The obvious xp problem

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran 99, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Veteran 99 New Member

DBG,

I humbly request you allow the veteran aa ability "Lesson of the Devoted' to stack or run concurrently with xp potion modifiers. This will be good for all of us.

Respectfully,

Someone who still believes
    Archery likes this.
  2. MysticOne Augur

Xp from killing mobs is pretty much zero. I set a goal of 1% per day and then I log off.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

1% takes 7 or 8 minutes with lesson going.

/boggle
    FubarEQ, Duder and Yinla like this.
  4. Kuaamil Elder

Maybe he only has 7-8 minutes a day to play!
    Archery, eepok, FubarEQ and 1 other person like this.
  5. Angahran Augur

Even if you are getting 0.1% per mob (unlikely) that's still 10 mobs in 7-8 minutes which is pretty good going.
  6. Gremag Journeyman

I'm that player who is always behind the times (expansions) and when I saw how little exp I get (I like to grind, not just repeat missions), I just stopped playing that much. Kinda sad. I have 16 characters, heh, will never level most of them up now. Alts is what kept me playing.
  7. Riou EQResource

more like 3 minutes :p
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

Doing progression once (yes, once. Not repeating it) gets you to almost 115 if you are 0.1% in 111 when you start. Add in a little grind on top and there you go.

Honestly easiest expansion to level up characters in vs time you need to put in. If you need help with what to do on all the quests, just look at eqresource.

With a solid friend or two, you should be able to get through the entire progression over a weekend if you can block the time.

If not. Do the missions once and enjoy getting 113 for that little effort. Then do progression as it allows after and you'll leapfrog just sitting and grinding in a spot.

Grinding is for AAs mostly.
    FubarEQ, Ferriciean and Duder like this.
  9. Moege Augur

Start the ToV tradeskill earring, by earring 3 you will be max XP and max AA
    Elyssanda, Laronk, Tucoh and 3 others like this.
  10. Poyzen Frawg Augur

Actually …. that's what it is ROFL.
    Drakah and OldCa61 like this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Killed a yellow in eastern wastes .034 without lessons.. so .068 with lessons.
  12. Laronk Augur

You can get 0.05 in a full group from some mobs in dungeon zones, he's running lessons in his example. 10 mobs in 8 minutes isn't anything amazing.
  13. Tucoh Augur

10 mobs in eight minutes is like, barely hanging onto a camp in kael/tofs. If you're soloing/moloing getting 10 mobs in eight minutes is pretty good, but tbh in 2020 soloing/moloing in EQ is the worst it's ever been. There's just been too much group ADPS added in the last few years and ToV increased it even more by basically doubling synergy contribution, improving spires and improving a few classes group buffs (warrior's command, mage's elemental form).

Group up and smash stuff and you'll get to 115 fast enough, with or without lessons.
  14. Allayna Augur

Oh look, another xp thread.
    Archery, Goburs, Elyssanda and 4 others like this.
  15. Kuaamil Elder

Also the collections give 2% each and they scale to whatever level you are. Maxing 115 was easy doing this.

Even TBL/RoS/and some of the older meta collect achievements are giving out 2%
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Yinla like this.
  16. Tappin Augur

And you were not expecting as much?
  17. Gremag Journeyman

Thank you for the advice, might give it a shot. I liked progression in past expansions but not as the only way to level. I liked unlocking currency, abilities and zone access. For now, my equipment is far behind as well, so have to address that by cash grinding.

Just wish EQ designers wouldn't force feed us only one path. It's poor design and thinking and not a good sign of things to come.
  18. Xyphen Maximum Augur

There is no XP problem. I'm not a hardcore player - I started leveling over a week after the expansion was released, only did solo tasks and Tier 1 missions prior to 115 and am now max XP and AA. I play for maybe a few hours/day or every other day.

You have to deliberately avoid doing any ToV progression content to grind as bad as people are saying. This would be no different in any other hand-holding MMO like WoW, where choosing to avoid progression means you're in for a long grind.
  19. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Oh, look, someone who actually provides some numbers. Which prove how poor regular xp is in ToV.

So, with lesson, that's 15 mobs to get 1%. Unless you have a perfect group with tons of dps, it takes about 2 minutes to kill a mob. So that's 30 minutes to get 1%, and that's with lesson going.

And some of us don't have the time to play every single day. And some of us can't whistle up a group at any time.

No, I don't expect or demand an easy button. But this is not the same xp we are used to getting. So, if we die a few times on our raids, getting 96% rezzes when lucky and 90% when not, how long do we have to grind to recover that xp?

Basically, it comes down to the entire guild deciding to just do "safe" raids, where we can beat the raid with few deaths, and giving up on trying any new and exciting content because after a week or two most of the guild will be losing levels.

Yes, xp was good doing the achievements, and most people can get to level 114 or 115 by doing them all. That is with zero percent to AAs. What happens after that, since you can't do them again?

And that's with 0% to AAs. Now, for my new ToV healing and damage spells to be even worth casting, I have to earn hundreds (or thousands) of AAs to get the new focus AAs. Otherwise, the level 111 to 115 spells do LESS healing and damage than the 106 to 110 spells.

Sure, you guys who are able to play every day and/or know exactly how to min/max xp, you keep saying there is no problem. I guess us "filthy casual" group and raid people can just pound sand. Or, wait, maybe we just get tired of this and quit EQ.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Mintalie like this.
  20. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

If I didn't have the Recruit-a-Friend bonus I wouldn't bother to maintain my accounts.

A solution is to give the RAF bonus to everyone.
    Yinla likes this.