ToV Type 5 Aug Cost

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Rylak, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Maedhros High King

My math is coming up with different, but still ugly numbers.
    19 augs needed at 500 a pop is 9500 coins. You're still going to use Forgotten gemstone/ Nathsar Diamond. The one stat you want for the TS and dropped Aug from TOV at minimum. Some classes might decide they could use a few more different stats this year I bet.
    23 coins per mission, so that's 413 successful missions to buy at most 19 augs with coins.

Still awful.
    Redemption likes this.
  2. Thoxsel Djess' Pet Warrior

This is way too excessive. I can understand the thought behind it but no one wants to do the same 4 missions for this long of a time over and over again. Give us more options to acquire more coins (such as Merc tasks or named drops) or reduce the aug prices significantly.
  3. Ashigaru Augur

As there are less missions this expansion, maybe add currency to the partisan / mercenary quests? (as well as reconsidering the reward from mission). That could give us the same number of ways of earning coin as TBL
    Skuz and Vumad like this.
  4. Qbert Gallifreyan

Perhaps some will be given for each quest in the tradeskill chain, a la RoS with Crestra's earring quests? It might not be a huge amount, but something to consider.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. svann Augur

TBH it seemed like we finished TBL bought augs way too soon, so some excessive change was expected.
  6. Szilent Augur

We really didn't, though. Get them "way too soon". There was just heavy overlap with a different, highly incentivised farming activity (getting chase drops from Fight Fire). I thought it was pretty good & totally appropriate that there was at least a bit of side benefit to fishing for those.
    Sheex and Sancus like this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

I'd be kind of curious to see the parses of how much damage you get from the extra 100-150 hdex you'd get from madly farming these instances in ToV after having a full kit of TBL type 5 augs. HDex has been increased so much in the last few years and I haven't seen a parse recently.

What's funny is when I was looking for a recent parse I found this post from EoK saying the whole "replace most type 5s every expansion with cookie cutter merchant gear" was kind of lame.
  8. Triconix Augur

Originally the augs were only meant for 4 slots, correct? After people whined persuasively suggested otherwise on the forums that got changed back to all slots. I believe the cost of the augs vs mission rewards was overlooked after this changed so a simple recalculation should have it fixed.

However, this is goes back to the general population of the game. Thanks for complaining. You're the ones who caused this crazy excessive amount of missions to be required to complete an aug set. Look no further than yourselves before complaining about the current costs of augs.

Instead of having some potential for personal itemization and having some previous expansion items actually viable, we now have to mindlessly grind these simple missions 100000 times to get an aug set. I hope you like what you asked for.
    Vumad likes this.
  9. Cloud the Third Augur

Problem is these missions drop tons of gear but almost everything they drop is crap for a raider. There are a few augs that could be useful but the gear itself isn't as good as TBL raid. The missions also give no exp (well maybe they fixed it I did one before the patch a 2nd time and got like 1-2% exp) so there is no reason to do them other than grind stuff for augs right now.
  10. Absolutt Journeyman

Dont forget my magelo epeen!
  11. Beonono Journeyman

"I'll reconsider it, but it may not make the January patch."

Bumping this in the hope that something simple like this could be done for the January patch.
  12. Riou EQResource

This has been changed on Test, each mission rewards an additional ~3x value

EW 15 -> 45
    Kael 23 -> 68
    velk 23 -> 68
    gd 30 -> 90

So 1 month of daily missions, instead of 3
    Daedly, Axxius, Conq and 1 other person like this.
  13. Kontra Augur

Based off those test #s, 271currency awarded running the 4 misisons. So run the missions twice a day and get yourself an aug a day with some leftover towards the next one....considering I already have some augs done, looks like I'll be totally done in about two weeks! (assuming the change makes it in in time for the wed patch)
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Thank you, Ngreth!
    Hellowhatsyourname and Szilent like this.
  15. Ashian Augur

Agree, thank you so much for this!
  16. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

This is huge, thank you @Ngreth
  17. Rylak Elder

Ngreth,

Thank you very much for the change. This is much appreciated, and honestly, the amount of the change is more than I expected.

I hope you and the rest of the Dev team had a great holiday. I think a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised by what you guys got accomplished in terms of game updates and fixes on basically 1 week of work due to Christmas & New Year holidays.
    Jhenna_BB likes this.
  18. Sabrefist- Journeyman

Did this make it into the patch today?
  19. CrazyLarth Augur

I got Kael 68 last night
    Yinla likes this.
  20. DanteMc New Member

Thanks for the change! Not everyone has an opportunity to play every day. Some of us have girlfriends that actually like to hang out with us. :)
    Whulfgar likes this.