Can we improve the waiting experience on Login servers?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Fian Augur

I can leave my character for hours unattended in lobby or bazaar, and the system never logs them off. However, 15 minutes of unattended time in the chatroom or server page, and it logs me off. Surely, the system can handle the load of people waiting and give periodic updates on server status.

It would also be helpful, if there was a banner at the top of the chatroom that gave the latest message and whether game servers were up.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Nennius Curmudgeon

I also think the drink service needs to be improved. BTW, I think that having chat servers full of AFK folks would be kind of silly. On the other hand, that could generate dozens of threads discussing the urgent need to do something about Chat Room BOTS. Hmmmm
    OldCa61 and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  3. Vumad Cape Wearer

Well if they were bots, then they would be doing things they would make them appear not afk, and thus would not be impacted by the lack of a change.
  4. Malbro Augur

Some nice elevator music to while a way the hours maybe....:rolleyes:
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

6. Qbert Gallifreyan

It might be nice, but if they never had login server issues it would be a bit of a moot point. The only reason I bother logging into the chat room a little before the scheduled uptime for patches is their not-so-distant past history of people being unable to log in due to login server issues after patches.

I spend 5% of my time in the chat room keeping active enough not to get booted, 5% responding to people that never read the forums about down-/up-times and 90% of the time squelching all of the dopes that think talking politics in an EQ chatroom makes sense.
  7. Kuaamil Elder

Smooth jazz? Free refreshments?
  8. Karthos Augur