Confirmed Velium pelts are not dropping from intended "critters"

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ROFL@mycorpse, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Duder Augur

I am in favor of it remaining the way it currently is. If you want pelts they are obtainable as easy as any of the other materials.
  2. Duder Augur

Hunting for specific tradeskill materials is no different than camping specific named for a specific drop. The pelts are not a global drop and are dropping at a plentiful rate as is. If you do any sort of tuning, please make it reasonable, do not trivialize yet another thing in this expansion.
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

What is wolf ver 3?

Does the dropping of pelts depend on the wolves not being flagged as birds? Couple of guild mates gave got the banestrike for birds while killing wolves. So there are some wrongly flagged.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Duder like this.
  4. Marton Augur

58 wolves killed, 1 pelt. I don't consider that plentiful.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  5. Yamakasi Apprentice

63 wurms killed in GD not a single drop
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Daedly and Duder like this.
  6. svann Augur

Starting to think that on some specific mobs its dropping too often and others it is dropping too rarely. Suggestion is that if it is dropping too rarely then search out a different type to try.
  7. LesserArchi Elder

I have also killed good amount of Wurms in the GD while camping the named Blizzent (sp). Thought it was odd that the wurms did not drop any pelts.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Duder Augur

I also tried wurms in GD and never saw a single pelt from them.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Some wolves are flagged as birds, so I suspect some of those are bugged.
  10. Barbwarrior Augur

never seen a wurm drop a pelt in gd? and killed lots
  11. Barbwarrior Augur

and why are kobolds in velks and kodiaks in gd flagged as humanoid ? they drop ores should be pelts no?
    Yinla and Duder like this.
  12. Barbwarrior Augur

only decent place to get pelts was around windchill wolf named in ew lots of wolfs and mammoths there
  13. Koldanar Elder

Thanks for looking into it and keeping us updated. Like a few others have posted, I spent several hours killing wurms and not a single pelt dropped. Of course it could be the RNG but given your comment around drop rate it seems very odd.
  14. Daedly Augur

Wiped out the whole wurm cave in GD, no pelt, so I moved on. Maybe that isn't enough mobs, but I suspect they simply do not drop them for whatever reason.
  15. Kuaamil Elder

I've seen plenty of pelts while specifically hunting for them. That being said, the rates from T1 mobs seemed pretty atrocious. T2 wolves seem to be on par with T1 mobs. Maybe my data set is an outlier, but those mobs *feel* like they are dropping less than the mobs I typically camp for pelts.
  16. Duder Augur

From mobs that drop them they are no more rare than ore/wood. Hunting all day at the kobold camp I have gotten 16 ore. It does not seem that there is any disparity between *drop rates* from the mobs they drop from. But, I agree that not all mobs that should be dropping them are dropping any at all. Specifically wurms and possibly certain mobs that should be flagged as animals IMO.
  17. Duder Augur

48 tizmak, not a single diamond, ore, or wood. Cant get much more humanoid than a minotaur can you?
    bortage likes this.
  18. Duder Augur

40 Kodiak in GD, no pelts, diamonds, logs, or ore. But good news.... they did drop tufts of grizzly fur.
    bortage likes this.
  19. Nylrem Augur

Recent wolf killing spree in Kael yesterday...

50 a domesticated dire wolf = 3 pelts (6%)
    88 a Drakkel dire wolf = 9 pelts (10%)

RNG have to be taken into acct, but ya, if 9 to 10% is the number they're shooting for, I'd guess it's about there. Don't have parse info for EW wolved/mammoths, but I imagine it's probably about that as well.

I imagine wurms and bears should be dropping pelts, and not nothing like they currently are. That would probably help a good bit.
    bortage, Marton and Duder like this.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

I honestly think that what needs to happen is for things to go back to the old global rules. Ore drops from elemental type mobs, silk drops from Spider and insect type mobs, pelts drop from animal type mobs, and all of them equally drop from Human type mobs. Then you balance the type specific mobs against each other, and don't have the silk recipes require 8-10 pieces when the other two don't. Then at least all the drops will be equally available, and one of them won't be under supported.
    There are people with 200+ kills and 0 pelts. Also, if you're wanting to take the RNG into account, then you're going to need more like 1000+ kills to see anything informative.