Restless Ice Ornaments

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

How rare are 'Restless Ice' armor ornaments? I got a pair of Restless Ice Leather Legs to drop off of Thosgromri Warmgranite today. Are they chase loot rare, Dark Elf/Bixie ornament rare, or uncommon but players are hoarding them?

Does anyone have screenshots of full suits of Restless Ice Cloth/Leather/Chain/Plate?
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

I have gotten 7 different ornaments in approximately 200ish named kills (more easily found on Brekt since very, very few people are in the expansion, and they often leave named up). Given that they seem to be the raid set, but infrequent on group named (I think that is the word used in the /ach), it seems about right to me.

I haven't gotten a full set of anything in RoS or TBL (or ToV, but it's early), though, so I do wish there was a trade/vendor mechanism for these. Kills were high at the beginning due to increased rare rate we received for the holidays, and now that I have only four named in Kael left to kill for ToV hunter, my kill rate will be down to near nil on nameds for the rest of the year.
    Benito likes this.
  3. Kuaamil Elder

It's mostly chain with plate boots, arms, and bracers. I didn't think it was too terribly rare and got most of the pieces dropped, but bought two.

[IMG]
    Benito likes this.
  4. Fian Augur

How are you finished with TOV hunter? There are like 4 super rare name in Velks that are near impossible to spawn.
  5. Triconix Augur

Wasted so much time trying to get Neemzaq to spawn. Still have yet to see him.
    Pano and Whulfgar like this.
  6. UnknownUser New Member

6/7 Plate
    Chain wrist
    I would say rare drop. Plate more so than Leather / Cloth. Chain is in the middle.
    [IMG]
    Duder and Benito like this.
  7. Qbert Gallifreyan

Said I have four left (in Kael . . two now as of the time of this post). Not too many people on my server to actually kill the mobs.

Neemzaq took me about 20 placeholders during the rare boost, then as soon as that was over, he was like the second repop. He respawned on death and is probably still alive, he was for a couple of days at least (haven't been back there).

edit: the velium horror gargoyle named took me a lot longer/the longest so far. It was approximately 20 placeholders in the maze, about 40 or so in the pit where he is all by his lonesome near the castle (where it eventually spawned for me), and about 20 or so on the outside wall of the castle.
  8. Nniki Augur

I've completed slayer and killed over 100 named at this point without seeing a single ornament drop yet.
  9. UnknownUser New Member

I want to say I have seen the most drops in ToFS but that may just be because of the amount of time I spent in that zone.
    Slayer complete as well. I have yet to get a single ornamentation from a T1 zone.
  10. Thunderkiks Augur

Haven't seen all that many. Finished hunter on my main group Jan 5th and my second group is down to Velks and Kael left. I have 4 pieces and saw a couple more helping friends with their hunter.
  11. Redemption Lorekeeper

i have had one ornament drop so far but to be honest they are so rare and expensive in bazaar or general that i just delete rather than trying to collect.
  12. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

Pretty sure it's been confirmed that there is only one set of armor ornaments for this expansion. Which means they can be gained through raiding. So eventually … when we get raids … you might see a few more in the pipeline. When we get raids ...
  13. Ngreth Thergn Developer

They are rare on rare mobs. At least two pieces are guaranteed per raid.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  14. Qbert Gallifreyan

I know, I know, dumb luck/random number generator, but:

I have gotten more Restless Sack bags from named than ornaments :p I'm up to 9 bags to 8 ornaments now heh.
    OldCa61 likes this.