Raid level ac on test dummy?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cadira, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Cadira Augur

Does anyone know approx what amount of ac I would have to set a combat dummy to in order to roughly accurately depict a raid mob's level of ac?

More specifically, I'm trying to figure out how much of a difference I'll see in dps if I Max out my hero's fortitude for the increase to attack cap for worn items. (I'm going to do it regardless but I would love to do some testing to see actual numbers).

Either way I'd like to know if anyone knows the rough ac amount for raid mob's in tbl or tov for future testing.
    Tucoh likes this.
  2. Tucoh Augur

I've always wondered this same thing. How do you set a target dummy to a basepop mob, named mob, raid mob etc from a given expansion?
  3. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Number I heard in previous expansion(s) was around 5500 AC. No idea if that's accurate or outdated though :/
    Cadira likes this.
  4. Riou EQResource

Think the only # that was public ish was TDS Raid mob values which were like 4200 ish
  5. Sancus Augur

One of the confusing parts here is that as far as I can tell, the AC number given by dummies don't actually reflect their exact mitigation statistic (although they are relatively correct, meaning more AC = more mitigation). I believe this for a few reasons:
    • When I tested pet AC back during EoK beta, I was getting approximately the same normal average hit (accounting for auras and things) at 3k AC on a dummy as on Wither and Decay (a TBM raid). As Riou mentioned, in a previous thread Dzarn said that Arx Mentis bosses originally had 5,000-6,500 AC, and were then tuned down to ~4,300 AC. Although I don't have TDS raid data, it doesn't make much sense that TBM raid bosses would have way less AC than TDS bosses (and comparable AC to TDS group named).
    • The "Offense" statistic that the inventory window has now is supposed to accurately reflect the value used in determining DI distributions (compared against the defender's mitigation). In Dzarn's post he says "at the most basic level if you have a 1:1 of mitigation v offense then a reverse bell curve of rolls is created." If you take a Combat Dummy and set its AC equal to your Offense, you get far more min hits than max hits. On a /betabuff Berserker with an offense stat of 7,055 versus a dummy at 5,529 AC, I was seeing 16.6% max hits and 23.2% min hits. With significantly more offense, if the dummy AC number were accurate, I should see notably more max hits than min hits.
    If you assume, for example, that "0" AC is actually a flat value, like 2,000 AC base, 5,000 AC (3,000 tested + 2,000 base) for TBM raid mobs makes a decent amount of sense. Similarly, 7,500 AC (5,500 tested + 2,000 base) would explain somewhat more min hits than max hits for a Berserker with 7,055 offense. It could also be a multiplier of some kind, like 1.5x. 3,000 AC * 1.5 would be 4,500 AC, and then 5,500 AC * 1.5 would be 8,250 AC. More testing near 0 would help narrow down which it is, but the bigger point is that the number the dummy gives isn't directly comparable to the amount of AC the mobs actually have.

All that said, from the testing I did up to the last week of beta, ToV raids were looking to correspond to around 5,500 AC on a dummy. Here is the chart I made from earlier on in beta of RS pet average hit with and without Theft of Essence vs dummies with different AC levels, and then where Derakor corresponded to on the chart:

[IMG]

Here's the RS pet parse on Derakor (no theft) - the relevant part is "Average normal hit" for Slash of 4,240.

[IMG]

Because I needed to get so many different points on that graph, each individual point is a fairly short parse. It shouldn't be taken as exact, but rather an approximation of where Derakor corresponds to. The above test was from earlier in beta; I re-tested with theft on the last week and the numbers looked closer to 5,500, even though it's more like 5,200 in the above chart.

I can't promise mob stats were set at that point; if I can convince others to help me test again I'll check some time in the future once T3 is out (Derakor is nice b/c if you keep him at 100% he doesn't actually do anything, so you can parse things). Other approximations I did during RoS suggested the bosses in Sathir's Line were around 5k AC on a dummy, so I was honestly expecting Derakor to be higher. Also worth noting the above parses don't take into account any AC debuffs on the mob.
    Szilent, Ravanta Suffer and Cadira like this.
  6. Cadira Augur

Sancus, as per usual, you are the F******* man. This is some good info for sure. I'll use 5500 ac as a test number for now and see what kind of effect attack has at some point.
    Sancus likes this.