It's time to get rid of all racial penalties

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by yober, Jan 17, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yober Elder

Large races got extremely OP racial benefits offset by exp penalties. The penalties were removed but they kept the OP benefits. Ogre stun immunity is completely broken forcing anyone who cares at all about being good to go Ogre if their class can.

It's time to do something about bringing the races closer in power and removing the penalties from others would at least help some.
  2. Stratka Lorekeeper

Some folks care about origin point or looks over min/maxing.

Everquest isn't perfectly balanced and that is okay in my opinion. Do I regret not making my human warrior an Ogre? Sure, sometimes. But that origin was pretty nice for Classic through Velious.
    eepok likes this.
  3. DeseanJackson Augur

Which raid or group content were you unable to complete due to not having frontal stun immunity? I’m fairly certain, while beneficial, it is hardly a game changer.

This isn’t a “penalty” to other races as you suggest so much as a race perk others don’t get. Also, pretty sure exp penalties/benefits have already been removed.
    eepok and Meridian like this.
  4. Xeris Augur

I forgot about that one time when I was tanking Vulak with my Barbarian warrior, and I got stunned from the front, couldn't hit a taunt, and the entire raid wiped. Oh wait, that's never happened to anyone ever.

Frontal stun immunity is a random perk but is hardly game breaking, or even really noticeable at any point after you get past lguk in classic.
  5. Tharnkiss Journeyman

It's time to bring them back TLPs seem to want to ruin everything. I want my XP back for being a halfling. Dark elfs get hide. get over it. Ogre gets stun. Let the classes be classes. We need to give more beni's not less.
    eepok likes this.
  6. code-zero Augur

Ogres get frontal melee stun immunity and later in the game the only class that benefits from it are beastlords. Iksar AC racial innates are much better than frontal melee stun immunity. I don't know who you're playing with who insist on any class that can be an ogre being one but it's pretty silly
    Nolrog likes this.
  7. birisu Elder

Even the benefit beastlord's get is pretty marginal since pets can tank with players in melee range now. Never felt like I needed the bash immunity on my shaman either
    code-zero likes this.
  8. WaitingforMoreEQ WaitingforTBC

Ogre>Gnome>Half elf

All other races are trash and should be removed from the game
  9. Roxas MM Augur

i always thought ogres are just big phat gnomes ?

maybe it's me....

and to get back on the subject, i always have been a barb beastlord. cant say i felt less then the phatties or scalies around.
  10. Nolrog Augur

Lack of a bonus <> penalty.
    eepok likes this.
  11. yerm Augur

No dev cares right now, but, if you turn this into a conversation about how all races aren't equal and blow a bunch of dog whistles...
  12. Tweakfour17 Augur

Is this not true on Test? I know on TLP pers can tank Np (escept Motm mobs obviously) but the other day I was messing around on test and whenever I'd get close to the mob he'd ignore my pet and hit me. Back up out of range and he'd face the pet again. I assumed a future expac changed pet behavior but now I'm confused..
  13. code-zero Augur

Yeah in later expansions pets can tank and the player can melee at the same time. Not sure what may be going on with Test but it should be the same there
  14. Fudly Elder

What penalties are you even talking about? No night vision? Halflings having increased hunger?
  15. NoWay Augur

Another whinny post, disregard.
  16. Machen New Member

Just keep playing, all the bonuses are effectively eliminated by aa's if you play far enough into the expansions.
  17. sumnayin Augur

Yes, wait 3-4 years for the AA's you need
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

All this post requires is copious amounts of cheese to partner the whine.

Pointless post because at this stage of the game the racial innates are pretty much meaningless they are so small in effect, even during earlier stages of the game they meant relatively little, though I must admit I started off as a Halfling Cleric on Ragefire purely because they had an XP bonus & that I planned to & did swap race once I hit 60 during Kunark (to Dark Elf for access to the snare click neck).
  19. Xhartor Augur

I would rather see them fix old itemization to remove the flawed no plate for Iksar restrictions, and give them a plate culture set.
    Skuz likes this.
  20. That0neguy Augur

They already removed the penalties for races. Gnomes not having stun immunity is not a penalty. So there is nothing to remove.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.