Server Downtime: Wednesday, Jauary 15th @ 6:00 AM

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Elyee, Jan 15, 2020.

1. Elyee Lorekeeper

First of all .. WTH is "Jauary" ...
    So 5 hours >>> would be in 45 minutes from now <<<

>> anyone wanna take bets that it will be delayed?

2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

I can tell from your post that you are new here, or a child. So welcome, the swing sets are that way ----->
  3. Elyee Lorekeeper

I don't understand Dythan. Did I say something to offend you? Is my asking if the patch will be delayed some how immature? Is there no historical precedent for it? Or are you just hangry?
  4. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Just admit it, you are forumquesting, hoping that there's a significant delay of downtime so this post blows up.
    Rarthin likes this.
  5. AppleSplatter Journeyman

Threads like this make gamers look like aholes. Can't you find something to do with your time that's better than shi posting or trolling?
    Rarthin likes this.
  6. Elyee Lorekeeper

I'm killing time while the servers are down .. isn't that what you're doing?? ...
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Nope just got back from the cinema, and drooling over Chris Evans. :)

Currently eating and catching up on gossip. :)
    Elyssanda, Rarthin and Skuz like this.
  8. Elyee Lorekeeper

9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Time to watch TV for an hour, then check if it is up. :)
  10. Nennius Curmudgeon

Perhaps we could have a PvP version of Forumquesting? Nah
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

And now for no real good reason at all.

[IMG]
    Elyssanda, Thesehips and Skuz like this.
  12. Ashian Augur

You didn’t ask if the patch will be delayed. You made a joke about taking bets that it will be delayed, which was incredibly immature. Chill out for a few more hours and give the devs some slack. You have no idea what is / is not under their control and taking cheap shots on their public forums is not going to get the servers up any faster.
    Rarthin likes this.
  13. Elyee Lorekeeper

Seriously wow. Let's just look at the big picture >>>

This is a forum for EQ where people post all kind of stuff: thoughts, opinions, wishes, gripes, frustrations, etc.

The Servers are down. We're killing time.

The original Server Downtime posting in News and Announcements has a SUBJECT line misspelled for "January".

And, as is, and should be expected, the patch is almost always delayed past when they say it will be.

So I posted a forum thread in the Veteran's lounge to track how long it would take - since, it's fun to watch how it goes and what the actual tracking of the delays are >>> and people start crying.

LOL
  14. Cicelee Augur

I will proof read all future DBG release notes and updates for spelling errors at the low cost of two kronos per month.

#creatingjobsin2020
    Rarthin, Nennius, Elyee and 1 other person like this.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

"Incredibly immature"? No need to overstate there I think. Making jokes about the delays in EQ patches is a regular and expected thing here. Should we be patient? Of course, but I rather doubt that the Devs even notice the de rigueur posts about patch delays now.

On the other hand, If it takes much longer, I shall expect personal apologies from everyone involved, double experience for just me, a free polo shirt (black XL with a gold embroidered logo please), and a steak dinner as well. :) :) :)
    Elyee likes this.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

I'll do it for one.
    Elyee likes this.
  17. Ashian Augur

I know you’re making jokes but you’re doing so at the expense of select members of the DBG staff who are probably working overtime and already under intense pressure from their team and corporate overlords to get it right, ASAP. I work in a pretty demanding, “get it done” type environment, but I would still be up in arms if a customer was taking cheap shots at me while I was doing everything in my power to get their servers up and running. If you want to pass the time and make fun of the devs with your guildmates, go right ahead, on discord, but don’t do it here in their public forums.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Yes sir!

My point was merely that posts talking/complaining/joking about delays about patches are to be expected and I doubt the devs. really much care about it. Next, If they are making overtime in the middle of the work day here in San Diego (live here so I kind of know what time it is) then that is really cool. I would love to get OT for that.

Anyway, your definition and mine of a "cheap shot" are clearly rather different. As for me, I am off to feed my very rambunctious three year-old sons (yes, men can care for kids--not directed at you) and then I think I will take them for a walk. Be safe and level well.
    Elyee and Ashian like this.
  19. Infinite_Karma New Member

20. Infinite_Karma New Member

SERVERS ARE UP! QUICK EVERYONE TRY TO LOG ON AND CRASH THE LAUNCH SERVER!