Fixed Internally Guild names not displaying

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by JeffHanson, Jan 16, 2020.

1. JeffHanson Augur

Yesterday, I saw everybody in a certain guild with a blank guild tag: it showed as <>.

Today, that guild is back to normal but my guild displays as <>.
    DebonAir, Enoch, GNOME_POWER and 2 others like this.
  2. Eaiana Augur

I saw this yesterday too, only on one account. When I logged all the way out and relaunched the client it was correct. Zoning did not fix it.
  3. GNOME_POWER Augur

One of my toons this morning did not have a guild tag, but now the correct guild tag is displayed.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

5. klanderso Developer

Which server and what's your character name?
  6. Piemastaj Augur

Piemastaj, Xegony.

I could see every other guild tag except my own guilds. Logging all the way out of EQ and back in brought things back to normal. Has happened twice so far for me.
  7. Yamakasi Apprentice

same here happened yesterday, logging all the way out of EQ and back in resolved this, today logging in and no guild tag showing only <>
    Yamakasi , antonius bayle.
  8. Eaiana Augur

Eaiana, Povar, <Echoes In Eternity>

Same as Piemastaj, my guild displayed as <>, other guilds were fine. Killing the client and restarting fixed it.
  9. Eaiana Augur

Saw it again tonight. Character is Eaiana, Povar server. The guild was <Brew Masters>
  10. GNOME_POWER Augur

EQ login.
    When I switched the viewpoint by pressing F9, the guild tag was seen for a short and then changed to "<>".
  11. Schadenfreude Augur

Currently widespread on FV.
    Either <> or <Unknown Guild>
  12. strongbus Augur

same on bertox and it seems random. Get people in guild who say it as well. and see it on alts. one time i log a alt in it have the bug relog it in and it won't.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Have several members who are having the same problem on Xegony. Also opened another bug report /who guild all now shows what looks to be everyone on the server.
  14. Imukai Augur

I've had this happen as well with the empty <> guild tag. At the same time, none of the NPCs in the zone had names.
  15. Shavin Journeyman

Same thing for me after a LD cause IP reseted, log back and <> was up..and guild name vanished.
    Grouped with a guild member and all i can see was <> on him too....
    So log off completely, and log in again, fixed my tag but for how long time ? ...
    Shavinx, Wreckers guild on Bertox.
  16. Eaiana Augur

If it helps to narrow down the problem, another manifestation of this bug is that the message that comes up when the guild banner fades and you have the <> bug looks like this:

The guild banner for has been pulled up!

Note that the guild name is completely missing
  17. Duality Augur

A few days ago I was having the <> only on one pc, the next day and currently it's just random when I log a toon on. Except now it will say Unknown Guild for maybe 10 seconds, before the name is finally fetched.
  18. klanderso Developer

Thanks folks. I've got a fix internally that should be out in the next update. For now, some information: If you see a guild with the name <Unknown Guild>, it means your game client has requested the name for that guild from the server and is waiting on a response; it should be updated in less than a minute. If you see a guild with a blank tag (<>), the guild itself is not broken, it's simply failed to fetch the correct name. My fix is directed at preventing blank guild tags from being blank indefinitely.
    Eaiana likes this.
  19. maxwell Lorekeeper

Will the fix address the fact if you try looking up Who (guild) 115 all, nothing shows. This is an example I used to be able to do - Who Phoenix 115 all. And names would show. I am using that guild as an example only, now nothing shows, does not matter which guild you try.

The guild tags are showing for these guilds just cannot find them doing who request anymore