Test Update 01/12/2020 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Jan 12, 2020.

1. LesserArchi Elder

Anyone happened to know when the next live patch date is going to be?
  2. klanderso Developer

3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

3rd Wednesday of the month. Almost always on /calendar.

If they didn't delay the Jan patch due to the shortest possible time (15th of the month) and coming right off the holidays, then you can pretty much just put the item in your personal calendar for 3rd Wednesday and never need to wonder again.
    Yinla likes this.
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

5. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

Still not seeing if a note to say Gift of Mana 115 message will be fixed. It still says You have been granted gift of mana 106 to 110! when it fires. Makes it harder to see which one went off. This was bug reported on Dec 25th as well as Jan 6th by different players.
  6. Kianara Lorekeeper

You still can't complete the quest more than twice in an hour .. 48-50aa in an hour, if that's all you're doing, is a terrible xp rate. I think the issue's more from the fact that you're only killing a grand total of 2 mobs for those AA. And in between, most people just grind named/farm camps in EW. So overall there's very little effort being put in to gaining upwards, and in most cases, over 75-100aa in an hour, and essentially cramming a single zone full of a bulk of the lvl 111+ folks. Hence why there's usually 2-3 pickzones available most times in EW, and none in most other zones.

I'll admit, I've been running Ada a LOT and farming in EW because it's one of the easiest ways to grind through AAs. And even I'll be glad when it's changed, and other zones start to see play from other folks again.
  7. Ashian Augur

You guys need to learn to optimize! Because Ada can essentially be done solo, 1 group member is in charge of running Ada while the rest of the group does exp normally. All the Ada exp is incremental and the group is only out 1 group member.

Note: I’ve only done the Ada mission once because it is incredibly boring, but this strategy should work.
  8. AtomicBlaze1 New Member

What is the status of the Vet AA changes on progression servers like Coirnav? I did not see the Vet AA as part of the patch notes.
  9. Karhar Dream Crusher

I ran ada while i was doing tradeskills on the other toon :p Getting 25 aa while combining a million fish scales is great.
  10. Angahran Augur

You mean 0.1% ?
  11. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Well, if you turned off fellowship sharing like I suggested before... you wouldn't be getting such little xp. Another person in my guild was getting exactly the same XP you were posting about. That was the issue.
  12. Natal Augur

Well, you could do that in GMM in the TBL era, even after the nerf, so it is not like it is something new.
  13. Natal Augur

It doesn't take hours for 1%. You can get 2% or more in 30 minutes running a lesson.
  14. Angahran Augur

So, 1% in 30 minutes normally ?
    Where were you camping to get that ?
  15. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Anywhere in ToV. Takes about 28-30 mobs.
  16. Angahran Augur

So you're chewing through 28-30 mobs every 30 minutes ?
    Got a pretty solid group going there.
  17. Sancus Augur

Please, can we not turn this into yet another ToV experience thread? :(
    Allayna, Winnowyl, RPoo and 2 others like this.
  18. Briano Journeyman

Any Chance Elemental Minion V got fixed too? It is also broken.
  19. Briano Journeyman

To answer my own question, I logged in to test and tried Sympathetic Minion V and it's still not working.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

It wasn't in the report I acted on, so I didn't even look at it.

Edit: Looks like it has the same issue.