Paladin burst of wakening multibind issue

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Nylrem, Jan 16, 2020.

1. Nylrem Augur

I've attempted to add burst of wakening to my hotbar multibind on paladin box, and it's hanging up almost every time.

113 paladin, with hotbar 1 as main multibind hotbar, every button set to '1', first button is assist social with thwart, taunt, bash, and divine call. second button is abolishment, third is Force, fourth is brilliant, fifth is valiant, sixth is wakening, seventh is light...

It will 'hang up' and not even activate the assist key, since I added burst of wakening to the bar... Just sort of briefly attempts to cast wakening (cast bar shows up for it, for a couple milliseconds, then disappears every time, when I spam "1"...

Assisting Nylrem, and mob is in camp.

Before adding burst of wakening (didn't use older burst, previously) had no issues with this multibind.

Works fine, if I remove it from the multibind.

If I take it out of the hotbar multibind, and just add it spell casting gem activation, set it's gem to "1" as well, it does the same thing, hangs up the multibind...

Any help would be awesome!
  2. Lubianx Augur

3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Burst of Wakening has a longer spell gem lockout than normal. The lockout is 3 seconds, not 1.5 like 95 percent of the spells.

When you put spells with longer spell gem lockouts that the global cooldown on your multibinds, you can really mess them up. With the lockout, you really want burst on a separate key anyway so you don't screw yourself … even if it worked properly.

BTW, adding it to the spell casting gem activation is the same thing has having it on the multibind (I forget which order it goes … spells then hotbar or the other way).
  4. Szilent Augur

If there's a bard, that's maybe the thing. But multibinding Burst is an odd choice for starts, since it carries the 3sec Quiet rider, basically preventing a whole spell cast to follow up.

Go with Protective instead? The theoretical use cases of Burst & Light is that they can be targeted on teammates, but as you're multibinding, that's right out the window. Protective target-of-target heals for as much as Light, plus applies 85k of melee guard. Burst heals for somewhat more, but in a multibind you're not responding to some greater need for immediate healing, you're just interrupting the flow of more healing , due to the Quiet.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Burst spells have a 3 sec spell bar lockout.