Can't cast bug in t1 ToV raids

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jhenna_BB, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The bug is, you cannot cast spells or discs, spell gems all greyed out until you cast an AA like Ensnare or Innate Camo. This is a bug that has been around and is really tough for players to point out what causes it. It happened to me 4 times on EW 1, 2 times on EW 2 and 2 times on GD raid.

With lag being what it is in EQ, it's tough enough that spell gems lag out a lot to begin with. Having to stare at them all night to verify whether or not the casting bug is present is a real annoyance. I wish I had more info for you, it seems to happen to Berserkers and Wizards a lot as well.

Thank you.
  2. smash Augur

3. Funky Augur

did you have a bard using quick time when your spells locked up? that's a known problem
    Axxius likes this.
  4. svann Augur

This issue needs to be upvoted as much as possible. Its a shame not being able to use quick time.
  5. Duder Augur

This has issue has effected me more times since the ToV launch (quicktime upgrade) than in the previous 2 years combined.
  6. smash Augur

As beast, I have had it some times, esp during burns.

Always have PP there.(Playing Possum)
  7. Funky Augur

ive had it happen to me on my SK a few times boxing... found if i wait a split second after each cast it doesn't do it... but if im just chain smashing my spam key... it would lock up my spells
  8. svann Augur

If I had my way multibind mash keys would not be a thing, but its been in common use so long people would quit if it was ever removed.
  9. Funky Augur

well for some of us, we dont need them... for some classes (zerker/rogue especially), there are just so many abilities being used that without a "mash key", you would have to bind near 3/4 your keyboard
  10. svann Augur

Yep. I understand the need, but the fact that there are that many abilities that people have to multibind-mash them is itself a design flaw imo.
    Funky likes this.
  11. Funky Augur

between abilities to hit, discs, clickies and then spells... it's a lot lol
  12. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Yup! :(
  13. svann Augur

Im tempted to login to my 2nd account to up-vote this thread a 2nd time, but that feels a bit like an exploit so I wont. Does this thread need to be reposted with the words "quick time broken" in the title? Its not just in raids. I turned quick time back on in group and within 15 minutes someone's spell bar got locked up, and naturally it was the healer. So really, I cant use it anymore.
    Duder likes this.