TOV XP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nivek, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Zantor Augur

Should be either or. Grind out xp or do the missions / tasks. In a decent family style guild or raiding guild, unless they don't want to group with you, should find some groups. Unless you like to solo a lot. A am hoping for a GMM style mission, once you do all the missions and tasks. XP is lousy.
  2. Shoryuureppa Journeyman

this is very true and very discouraging, I was kicking myself in the behind for passing up on that lifetime, but now I am kind of glad I didn't get it, a lifetime of waiting for my luck for someone to let me in a group so I could progress, I absolutely refuse to become a boxer myself but they way things are, either you are in with it or get left behind.

I wish there was a way DBG could just update the LFG in this game, hell even a dungeon/mission finder style would probably help a bunch, but still probably wont matter since box game is end all
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I see guild groups pulling randoms from general chat and LFG to fill slots when they can't fill up groups. First time I've seen that in years.
    Allayna likes this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is what I am talking about. Are there box and bot groups out there? Sure there are. But there are also established guilds and veteran players helping players out more often than I have seen in a LONG time.

Some can't see the forest for the trees I guess.
  5. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

*shrugs* I am not seeing what you are seeing. Seems to pretty much be like any other new expansion. And even if what you said is true what happens in two months when many are tired of doing progression and all the raiders have long since got all their alts through it? Going to be a very unfriendly expansion for those just then trying to level and progress.

And it goes back to getting groups. People will get some but expecting them all to get ALL the achievements done to get to 115 may be a bit much especially for those who only have a couple hours a day to play. They don't magically log in and have a group. They may or not get one with enough time to actually do some missions.

In the past these folks could always just grind out level exp and pop lessons. Now they can still do it but it is going to take a long time.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Ummm that isnt going on more this expansion then in the past really. On Xegony at least they spend more time talking about lotion then anyone does offering up groups. And again once usual new expansion flurry dies down it is going to be very hard for folks to get their progression done just like it is every expansion.
  7. Bahdah Augur

You don't see me looking for outsiders now and then?
    yepmetoo likes this.
  8. Riou EQResource

With the EXP Loss, raiders in general will have to play more then ever before to keep level 115

Then depending on how much they boost currency for the missions, right now it takes like 1.5 months of everyday farming missions to get a single toon their type 5s

The evolving TS Ear quest line will also extend grinding quite a bit
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Whulfgar Augur

All of which to me are a good thing. More people playing as much as they can .. Always better !
  10. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I really don't know what the big deal about XP is. As of today, I'm 35% into 115. When I get to 50% I will max out my AA's quickly. Most of my XP comes from moloing, so it can be done.
  11. Mediik Augur

I was in a group at 111 in GD. We were camping a named and killing trash. I was getting 0.05 percent per kill. Wow.. After about 45 mins of watching it and making sure I wasn't crazy! I gained 0.5 percent in that time. Died once to a named we were camping.

Guild talked me into doing one mission. So in this mission, I received %40 of a level in about 15mins. No xp modifiers in either case.

I have never seen anything in EQ this far out of whack EVER. This npc xp is the most broken thing I have ever seen. It's verydiscouraging. Please up the per mob xp accordingly.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  12. Nivek Journeyman

That's is not the out of wack, for to long these expansions have been designed for raid geared players. I had to fire up my second account and went in to ew with a 110 SK and a 110 Ranger both fully augged and with full sets of Snowbound armor. I pulled the last mob for the way back home quest and my tank got pwned, granted we got the mob down to 28%. I'm sure Raid Gear Roy will come in here and say learn to play your class, but to be honest, A mob should not be hitting a tank that hard in a full set of T1 gear from TOV. The majority of the people I see killing mobs, named etc are using a mage pet, so maybe this expecting is for mages.
  13. Mediik Augur

I’m not sure this has anything to do with what I posted. At any rate I am a raid geared cleric. I got attacked, before I could even find my repel the wicked button I was dead. just dies too fast in this game. I’ll admit, I’m old and I enjoy playing while drinking. Throw us a bone. Thnx.
  14. JeffHanson Augur

Yep. People that have the connections to do the group missions can get to level 115 very quickly. For everybody else, there is no sensible path to level up -- may as well find a new hobby.

In other words, the devs put WAY too much experience in the four group missions, and made the levels so long that these missions are essentially required.
    Fcseven XIII and Mediik like this.
  15. Mediik Augur

I wish currency was scaled like xp. I’d love to do a couple missions and get all on my currency. I haven’t looked into it but hopefully the currency will be able to come in a way where I don’t have to play 1 mission 300 times.. I am not optimistic.
  16. Derka Power Ranger

It was changed on test as someone posted in the type 5 thread. Currency gains have been increased to 3x from the ToV missions
  17. Bhalz New Member

This has the putrid stench of Holly "casuals dont deserve raid loot" windblower all over it, sure leave it like it is but make people in raid gear get hit twice as hard in group content than everyone can feel our joy. I nean you wanted groupers to get rounded well just have all the mobs dt as you zone in and even that not might punish those deplorable (people with jobs besides pling in eq) casuals can get what they got coming lol.
  18. German Augur

The exp isn’t nearly as bad as people’s are making it out to be. I find it hard to believe that it took a group 45 minutes to get .5% exp unless they were only killing Margador during that time.

Level 109 pre GMM was pretty rough if you were a casual moloing through it without the sweet spots, but even then it wasn’t the end of the world and took a good 12 hours total playing time to get through it in a two human with mercs group.

I was able to get 5% of level 114 to ding 115 in less than an hour in Mearatas, with one lesson, two humans two boxing, and even died a few times due to over pulling with discs down.

It’s not as good as people are used to, but it isn’t as bad as people are making it out to be. GMM and these missions have skewed perception mainly.

I agree it should be increased but lets be honest with our reports of how bad it really is.
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  19. German Augur

I’ve done all the missions with a random all group geared SK while I was healing and while it was a little dicey and we wiped a few times trying for all three achievements in the AoW mission, we certainly were able to do all four and get all achievements.

I even ran through the missions on nothing but group geared alts while I was playing my wife’s abandoned cleric with no type 3s, half the type 7s empty in cohorts gear with around 140k hitpoints and mana on that cleric, we still made it through all four missions fine. And yeah, when Grilkor was hit off his mount the cleric went down about 60% in health, most of the group near that much but nobody died. (Cleric still had DoN augs - so yeah it was very neglecteg)

So, if alts and badly neglected characters can do the missions the hard way than mains that are in full group gear that press their buttons should be able to do it as well.

This expansion is far easier than TBL was, and TBL named can still wreck your day easier than ToV mobs, named and missions.
  20. Ngreth Thergn Developer

There is too much player attacking going on. I'm locking this in the Short-term. Dreamweaver may change this to a warning and unlock it when her gets in. He's the boss of the forums!