Are bosses supposed to be this slow to spawn?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dwimmerlaike, Jan 15, 2020.

1. AppleSplatter Journeyman

I went back to the Giant fort in EW and ran around for 5 minutes while looking for Windchill PH's. I'm pretty sure the PH's are "a frosted dire wolf" but I didn't see any around. Does the PH have a PH?? Doesn't seem right to me.
  2. Ngreth Thergn Developer

One thing we are finding is that many placeholder NPCs don't have an identifying name. Absor is looking into that.
    Yinla, Laronk and menown like this.
  3. Laronk Augur

Ahh yeah, this was getting me
  4. Leed New Member

Is the 'no identifying name' why so many PHs seem gone/never spawn? Eg somehow they lost their names and the server won't spawn something with no name?
  5. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

question I have and this is just an example nothing about this named spawning too rare.

Laima Ratgur PH is a frigid coldain now we have what 15 a frigid coldain in one cave in GD ? However if you clear the entire room you will notice you only get the named from about 3 locations so my question is are the named supposed to be spawning from any of the PHs or just certain ones and people simply are just not clearing the right ones ?
  6. Whulfgar Augur

OMFG BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
  7. Vashyr Grand Duchess

Not a single named after multiple hours of clearing in velk's..
  8. Whulfgar Augur

In ToFS .. My personal experience (Whullf, Rathe server) I can flat out tell you .. I was getting 1 named every spawn cycle .. And if you do not believe me I can give you the names of 12 people I took an completed hunter in Tofs .. with over the course of 2 days..
  9. Whulfgar Augur

4 Cycles down I got Neemzaq .. hour after that .. Velium Horrer was downed ..

Are you just clearing ph's? ALL Ph's ? whats going on ?
  10. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Nope. only makes it more difficult for players to know what to kill. Names have no effect on the rare spawn mechanic.
    probably only the placeholder in the 3 locations count towards spawning the rare. The rest don't.
  11. Zerker1231 Lorekeeper

So maybe them 3 PHs should of had a unique name. This is a common thing in all of TOV.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Leed New Member

I don't know what server Qbert is on (since he mentioned seeing the same thing with the same PH/named earlier in thread), but on Firiona Vie in the area where 'Mahaha' used to spawn there are several missing 'a hypothermic ghoul'. The PHs seem to be gone completely, only the mobs that didn't spawn him are still up and respawning.
  13. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

It's impressive that you finished hunter for 12 people under the new spawn rate over 2 days … WHEN THE PATCH HAS ONLY BEEN LIVE FOR ONE!

From what I've seen by myself and other groups fighting in ToFS over the last day, the 1 spawn in about 72 minutes seems about what the rate is. I was killing the disturbed librarians (all of em each cycle) for about 2 hours straight and didn't see a named, but someone hunting for master key mob got 2 in that span. And I saw two other groups with a named each during that time.

The non-named key mob spawning seemed to be at a faster rate, about the same as before the patch.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

Yes, as they only required Neemzaq and Velium Horror in Velks. My killing of both of those mobs finished off those people.

Guess they cleared out all other namers prior to that. See unlike you. I hollar in /gu Such an Such named is up.. who needs it ..

Then I toss out raid invites to my guildies, because this is how I are. Perhap's you are not this generous .. But I am.

Thus I helped 12 people in my guild get their last 2 named in the entire expansion THE DAY THE NERF WENT LIVE ...

its ok .. I would not expect some to understand how its possible ..