Torment of Velious. Whats your favorite part ?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Whulfgar, Jan 14, 2020.

1. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Coming soon
  2. Goburs The Filthy Casualz Leader

I've enjoyed the laid back aspect of it, where casuals are able to get in with the hardcore raiders and really take to eachothers company. It's nice to see people in every zone, where as TBL alot of the less hardcore folks couldn't even progress through Smoke easily.

I admit I was skeptical of the 1 month off, and I was itching to raid after the initial break, but taking a small break and getting to grind some exp, hang with friends, and have some nights off that we normally wouldn't have was fun.

Overall, I give it a thumbs up. I really would have loved to see something with Dragons, muchlike Klandi, Zlandi, WW, ToVeeshan, etc etc...but I'm having fun regardless.

Thanks to Ngreth and the rest of the team.
  3. Tappin Augur

Updated models are nice, especially Avitar of War.
  4. bortage spammin lifetaps

I like burning through the velks mission and seeing if we can beat our previous record
    Duder likes this.
  5. Szilent Augur

I've seen a log of 38sec fight time -- what's your best?
  6. Naturalist Lorekeeper

My favorite part is that I didn't waste a dime on it for any accounts. Feels great!
  7. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Negative nancy! ToV is actually a really good expansion (imo).
  8. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

You've done yourself a disservice. Congrats!
  9. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I totally love pulling TOFS first floor.. Bank shots, skating, momentum, I grin the whole time (when I'm not chatting with my group)
    Hellowhatsyourname and Whulfgar like this.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Not gonna lie .. after they took away warrior's furious leap an put in the teleport version of it .. This has now become one of my most favorite thing's in the game to do ..

Just toss bard speed on .. an just go skating .. LMAO
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

My favorite has got to be the ToV art design. Hands-down, best ever. Great job.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  12. ArtremasEQ Augur

ToFS and Velks.

I enjoyed the crawl up ToFS tower on day 1, before it was all 'solved' online.

Velks for XPing. Always liked Velks.
    Though I do feel its been nerfed a bit far with lev working in there, no SI in the tunnel and the backdoor is open to basement.

Being raid geared it has been a bit easy to finish, I liked TBL being harder, but I think its great for the more casual player.

Looking forward to the raids, and Velious Part 2.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Elyee Lorekeeper

Female Coldains look amazing .. their eyes and overall form, really creepy and cool. I also really like the wolves, giants, and the creeping ice everywhere. I think this is one of the best higher end expansions as far as aesthetics go.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. bortage spammin lifetaps

I haven't had a group with that much dps yet, so far my best run is just under 2 minutes

edit: man I need to burn harder to get below 38 seconds, maybe if I give my skelly pet one of those haste masks and a fist of ixiblat that'll do the trick
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Yes, that "dps race" grp mission is prolly thee best mission in this expansion I know its at LEAST .. thee most fun !

Fastest our grp has ever beat it so far was 49 seconds .. with Warrior, cleric, berserker, shaman (alt 1, alt 2)

might just toss in two more dps mains .. an see if we can get under 40.
  16. Jimbob/Silvarfox Elder

I love the exp rate! The crying. The pain. The suffering. Of not being able to be 115 max aa 3 hours after launch. Endless hours of cry posts over it. This has been a highlight for me. This expansion is great though. Could have been better with a few more zones. But meh. It is what it is. Entire expansion is fun.