TOV XP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nivek, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Allayna Augur

You all do know there’s at least another ~ 70% tied to collection set completions right? 2% regular experience to go from 115 to 116. You can damn near buy level 115 from the 4 group missions and the entire collection set, if you wanted to...

Tappin, you’ll never be known as anything other than “that guy” that cried about how much experience GMM awarded.
    Suffer, Funky and Sokki like this.
  2. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Luckily you're not my boss :)
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I didn't know about the exp for collection set completions. Thank you for that info! Going to be harder getting it with multiple toons but still something to shoot for while doing other things in the game.
  4. Whulfgar Augur

If you are known on your server as a problem child .. and this is the reason no body will grp with you..

Thats not a DBG issue.. thats a YOU .. issue..
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

I've been in a raiding guild for 3-4 months now, and was accepted as a full member back in November. The other day I finished ToFS merc quests during prime evening hours when a bunch of people were online, with the associated guild spam.

Not a single person said congratulations.

I've seen lots of it in guild chat, so I know it happens, but I use that as an example of the fact that I'm probably seen as a good raider and I occasionally get groups, but even in a top 10 raiding guild people can get pushed to the side in favor of bot groups or cliques. It happens.
  6. Tappin Augur

Collections are not my cup of tea. And stop the GMM nonsense. There have been two nerfs (indirect and direct) tied to GMM since the one in late setember. Tanks tanking 24+ blue to yellow cons is not normal.

All I wanted was the exp tied to mob kills, not a hail at the end. Now, I got a whole expansion of this cr p.

They are going to lose a lot people of trying to force progression. Good luck to them.
  7. Allayna Augur

Progression isn’t your cup of tea, collections aren’t your cup of tea, questing isn’t your cup of tea....

For you it’s grind only, which is puzzling since you were the prime reason for the per kill nerf to GMM mobs, not the completion exp, the PER kill exp...

Good luck to you as well....in WoW.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Tappin Augur

GMM was going to be nerfed whether or not I made that post. I justed to wanted to prevent another gribbles is all. My post had nothing to do experience rate.

You are the only who play's WoW here, I certainly don't. And you can have your garbage collection quest, they are more your cup of tea.

I will do the missions, but that pretty much all I will do.

Trying to force people to things they don't want to do never ends well.
  9. Allayna Augur

Interesting.
    Drpeppa likes this.
  10. Tappin Augur

Again, taking something I said out of context. My original post was motivated by preventing another Gribbles. However if it was a choice between the two, the experience, would be the better option. I have no control on what decisions DBG makes to regarding content fixes.

This thread has nothing do with GMM, it has to do with the experience in ToV. Now, would you mind staying on point?

Now, I have a question for you... what portion of the players asked for the experience to be so lopsided towards progression tasks, rather than per mob kill?
  11. Allayna Augur

At least 1. See above.
  12. enclee Augur

13. Tappin Augur

There is a difference between moving experience from the mob to a completition of task. The previous statement is exactly what I do not want. The experience in ToV is not nerfed experience - it's transfer from mob kills to completetion of a task. It's gribbles on a larger scale.

Overall it's just bad content design. Instead of trying to force people do progression, why don't they instead design content people want to comsume?

And who asking for this anyways? I don't know a single person.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I love seeing Tappin tortured by Torment of Velious design. It's karma.
    Genoane and Allayna like this.
  15. Tappin Augur

I am not tortured by the design at all. However it's overall bad content design.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Says you. And you're the fringe minority. This is brilliant design.
  17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Its a nice change and would be brilliant if they upped the grind exp. Then everyone would be happy. :) Well it is forumquest so someone will still complain it ruined their lands but almost everyone would be happy.
  18. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Play the tape to the end. Look around you. I am seeing people on my server cooperating, communicating, grouping, and helping one another like I have not seen in over a decade.

Whatever reservations you might have regarding the design, whatever concessions were made to implement it - it is worth it to see player interaction again.
  19. Tappin Augur

All I see is box groups steam rolling the content by themselves. I see a bunch of lfg people in general chat.
    Bobokin likes this.
  20. Bobokin Augur

Box groups, Bots, and Raid guilds.

Same as TBL.

That is pretty much the end game for Everquest.