Fixed Internally Hanging when logging out

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Yinla, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Piooma New Member

Also -- for those others that are having the crash to windows mode from full screen trying close the program from the black screen is a old school method of exit program of Alt+F4 keys that doesn't reset your ini file to windows mode and can be done without task manager or ctrl + alt + del.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bypassing the patcher logging in is giving me the correct screens and responses on log out.

This may be a clue and indicates there is something broken in the patcher.

Keeping in mind this is only for the hanging log out black screen or delayed then old style screen. Someone posted under player support and I tried it and it worked every time perfectly.
    That0neguy likes this.
  3. rrapidron New Member

Its still happenng to me
  4. rrapidron New Member

how do you bypass the patcher?
  5. Nniki Augur

6. Casquette Journeyman

You copy the EQ shortcut and edit the properties of the new shortcut to change the target to say
    C:\EQ\eqgame.exe patchme /login:youraccountname

Just remember you still have to go back and run the launcher after patch day for every account.

The disadvantage is you have to enter your password every time (the launcher remembers your pw).

One advantage is it logs in faster. Whereas the launcher forces you to close the launcher and re-start it to launch a second account on the same PC, this method doesn't.
    Another advantage if you have multiple accounts is that it lets you pin each account to your windows taskbar separately so they remain separate and in a known position when you play, which makes it much easier to switch between multiple characters that you are playing at once.
  7. Casquette Journeyman

Half the time when I launch EQ, it goes to a black screen and never reaches the server select screen. The only way to continue is to kill the EQ process and try it again. Win 7, if that matters.

I wonder if that's directly related to this issue of camping to server select goes to a black screen?
  8. p2aa Augur

Issue 1 and 2 are linked. I got both.
    1) Clicking quit on the character selection screen window
    2) Black screen window, the process stopped responding
    3) around 40 sec later, the black screen window turns into the old login screen window.
    Clicking "cancel" doesn't work. The process has stopped responding before.
    If you fix "the process stops responding", then I believe that you will never see Issue 1. People don't see the old loging screen window because they closed the game before.
    I will create a dump from the task manager and pm you.
  9. That0neguy Augur

Any updates on this one? Didn't see anything in the test server patch notes that would relate to this.
  10. Raiina New Member

This happens to me every time I log out. I have 6 accounts and play in Windowed mode. It's been happening for well over 2 months.
  11. That0neguy Augur

Any updates? This is one of the highest voted issues on this forum impacting a lot of people.
  12. FubarEQ Journeyman

I had this issue for months, /camp and /camp desktop have been fixed for me at least. It was probably 2-3 patches ago. However going into offline trader mode in the bazaar still hangs. I have to press win+tab to open a new desktop to get past the black screen to kill the task.
  13. JChan Developer

From the test update notes:
    The last few updates we have been adding speculative fixes to the myriad of issues that would result in these symptoms. The one next week should address some more of the causes of the remaining symptoms listed in this thread.

However, since we have not been able to reproduce this issue internally we're still leaving this thread open to try to collect information about additional issues that result in this same issue.
    Yinla and Killaas_FV like this.
  14. smash Augur

I kind of thinks it has something to do with the amount of things on the character it self.
    I have a char which is my main who often got the problem when trying to get to char select when logging out, there the problem is very often, it is the char with a lot of data on like collection/achievements and more there. Also char who got a lot of big bags with larget amount of items in.

I however seems to be able to reduce the thing, when I have lesser amount of items in the bags
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Many of my little level 1 guys with nothing on them hang just like the others with a lot of items or some with medium amount of items (my level 29 characters that imbue stuff) or even my buff bots with no achievements/bags/tasks etc. hang every time.

In other words the only time the game does not hang on logging out on any of my characters is if I bypass the patcher when I log in as mentioned above.
  16. Malbro Augur

Camp to char select and then exit, wind up with a back screened window (I play in windowed mode). /camp desktop takes me to the desktop every time.

Just /camp to change characters, no trouble.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  17. Ranor Lorekeeper

Still not Fixed. :(
  18. JChan Developer

Which issue are you experiencing?

Issue 1: Eventually you get to the old login screen if you wait some minutes (around 5)
    Issue 2: You never get to the old login screen and the process stops responding

Issue 1 is related to trying to reconnect to our login server but something is having issues reconnecting, it times out, and decides to send you back to the "reset" state. Please PM me your account name, server, exact time this happened last, and the last 100 lines or so of your dbg.txt file (found in Logs directory).

Issue 2 it sounds like your client is stuck in an infinite loop. The next time this happens I'll need you to create a dump file using Task Manager. See https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/debugger/2009/12/30/what-is-a-dump-and-how-do-i-create-one/ "To create a dump using Task Manager". Once you have one of these, PM me and I'll provide information on how to send it to us.
  19. Ranor Lorekeeper

PM sent with requested information
  20. That0neguy Augur

Still having issue #1 as well. Will send you a PM with the log file again.