ToFS 3rd Floor Key Mob not spawning

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Valspar, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Valspar New Member

Since the last patch, the "angrier librarian" on the 2nd floor that drops the key for the 3rd floor has not spawned. I have spent five DAYS killing every single mob on the 2nd floor to try and spawn her and nothing (over 24 hours of in game time). I've spoken with other players who have noted the same problem. To my knowledge no one has been able to spawn this mob since the last patch.

Please look into this issue so players can continue their ToFS progression.
  2. Cloud the Third Augur

He spawned yesterday I got it for a friend of mine.

There is a trick to finding them but not 100% sure if they want me posting it on here. It has been a trick you could use to find it since the original TOFS. Ask around someone maybe can let you know how to find it.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Saw 3 pop on track while on the 3rd floor killing yesterday on Xegony.

You can definitely be in the wrong spot on the 2nd floor and kill a rotation of 12 or so mobs and get zip for hours. So it can help to move around.
    Duder likes this.
  4. 666DPSweDeliver Augur

10 keys last night in 4 hours on 2nd floor …. so it still spawns just fine.
  5. Cloud the Third Augur

The problem is if one trigger mob is up normally i don't think another will spawn. I could be wrong but if one is up and u are killing in a different area it may never spawn because it is already up. I know in kael if a wolf named is up somewhere in the zone it will never spawn again in another location.
  6. Kuaamil Elder

I got one to spawn in 10ish minutes of killing this morning.
  7. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I killed a bunch of mobs over a couple weeks time before it spawned. That was before the last patch. Be patient. It spawns.
  8. Valspar New Member

Update to my own post:
    Finally after a /pickzone became available, we moved to a new instance of the zone and on 3rd kill we popped the "angrier librarian". She then proceeded to pop 3 more times in the next 2 hours.

Something was definitely wrong with the base zone (Tunare). I cleared all the mobs on the entire floor several times. Camped for hours and hours over the course of 6 days (probably close to 30 hours total). Not knowing the exact spawn mechanic makes understanding why this was happening impossible. I guess it comes down to, is the "trigger" mob predetermined (like a flag that gets set when the mob spawns), or is it random on the death of any mob? Is it possible the trigger mob spawned out side of the 2nd floor area? Is it possible that the trigger mob was on a different floor? In a wall?

I've heard speculation on all sorts of mechanics but really that's all it is, speculation. Without knowing the exact mechanic we'll never know. I still encourage Daybreak to look into this. A 6 day random spawn is just way to long for that key (specially when most people seem to get it in about 2 hours on average, when the mechanic is working as intended).
  9. Moege Augur

I do not think there is any mechanic for it, was alone in the zone kill ghost at the library bookshelves and got 2 keys. Simple circuit around the outside of the room.
  10. Valspar New Member

I did that for 6 days....hence why I think it was bugged or broken.
  11. Duder Augur

If this occurs, kill what you aren't/haven't been killing on the floor, behind book cases, etc. It's been explained. The "trigger" mob is already up. It carries the same or a similar flag as a traditional rare named spawn. Where as 2 of the same named (in most *not all* zones and camps) cannot be up at the same time. So it is most likely that you are missing the mob is all.
  12. Ashian Augur

Make sure you kill the librarian that is immediately to the left when you port over to the 2nd floor. This is BEFORE you proceed straight up the staircases. I’ve gotten ~5 keys from that particular spawn — so frequently that I always make a point to kill that one when passing through.
  13. Valspar New Member

If this is indeed the mechanic behind the angrier librarian, then something was still broken. I previously mentioned that I did do several complete circuits of the floor killing everything (even in rooms behind the hidden bookcases) on the floor. So I was wondering if the trigger mob had somehow spawned under the world or somewhere not on 2nd floor. That's assuming that the trigger mob is predetermined (when a generic mob spawns), which I'm inclined to think its not. This is of course just based on my experience and the information from others... not on any facts.

A friend mentioned the possibility that the trigger mob could perhaps be found by tracking the oldest mob on the tracking list and killing it and then moving to the next last. While this would make sure you killed every mob on the floor it assumes the "flag on spawn" mechanic is correct, which I tend not to agree with. There are just too many examples of groups that start killing in one spot and eventually getting the mob to pop after killing a constant cycle of the same 4-6 mobs. If that was true then unless you started killing the same group of mobs after another group had been killing them (and successfully popped the librarian) then you'd never get the librarian to pop.

Anyway all the speculation is kind of pointless with out knowing the actual trigger mechanic.
    Duder likes this.
  14. Valspar New Member

I'm quiet positive that the Librarian has nothing to do with the actual spawning of the 'angrier librarian' (in ToV expansion). Many groups never touch the Librarian and get the mob to pop. My own experience confirms this. We got a brand new pick zone with zero players in it... we were the first and only ones in the zone for quite a while and we spawned the 'angrier librarian' on our 3rd kill in the zone from a generic student mob. We never touched the librarian.
    Moege likes this.
  15. Ashian Augur

Sorry, wrong mob (I wasn’t actually in the zone). Not the librarian but the ghostly scholar that spawns immediately to the left when you port into the 2nd floor.
  16. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Killed in NW corner of the scholar floor had 2 keys this afternoon

Need to do ground floor, but that is a no go area right now with all the guards up. So will be 3rd floor hand ins tomorrow :)
  17. Axem the Great Journeyman

On Saturday I was convinced this was broken as well. Spent most of the day killing on the second floor with no pop, and moving camp around to several spots.

Today however I did a loop around the outside of the floor and made sure I killed every mob on the entire floor once, then started again. Got the key pop on the left hand bookshelves on second round of killing, and then on a third round got a second key pop on the bookshelves on the right. Key mob is indeed spawning.
    Yinla likes this.