Favorite bugs over the years

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rasper Helpdesk, Jan 12, 2020.

1. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

After reading about the recent bug where a mob was equipping a damage aug to get lightning fast attacks, I started thinking back to some of the other bugs and unintended effects over the years.

When LDoN first came out if you put an aug with Haste into an item with Haste, it added. I'm not sure if it was just a display bug or not, but seeing an item with over 70% worn haste on it was something.

With the addition of certain focus effects and aa in PoP, a Mage could get the casting cost of summoning a pet way down. So low that clicking Reclaim Energy on the old Sol Ro items would yield more mana than it cost to create the pet. Combining that with Spell Haste and the pet summons no longer consuming malachite, Mages could "Pet Canni" pet pulls and regen mana very quickly if mounted (this was before OoC regen).

What about you guys, what bugs or quirks do you remember fondly from years gone by? Shakerpaging? Green Pet Pull?
  2. Mr. Froo Developer

I have two favorite bugs:

1. Where the shrink/grow messed with your height. So you could cast shrink->shrink->shrink->grow and then turn into a gigantic model.

2. The one where certain armor pieces made all Frogloks render without their legs for a month. Ghost Frogs!
  3. Kiras Augur

Slime coated harpoon proccing dragon breath on its wielder.
    Tiffany likes this.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

My favorites over the years:

1. When Shaman Pact of the Wolf was first added you could click an illusion then Pact or vice versa and get some awesome random illusions.

2. Probably not so much a bug but an oversight, Preincarnation AA and Trib version stacking to 100% chance at Second Life procs.

3. Since Mr. Froo reminded me of it, the giant familiar bug that turned my Dragon familiar into a full size Dragon.
    Axxius likes this.
  5. Nilwean Elder

When putting a see invis aug in a see invis item let you see SOS
    Jennre, Beimeith, Sheex and 4 others like this.
  6. Rorce Augur

That quest in TBS that could be chained, where you just run to a certain spot and click a slop bucket or something. IIRC it was no lockout and gave exp.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

2 TL boxes made you LD. Only way to get a spot in the baazar back in the Luclin days.
    Axxius likes this.
  8. Tanise Elder

Raid tool bug that crashed the zone. Made farming fabled pop very profitable.
  9. smash Augur

Not ghost frogs, but frogs who been visited by people from a certain European nation.
    Mintalie likes this.
  10. Nniki Augur

When activating a target ability changed the target of a bard's song mid-cast:

A bard could start casting a detrimental song such as Harmony of Sound on themselves or something nearby, toggle to the desired target, click boastful bellow (even if you couldn't see it), and the detrimental song would land on the target. It allowed for pulling through walls / floors as long as the target was within range of the song.

Although, it was annoying at the same time, as proc effects would trigger the swap as well. You'd start casting mez on an add, swap to melee the target the group was killing, there would be a proc, and your mez would land on the target you were trying to kill instead of the one you wanted to mez heh.
    Ferriciean likes this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

This was nice, though it was only really useful in the expansion at that time in which they were actually making a significant number of mobs that used SoS.
  12. Kuvian Lorekeeper

Very early on you could voice graft onto NPCs. And if you are old enough to remember your newb days, you ran to a guard by Qeynos, FP, Kelethin, whatever when you got in trouble. Well I know someone who grafted voice onto a FP guard, saying something to the effect of "If another newb comes running to me with mobs on his tail I'm gonna let him die" and gave some players heart attacks.

Around SoV, after a patch bow delays were set to zero. Several rangers were walking around with a mage to conjure arrows, since this was pre-AA days, machine gunning everything in sight. On friend literally emptied Western Wastes, including all of the dragons. Think about this. A solo ranger during the SoV era soloing everything.There was an emergency patch within a day.

TSS era. A range item, an idol, had Sharpshooting for a focus effect. A non-bow with sharpshooting. This drew tons of ridicule from rangers and was quickly fixed.
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

Snakes kicking and a very early bug where standing in a fire while doing an exchange with another character could cause a duplicate item to be created.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Miss_Jackie Custom Title

My favorite was using illusions to get passed locked doors. I miss that one a lot because I used to farm stuff during Fableds that were locked behind closed doors (fabled jboots, etc). Since my server is FV, I used to sell my loots.
    Axxius and Rasper Helpdesk like this.
  15. Rila Journeyman

I miss when bards could click boastful bellow on mobs anywhere in the zone. Was fun aggroing Grummus from outside the castle in PoD or tagging Trakanon from the zone in in Sebilis. Which brings me to another fun bug from the time when you could stand in front of a wall and click eye of zomm and then have the eye port to random places in the zone.
  16. Drogba Augur

Chromatic haze re-use timer reset bug during TDS for DPS

CotF evolving cloak which had a curse that locked your hp to 25% when you equipped it. It seemed like only seriously hard-hitting spells could actually kill you through it. You could re-equip it to re-apply the 25% hp lock. So it was an invulnerability-style bug. (could tank 200 current-era mobs without heals or anything, potentially crashing zones)

Both bugs existed in the same era, so you could really murder EQ.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  17. Sirene_Fippy Okayest Bard

My favorite was an exploit that let you instantly refresh AA. I think this was during OoW (or lvl 70 era). I don't remember exactly how it worked but it had to do with /stopcast and MGB. I had a hotkey with stopcast, MGB, and the target AA in it and all of them would refresh. What ended up happening (as a cleric) was you could swarm pet stuff down, the cleric AA hammer was decent DPS if you had 40+ of them. We killed a goat with these, and I had an amazing exp group in RSS due to these hammer pets. During raids, everyone got divine rez. It was a lot of fun.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Nniki like this.
  18. Aelivaa New Member

I remeber once for a very brief time (just 1 or 2 hours) after a patch the Recast for "Lay of Hands" and mroe importantly "harm touch" was zero, so SK could use HT as main attack. Was hotfixed very quickly, but fun none the less :D

Must have been somewhere between GoD and oow, but could be wrong since I spent more time on a TLP then on a live server...
  19. Lianeb Augur

You mean the group gear evolving cloak (back item) that evolved into the raid chase shoulders (shoulder item)
  20. Drogba Augur

Not the bloodstained shoulders, it was shroud of the forgotten.