EQ - frustration.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Marbles, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The funny thing is DBG went through this before when they were scaling old HAs to whatever the current level and people didn't like it and it was changed to only scale up to the level that was max when the HA was made. Now they are doing something similar through a different method. I hope there was some reason for it other then making older content harder.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

No, they aren't. This is a cut and paste error, where they pasted over spells meant for HAs to regular zone mobs, before changing what they thought were all relevant fields.

Instead, they left the field that makes the spell scale to player level without limit, as is, leading to this issue when the levels went up.

Bug needs to be fixed and will require either a lot of nice detailed PMs to the devs, or them to take the time to figure out every spell affecting it.

Also, some HA spells may be the SAME spell used by static zone NPCs. Remember, HAs were supposed to scale forever, but that was only changed due to gribbles.
  3. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The HA scaling debacle really needs to be un-done. Let old content be old content. PLEASE.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Spot on & I fully agree with your assessment.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I agree, this was a very strange decision & really it just punishes players who are playing through older content because their gear or aa is not up to tackling newer things, it's like.

I don't like it one bit & I cannot understand how it logically makes any sense at all.

If the motivation was to push people into higher content it still makes no sense, if your content at higher levels is good enough people will go play in that anyway, if you are retroactively making older content rougher with no increase in benefits it's like admitting your new stuff is rubbish so you must dissuade people from playing the old content by increasing risk without any benefit - that's a completely buttocks-backwards way of looking at the problem.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  6. Marbles Elder

More info (and insight from the post about CTOF):

Insanity is doing the same thing over and expecting different results :)

We also need Render, so we got the BM quest the handmaiden. (It is important to note, we completed ALL of these quest when current, just going back for hunter with more levels/aa/better gear).

The trash mobs seemed ok but the spikes were more noticable, but "A terrible monster" with Riposte/Strikethrough was 50% HP Loss EVERY round and then two three rounds later was a one shot (acutally multi shot but too quick to counter so lets call it one shot)
    Laurana likes this.
  7. Bobokin Augur

I totally agree.

Please read my posts and the responses to them in other topics. There are people on this board that believe everyone who is not in a raid guild or bot user must be a lazy whiner. They don't understand casual players because they think casual players are those who put in just two hours per day rather than four. They don't get that true casual players on live are getting shafted from the top from power nerfs and the bottom from TLP server nerfs.

They don't get that there even ARE actual casual players, and they just do not care about them if there were any.
    Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  8. Madforwdw Lorekeeper

As someone whose 112 pally got his sorry a handed to him by A Terrible Monster, I agree the scaling is such an incredibly bad idea. But, I think it is one of those things the devs think is right and will not change. I've been having fun doing progression in older expansions but I think the HAs are going to be a no no for me.
  9. Galien Journeyman

Soon it requires a 115 lvl raidforce to kill Cazel, in order to get a chanter Epic 1.0 :cool:
    Bobokin and Skuz like this.
  10. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Ran through 5 of the 6 HAs from Ethernere, didn't notice anything out of the ordinary on Monday.

It maybe similar to when they did the changes when RoS came out that it is certain NPCs which are overpowered in some HAs.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

So, just complaining without doing anything about it? Got it.

Don't see any threads in the bug section noting missions and mobs with issues. Just general whining, other than ONE mob and one mob TYPE mentioned in this thread.

Again, if mobs are having their spells scale UP past the level of the expansion the content was made, then POST A BUG THREAD ABOUT IT, oh, and use /bug for good measure just because.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

The Devs think we are just whining. They stated such back in 2018 when they implemented this change. The risk v reward balance was skewed due to this change. They could give a flip that missions in the older of the two same-level expansions got more difficult by an entire expansion's worth of monster damage output, monster damage avoidance, mitigation, and AE damage tables.

Fire up any RoS HA, and prepare for TBL-level difficulty. Oh, and the rewards stay RoS.

DEVS: You're welcome!
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Marbles Elder

I generally don't play forum quest, but there are bug reports (Did YOU even look??) but if they are not going to be responded too then this is the only option. AND additionally, it seems to be an across the board scaling/repost/strikethrough issue and i Don't think it is our responsibility to call out every mob/quest/encounter when it is CLEARLY a system wide problem and not an individual case by case issue.

Skuz and Metanis like this.
  14. Nennius Curmudgeon

If true, just think how it will bring people together. Let's all hold hands now and sing. I still think that old content should have largely been left alone. Clearly, the devs. do not agree. They do seem to want to rescale old content and that does make leveling new characters harder than it need be. For those of us who have been playing for a good long time, we can and will adapt. For anyone who is truly new, or has been a long time away, this is a very real barrier to advancement. Let the game be fun.
    Skuz and Yinla like this.
  15. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yeah, I did. I went through the first 4 pages of the bug report forum. Didn't see anything relevant. Whining about "across the board scaling/riposte/strikethrough" is exactly the opposite of what gets anything done.

If you want it fixed, then, yes, specifically bug any individual mission, mob, or spell that's an issue.

Or you can keep whining about it and see nothing change. Your choice. Doesn't affect me, so whatever.