TOV XP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nivek, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Laronk Augur

You get more exp per kill! I solo pretty good without a merc in TOV myself.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Too bad too sad?

This isn't a solo game. Its not a boxing game. Its a group game.

I'm antisocial and don't like depending on others, and I mostly solo or box. Do I come here whining every time I can't do something? No, because I'm putting that limitation on myself. Life isn't fair. If you can't, or won't, play the game as it was meant to be played, then be happy with the content you can do.
    Whulfgar and Thancra like this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

My understanding is that the ToV model for XP is a sizeable departure from prior expansions, I am not sure what the rationale is from the developers but it seems to be misaligned with player expectations, even those players who are arguing they like the new model better would need to acknowledge this expansion does depart from the norm significantly on kill xp so some of their more vociferous rhetoric should be scaled back in light of this.

The forums are for feedback, yes some like the change, it suits them, they think it's good for the game, plenty disagree with it and have reasonable grounds for them being unhappy with it as it changes the way they enjoy the game far too much.

By all means "encourage" players to do the progression by way of good xp & aa rewards on progression, but please don't "punish" anyone who doesn't by adversely negating kill xp (by way of requiring vastly more kills per level or any other means) to try and push them that way, it's not helping just causing resentment.

We should all have some freedom to experience the game the way that suits us without what amounts to railroading, it will lose the game players to continue doing that, the fredom to level in multiple ways is one of the things I like most about EQ, I like the new progression style that came in with seeds of Destruction onwards but I also like to grind xp at times too, I just don't enjoy it when that grind for experience is made a lot less rewarding than it was. Games that effectively make only one play-style rewarding for players don't engage as many players, and this game is small enough already, I would rather see an expansion of ways that players can have rewarding game-play experiences besides just Progression & straight up grind not a cutting back on the few we have.
  4. Cadira Augur

5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Just up the grind exp so that casuals camping the named for gear can get exp while they do it. You may forget some folks use all that gear they don't just bang them out for the hunters.
    Nennius likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

ToV T1 named are fairly common (and it feels like more so than TBL T1 named). It's not difficult to get gear except for maybe Type 5 augments.

The deterrence against botters definitely outweighs casuals camping gear.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  7. Nennius Curmudgeon

Now this is something I can completely support and agree with.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's posts like this that got the thread locked, try at least to be constructive instead of attacking people maybe & this discourse can continue productively.

You managed it, good for you, so what?

Do you think your experience of those things is equivalent to everyone else's?

I got news for you....
    Borm_of_fv likes this.
  9. Nivek Journeyman

Good grief, to make something clear, I should have edited the original post. I don't sit every night in the lobby looking for group. I spam lfg while in the lobby getting buffs and then usually move to a zone like FM and grind out AA or XP. The original complaint was about the amount of XP per kill and the lack of groups to complete the progression. In the past, grinding older content would have been just ok with most players, but once again the topic was about XP, for some reason some people want to come here and prove how manly or competent they are because they can solo or solo the entire expansion, I salute you for your accomplishments.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. enclee Augur

Well now you’ve learned 0.05% experience is actually too much and should be lower.
  11. Whulfgar Augur

Odd, that you pushing your own agenda to try to frame it as an attack .. when it is VERY clear a "couple" players here on the forums (vast vast vast minority of by the way..) actually try to use that very thing as some type of street cred .. or what have you here on the boards .

I merely pointed out that the VAST VAST VAST .. majority of people who currently play EQ have the exact same situation .. Jobs .. Kids .. all that jazz ..

Only some one with an agenda .. would try to frame .. (So what everyone else has jobs an kids too) as an attack..

tisk .. tisk .. tisk ..

More often then not yes .. Yes I do think MOST people had it exactly like I did balancing a Job and kids while also playing / raiding in Everquest at some point in the games 20+ years of life so far.

Perhaps you do not. Which would place you very specifically in the minority. Not me.. who as I've said balanced kids, a job an raiding / playing eq ..
  12. enclee Augur

One thing I've noticed is how much more efficient it is to raid than just casual grouping. Recently, I've got back into the raid scene after a pretty long absence, and my time is now much better used than before as a casual player. My time played hasn't changed, but the amount of content I accomplish has vastly increased.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Mediik Augur

I noticed something else while I was XP-in in GD.

My evolving gear was getting much better XP than me.. LOL
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Whulfgar Augur

This can not be over looked or understated .. and I would never argue against it. But Raid geared players will always be ahead of grp geared players (normally tho exceptions do occur ) when it comes to play in grp content.
  15. Whulfgar Augur

Faster you can kill .. faster xp gains are no matter how bad per kill xp is this formula holds true.

=)
  16. Tappin Augur

You can't make content designed for groupers impossible, because a raider might steam roll it. The formula doesn't hold true - you end up running out of mobs.
  17. Whulfgar Augur

So you telling me that grp geared players (mains only) can some how kill (same current content) faster .. then Raid geared (mains only) ?

Very interesting.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I think he intended to mean that just because raid geared players do in fact kill a lot faster (steam roll) than casual group geared ones that by itself is not be a good reason to make mob's kill xp much worse, he just worded it oddly.
  19. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I didn't have to "frame it" as an attack, it was one, pretty much in the "get gud" / "get friends" vein, and as the poster later explained, he was Looking for Groups, he wasn't getting them.

I also had job, kids & played EQ & raided with what was a top end guild at the time & did so for many years, do I automatically assume that just because I could that everyone else should be able to & therefore their argument is null & invalid? No, because that's presumptuous & highly subjective.
  20. Bigstomp Augur

I play with a lot of raid geared players. I also play with a lot of old raid geared players and group geared players.

Skill > gear (with some minimums of this tall to ride the ride type gear checks).