Any chance of a new TLP PVP Server?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by WeWannaPVP, Jan 14, 2020.

1. WeWannaPVP New Member

I thought I heard someone mentioned there was a new PVP server coming up in TS and I was all excited only to search for more info and nothing! :(

Is there one coming down the pike?

If there is, I've got a lot of ideas how to prevent some of the biggest pitfalls on a PVP server.

If there isn't, why not? At one time there were 4 PVP servers, so there was obviously an interest in it.

TLP PVP server with DZs would be awesome. No more total blocking of every piece of loot by 1-2 strong guilds.

Ya could do DZ for XP zones even, but they get 1/2 normal XP or OW gets 2x XP, depending on how you want to do it.

These are just couple of ideas that could help a PVP server continue to thrive as I believe one of the biggest issues with them is the a-hole factor but with a little bit of work, that can be mitigated.
  2. Smokezz The Bane Crew

TLP forum is just under this one...
    Duder, Allayna, Yinla and 3 others like this.
  3. Yimin Augur

PVP is failure no matter the format !

YiMin
    Duder likes this.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

There are not enough people who play EQ .. who share your opinion.

Thus .. There are not enough people who play EQ .. to warrant a new server when there is a PVP server (with a free server transfer to.. no less) already..

You simple are such a minority in Everquest that its not worth their time / effort to push for.
    Skuz and Herodotus like this.
  5. feeltheburn Augur

6. Herodotus Augur

Quite true. There is a cost for the operation of every server. If the powers that be run the numbers and it doesn't work out then...no server. Perhaps if the current PvP server were to be brimming with players...
    Skuz, Nennius and Whulfgar like this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

Everquest has done PvP wrong from the get go, which is really sad because the game begged for a good system early on.

One of the reasons Dark Age of Camelot was a popular alternative to Everquest was the realm PvP. Everquest could have done that better and sooner, but they went the opposite route with Crescent Reach and cookie cutter templates for just about everything in the game.

I generally don't have any interest in TLP servers because they are just regrinding the past. A server with hybrid PvP in PvP zones, unique guild neighborhoods attached to cities rather than the guild lobby, better housing and guild hall tools, and restrictions on guilds, groups, and mercs to race or religion would really be of great interest to me. That would include PvP restrictions as well.

Having some zones PvP and others not would be set by lore and level. Having a dark plane of knowledge and a light plane of knowledge would further the immersiveness or many of the buildings could be destroyed and left in ruins altogether. Crescent Reach would become the home of only one race.

A PvP server with the same game as before is a dead concept. A PvP server that actually uses what made Everquest great early on to a greater degree would be a lot of fun.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Lets see, make numerous threads asking for PvP servers.

That will get them to make a new one.
  9. Herodotus Augur

Yet other games have done it well. Obviously, there was a choice back when by the EQ team to not focus on PvP. Lack of resources maybe. In any case, it would appear that ship has sailed over the horizon of this game.
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

To be fair, it did work to get larger bags.
    Warpeace likes this.
  11. Yimin Augur

Lack of resources ? No it is and was lack of interest ! Zek was not the only PVP EQ there was a few of them, they just all got to small to support a healthy server population , Zek only stands now because it is the last PVP server !

YiMin
  12. Keenween Elder

If you ask:

For me, they can close Zek too, i dont need PvP in EQ (there are enought online pvp games out)

If you want pvp, go and play wow, swtor or teso
    Yimin likes this.