Opinions requested: FV versus PST Raid Server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by nebu, Jan 11, 2020.

1. nebu New Member

Hi all,

I'm thinking of returning back to EQ with a 3 box, and I'm mulling over the following thoughts. I'm debating on whether to go to a server, FV, which has relaxed drop rules vs going to a late night PST server (Tunare/E. Marr) and trying to join a raid guild.

The challenge is that with my daily schedule I do have some difficulty committing to structured raid schedules and that I would need to raid at 10 pm PST onward (kids/wife asleep at this point). I think there are only two guilds left on live that raid even nearly that late, but I do believe they start a bit earlier (~9 PM pst, correct me if I'm wrong on this).

So my thoughts are: do I head to FV and just farm plat and buy raid gear at the end game, or do I try to find a late night server that might work? I think that regardless of the server, I want to enjoy the time leveling up, including doing Hero's journey and so on. But for end game, it somewhat puts a dampener on things knowing that I might not get to raid due to my schedule constraints.

Thanks for the opinions,
    Neb
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Try a normal live server first, then if that doesn't work out for you you can head to FV.

You cannot transfer off of FV so once there you cannot change your mind. Hence I suggest doing your other option first, then you can still change your mind later.

Good luck and have fun :)
  3. Schadenfreude Augur

I could never play on a restricted loot server again and all my alts on various other servers including the ghost town that is Brekt are completely abandoned. The main issues with FV are that it's incredibly busy at peak times and bots are absolutely everywhere, we even managed to completely break the chat server by attempting to spawn general3 when general, general1 and general2 were all full. For whatever reason general3 was password protected so everything fell over and no one could join any of the general channels for a little while.

Levelling up and playing alts in general is a pleasure on FV as no gear ever goes to waste. If you don't enjoy playing the bazaar it might take you a little longer but even a single Krono would generate 3m which is more than enough to get you to 100+.
  4. Kamor Lorekeeper

There is a FV guild that raids at 11 pm est on Saturdays. It's smaller but they have downed all but T3 in TBL.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  5. nebu New Member

Thank you all for the replies, I'm going to head to FV as I think the benefits are much higher.

Cheers!
    Neb
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Whulfgar Augur

Whos that ?
  7. Kuvian Lorekeeper

What PST guilds are there? I know of one with an odd name but they start at 9 pm and run until 1 am which is completely impractical. There was Descendents on Bert but they are long gone.
  8. nebu New Member

PST guilds include after hours on Tunare and Ne Cede Malice on E Marr.
  9. Snack Augur

AH is starting at 8pm these days