Mangler is Plagued

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Shamra, Jan 12, 2020.

1. tofu stir fry Augur

it isnt gonna go away. am i a fan of it ? not really. you pretty much have two options as DBG isnt gonna do anything about it. decide to ignore it and play the game; or stop playing. i chose option A and since ignoring it im still having a great time on mangler.
    jeskola likes this.
  2. Risiko Augur

*** edited... I just don't care enough anymore to comment ... feel free to delete this reply ***
    phaeril likes this.
  3. Darchon_Xegony Augur

They just have to accept that they don’t have the manpower to enforce their current rules and allow unattended gameplay.

It’s ridiculous that people who aren’t using 3rd party programs and are just using in-game mercenaries and advanced loot system to farm a handful of Grey cons for tradeskill components get banned because they’re not using a 3rd party program to auto reply.

But people who are fully automating multiple full groups, pulling very large sections of zones are able to bot with impunity due to their 3rd party program offering some autoreply to tells function.

If the only test of unattended gameplay the CSR is going to put forth is sending a tell and waiting for a response, just stop bothering.
    Mithra, Froger and jeskola like this.
  4. KegadinIsGod Journeyman

PvP will solve this problem
    Ginix likes this.
  5. Sikkun Augur

Servers with 0 players do see little botting.
    Skuz likes this.
  6. Thewiz Augur

EQ is dead.
  7. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

it's not.

I've seen a GM appear at an automate groups and ask for a specific emote indirectly.
    code-zero likes this.
  8. Darchon_Xegony Augur

Clearly that isn't happening enough since there are 4+ picks of automated groups farming platinum and have been for months.
  9. That0neguy Augur

And this is why we don't allow players to police the servers as some don't even understand how /target works.
    code-zero likes this.
  10. Ginix Augur

BIG TRUE
  11. jeskola pheerie

It seems like a lot of people found a 3rd option due to DBG's lack of action - "if you can't beat 'em, join 'em".
  12. Sikkun Augur

RMT must be profitable enough to the host company it isn’t worth attempting to shut down anymore. Between all the raiders using special maps, multi box tools, getting around truebox, involved in RMT, botting, etc....let’s just go all in. Next TLP, no truebox and 3rd party tools allowed (everyone knows the ones). Because apparently banning all their users and market participants wouldn’t leave the servers populated enough to have a game.
  13. Numiko Augur

I'm not sure which type of thread provides more comedy, the ones like this screaming Daybreak does nothing or the ones that scream I was banned unfairly! :rolleyes:
    That0neguy and code-zero like this.
  14. MAggius New Member

The ones that scream "i use Vmware for work " :)
    squidgod and That0neguy like this.
  15. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

I recommend transfer to live servers and your issues with TLP BOT armies will be gone.
  16. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Work VMs are the best EQ forum meme of 2019 dont @ me
    That0neguy likes this.
  17. Krezzy Augur

You could probably choke out an auto-clicker bot by dropping a lot of small pouches on the ground where it's collecting.
  18. phaeril Augur

Saves me tons of time, go go robot farmers! Pretending like there is some kind of clicking competition for leaves is silly, it's un-fun nonsense that the game is full of. DGC probably don't do anything about it because they know that it's stupid and hurts nobody.

If only they would take this philosophy to heart and just put dumb crap like tradeskill mats on mobs or vendors, people wouldn't be stressing over how they can turn their clicks-per-second up to Korean.
  19. Hythos Augur

I have a screenshot of a bot'er in SolB auto-replying to a camp-check accidentally with all 6 accounts.
    Wonderful photobucket just blurs it out like Japanese hentai :(
    Guess I could find another hosting service since it's no longer 2001(?)
  20. phaeril Augur

Good luck convincing anyone else in the TLP forums of that.
    Troutfest likes this.