Torment of Velious: The puller's expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Fian, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I've had a lot of luck tagging stuff on a SK, hitting shield block right before the mass gets there, and then mezzing stuff. A few times I found that the mobs were unmezzable (oops), but by and large that's been avoidable.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  2. Natal Augur

It doesn't miss, it just poofs into the geometry. All of them do. You can shoot a thousand arrows and nothing will happen. You can be standing on flat ground with direct line of sight and the arrow will do nothing. It will go to the mob, but the mob will not agro and no damage is done. ToV is extremely buggy that way. You have to be standing in just the right place relative to the mob or the arrow does not hit, period. It makes for very frustrating pulling.

As a warrior the most reliable method is to have precision up and get a heal. Which is not ideal since range is more limited, but the issues with arrows in ToV means that you have to in many cases.
  3. PhantasmaRathe Journeyman

I really disliked reading your post. I'm an Enchanter and have always played an Enchanter. I stand by the idea that the Enchanter is the best puller in the game without question. As and Enchanter we have the most ways possible to pull a mob. We can mez, stun, root, pacify, memblur, self stasis, charm, toss/root, pet pull and so on. We are a utility casting class through and through. If you need it we probly have it. The problem with many players, in my opinion, is that they get in a rut and don't experiment with the 90% of spells or abilities they don't use :( ... ToV in my opinion is a Pacifier's play ground. Any class that can pacify undead, with a solid understanding of what pacify is and how it works, can pull pretty much 85% of this content with that one technique. As Enchanters we can pacify and sooo sooo much more.
    RPoo and Mazame like this.
  4. PhantasmaRathe Journeyman

mezzing is one way to lock down and cherry pick a single mob to pull to your camp ... you just memblur the left behind mezz'd mobs
    RPoo and svann like this.
  5. Whulfgar Augur

I as a warrior have never seen this happen with the arrow's.

Course I never pull with an arrow either .. (well not never, but exceedingly rarely do I ever..) I use staff to pull instant cast instant refresh an it reaches as far as any bow I've ever seen. Also I use some of our AA's to pull as well roughly 50% of the time.
  6. kizant Augur

You can look at it a bunch of ways I guess but imo if you're talking about an AE mez and then pulling the one mob you want. What you're doing is first performing crowd control. You don't even need to 'pull' after that point. Just go up and start killing them one at a time.

Now if you're mezzing something and then punting it around with the intent to aggro something else from max range then I'd call that a pulling technique.
  7. Fian Augur

The standard mez pull technique is you mez a single mob, and its friend nearby aggros which you lead to your group. AE mez pulling would be a pretty rare trick, maybe if you are counting on a few to resist to lead back to camp.
    RPoo likes this.
  8. kizant Augur

I agree and that's what I was referring to in my example but I don't believe that's what they were talking about. They said, "you just memblur the left behind mezz'd mobs". And since mez can be resisted and is slow I tend to just tash and use the belt clickie for the same effect.
  9. Fian Augur

What is the belt clicky?
  10. kizant Augur

The one from Underfoot with a memblur click. It always seems a little quicker to use than fog to me.
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=109795

Edit: I never looked it before but yeah, fog of memories is 1.25 seconds vs 0.5 for the belt.
    RPoo likes this.
  11. Szilent Augur

Staff clicks Rot Vulnerability, 200 range

Modern tank bows, all of them, start with 215 range. Summoned Ethereal Arrows add 75 for a total of 290 range.

If one wants to go for it, the much older Bow of Shadows has 250 range, and various crafted arrows 125 range for a total of 375.
  12. Bigstomp Augur

Classes in the demand will change. Especially (if? hopeful?) the idiotic pathing gets fixed. I feel like I'm in crushbone after I aggro a mob right beside me. He may come to me, he may take a path around the zone, through plane of time, and then back and bring everything he found along the way.
  13. Whulfgar Augur

Right on. For those whom still pull with bows. That would be a great 1 to plunk mobs with for pulling.
  14. Bigstomp Augur

I use the staff like you. Or ideally normal aggro buttons (with pathing being what it is, I prefer to charge the mob so he stands still vs trying to pull)
    Whulfgar likes this.