the foot down dreamweaver!
    German likes this.
  16. Elkar Headhunter Elder

Ngreth's post doesn't prove that adding someone to a raid with a lockout is against the rules. This post actually says that it is OK.

This means do not exploit to avoid lockouts so you can use the same characters to complete the same event multiple times inside of the lockout period. Doesn't get more plain than that.

I am not trying to be insulting here but the is the final comment in this quote and it literally says you can do what you want with your reward. Nowhere have I seen anything saying someone with a lockout cannot be added to receive loot. If it is decided and stated by those in charge that they no longer want that to be the case. I know that my guild would follow those rules. If they didn't I would not be here.
    Allayna, Eyezing and Remien like this.
  17. Funky Augur

hmm... i was just going to respond to a comment or 2.. but randomly the comments are gone...

but whoever linked the twitch... i gotta say wherever you had that paused.. that was one good looking bard with the cactus hat on :D
  18. Qulas Augur

I cannot speak for other guilds, but RoI did split raid to get more eyes and Kransok augs. But we need to be very clear and defining what Split raiding is.

Split raiding to get more loot is perfectly fine and has been happening for years. Split raiding though, means actually splitting the raid (like in half or thirds etc) and then which ever characters are PRESENT in that particular split would get the loot. That is not what happened here.

Raiding with a completely different force and adding characters who ALREADY have lockouts to loot is very clearly avoiding and exploiting lockouts. This isn't even gray area, this is straight up cheating lockouts. You cannot sit there with a straight face and honestly believe what you were doing was actually intended or correct.

I am all for the health of the game also, but please explain to me how cheating lockouts and funneling loot on characters who already have lockouts is good for the "overall health of the game".

With regards to Ngreth's post. There are two very clear lines that are not disputable.

"We want any group of people participating in a raid to only be able to do it once per lockout period."

This, very clearly, includes gathering the reward from the raid (keys and loot from the chest), otherwise what would be the actual point of lockouts.

"Once they get to the point of having the reward, they are free to do with the reward what they want."

This, very clearly, meant you are free to award it to whoever is present, delete it, let it rot, or add an alt who does not have a lockout to come loot it. It very clearly does not mean you can just add someone who ALREADY has a lockout to come loot something they are locked out from.

And before anyone tries to say that RoI is just scared blah blah blah, we aren't. We just can't believe some guilds would stoop to such bush league tactics and try to justify it as not cheating. Even in best case scenario you avoided and cheated the spirit of what lockouts are.
    Thrillho, Mintalie, Genoane and 15 others like this.
  19. Odiiusx Elder

Classic coming from RoI
  20. Qulas Augur

You can say a lot of things about RoI.

But "they exploit and cheat" is not one of them.

Literally hundreds and hundreds of exploits, bugs, game breaking issues have been reported to the devs by us over the past 12 years.

We do not exploit or cheat. We find ways to be more efficient and effective within the rules of the game, both written and unwritten. More efficient raid make ups, better burn line ups etc.

We do not pretend were "holier than thou" while cheating lockouts like some other guilds.
    Mintalie, Duder, FawnTemplar and 6 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.