Druid Skin Spells of the Same Line Do Not Overwrite Each Other

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Fanra, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This bug has been ongoing for over 5 years now, I think. They are, as far as I can discover, the only spells in the entire game where the group and single spells of the same strength will not overwrite each other.

This is true of some, if not all, of the lower level versions as well but to give Daybreak a quick testing example using Opaline Skin, druid spell level 112, and Opaline Blessing, druid spell level 115:
    1. Put Opaline Skin on yourself.
    2. Cast Opaline Blessing.
    3. Get message, "[Sun Jan 19 17:08:38 2020] Your Opaline Blessing spell did not take hold. (Blocked by Opaline Skin.)
    Now try the other way:
    1. Put Opaline Blessing on yourself.
    2. Cast Opaline Skin
    3. Get message, "[Sun Jan 19 17:09:05 2020] Your Opaline Skin spell did not take hold. (Blocked by Opaline Blessing.)"
    Again, this bug has been reported over the years several times by myself, as it affects most, if not all, of the druid skin spells.

I believe in the past, the group version would overwrite the single version, but the single version would not overwrite the group version. With ToV, neither of the skins will overwrite each other.

This becomes an issue when buffing others. On a raid, if I cast the group version for the raid, and someone has a single version with 2 minutes left, they do not get the group version and in 2 minutes, they have none on them.

And if refreshing the buffs of someone with a group version, I use a single version, it doesn't work either. So, again, as the ONLY spell line in the entire game (that I know of) with this problem, I have to tell people to click off their old versions if they want a new one if I use a single and they have group, or group and they have single.
    zleski, Celephane, JacLuc and 2 others like this.
  2. JacLuc Lorekeeper

I just want to add that the Beastlord spell Spiritual Insight does the same thing. I can overwrite my own casting, but not another beastlord's to refresh the timer.
  3. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Just to check, you are both the same level? Because if you are level 113 (as your signature says) and a 114 or 115 Beastlord casts Spiritual Insight, you will not be able to overwrite them.

All buff spells (that I know of) will not let a lower level caster overwrite a higher level caster, even if the same exact spell.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. JacLuc Lorekeeper

I am 115 now and it still occurs with other 115 beastlords. Haven't been able to update magelo since the patch yet. Editing to see if updated signature shows up.