It's time to get rid of all racial penalties

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by yober, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yober Elder

No. They removed exp penalties, everyone besides ogre and troll (and iksar?) still have theirs.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

"still have theirs" - What penalties are you referring to here?

The only racial penalties besides experience I can think of were:
    Iksar - hate & are hated by all other races, cannot wear plate items from Kunark era & earlier.
    Troll - weak to fire -20 Fire resist

All of the other races had no penalties, unless you loosely mean size restrictions which aren't the same thing, or Human's having no night vision which wasn't a penalty as such just that some of the other races had infravision or ultravision.

Halflings had a +5% experience bonus that was removed as well as the bonuses for Rogue & Warrior Class.

The Shadowknight experience penalty was removed with the racial ones as I recall.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. That0neguy Augur

So remind me what penalties we are talking about again?
  4. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

If being hated or KOS at creation to a mob in your home city is a penalty, Human Necromancer Innoruuk had as much penalty as anyone. Certain deity-race options were hated and kos in the old days.

And yes, most of those 'penalties' have been removed or mitigated by changes over the years.

Even on TLPs, Freeport revamp alone changed much of what the classic experience was with the concepts of factions and deities playing a measurable role in your characters interactions with Norrath.
  5. Nolrog Augur

The lack of a bonus is not a penalty.
    HoodenShuklak, Yinla and Skuz like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I dop not feel penalized for not having a d!ck......life is far better as a female. :)
  7. taliefer Augur

posting this on the forums means with almost 100% certainty you have one~
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Then you'd be wrong.
  9. yerm Augur

No reason not to believe her, she probably is telling the truth and had it removed and is happier now. Still not sure why this was dropped into the thread like an "I'm a vegan" outburst but whatever...
  10. That0neguy Augur

Your paycheck sure is penalized for not having one though.
    Vexn likes this.
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

o_O

This thread may have run it's course. I am going to lock it and review.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.