Not A Bug Deafening Quietus - no xp

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Stephen51, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Stephen51 Augur

I'm not sure if this is a bug or intentional but there is no xp given on completion of the above mercenary task in Eastern Wastes. I've just gotten it again, and it does not list it as a reward in the quest window.

As I said it may be intentional, but it seems strange the task is repeatable and yet there is no xp from the task, what would be the point?
    Dagum and Yinla like this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

That 100p, yo
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

It is intentional...there have already been threads about it that have vanished into the ether (look in the Solved sub forum). Up until RoS, every merc task always gave xp. Then the devs decided that casual players were having way too much fun gaining exp and decided to take all that away.

So, once you do the tasks in ToV, there is absolutely no incentive to ever do them again.
  4. Stephen51 Augur

Thanks Velisaris, and yes Dythan there is always 100pp on completion (currently less than 15 mins of Mercenary time).

Why then would the task be repeatable?
  5. Velisaris_MS Augur

I would direct that question to the devs. Let us know if you get an answer. :D
    Yinla likes this.
  6. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

Because if they weren't repeatable, ppl would complain about that.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd ask what is the point of them?

100 PP is nothing you get more than that just killing mobs, the reward doesn't even cover the cost of mercenary time for doing it. They want us doing mercenary jobs but they don't give us the same wages we have to pay our own mercenarys.
    enclee likes this.