Chase Loot Trade-in option

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rayzen, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Rayzen Elder

How about a vendor of some sort, that will take your chase loot piece and trade it for another of the same tier. Descending moon for descending moon, or ice encrusted for ice encrusted etc. It's hard enough to get chase loot, but it stinks when you finally get a piece, and can't use it.lol Yes, I know you can sell them, but it would be nice to have some sort of way, to just trade for pieces you can actually use yourself. In addition; to prevent some ppl from trading junk, for more preferential item's to sell, you could make the traded for item "No Trade" after the exchange. If ppl are just looking for plat/Krono's they can just sell the original item they got.
  2. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

3. Bigstomp Augur

You can trade an item you can't use, for an item you can use by communicating with your fellow players.
    Lannin, Cicelee and Duder like this.
  4. Rayzen Elder

Your making it sound like it's extremely easy, to find someone, who has the ultra rare drop you want, to trade your ultra rare drop with. If you've been able to do so in the past, then you've been extremely fortunate. Maybe on your server, people have mountains of chase loot sitting around gathering dust.
    Vumad likes this.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you want raid quality loot, join a raid.
    Kaenneth and Duder like this.
  6. Rayzen Elder

The whole Idea of Chase Loot, is to get Raid Quality Loot, and NOT join a raid:)
    Endorek likes this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

If you exchange chase loot for the item of your choosing, is it really chase loot then?

Don't be smug or entitled about it. Just be grateful you have at least 1 chase loot.
    Whulfgar and German like this.
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

It sounds what you are asking for is to make the chase loot drops to be generic items that can be turned in for what you want/need which would eliminate all randomness from getting them once you got the drop.
  9. JeffHanson Augur

If you want raid-quality loot, pay someone running 24/7/365 bot groups for the chase items that you want.
    Kaenneth likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

11. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Would you like it Pre-augged and 100% luck as well?
  12. Whulfgar Augur

Actually .. the whole idea of Chase loot is to augment the raid loot you don't want / feel the need to purchase with your guild points / raid currency.
    Lannin likes this.
  13. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Might as well make it buyable in the marketplace...

Get lucky and loot one, then sell it if you dont use it... I have like 5-10 of them from TDS to EoK... collecting dust... gonna be tribute soon
  14. Rayzen Elder

I thought this was a good Idea for people who Don't Raid, and do not have mega Bot Groups to farm. I should have known there are just too many Elitists out there, and it would just get trolled.
  15. Buster_Shruggs Augur

LOL, I think there were one or 2 constructive comments/suggestions in there, but yea that was rapid and vicious!
  16. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

Or maybe it was just an awful idea? Sheer volume of people that don’t like it lead me to that conclusion.
  17. bortage spammin lifetaps

Seems like it'd be a good deal if you had to trade in some sort of rare token along with a chase loot, or if you could sell chase loot to the npc for loot-points similar to the pet collector npc
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Doesn't matter if they don't have bot groups. Doesn't matter if someone is an elitist.

Your idea is terrible. Period. Full stop. End of line.
  19. Kuaamil Elder

Isn't that what General Chat is for? Or /ooc in PoK?
  20. bortage spammin lifetaps

Why would you be against being able to actually get some value out of the bad rares if you get "lucky" and end up with like a threads belt that doesn't proc on nukes, who's going to buy that?