Hero missions (ToV) and cut down time.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Hexdoctor, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

No, the ban wave was because people could drop the task, open the chest, loot the stuff, and not get any lockout whatsoever.

The OP just articulated a way to do the mission while adhering to the lockout policies. The fact that he has multiple toons to do it with is sort of irrelevant. The fact that you need 3000 missions to get your augs is bs to start with.
  2. Bahdah Augur

You're avoiding lockouts... Same damn thing.
    Duder likes this.
  3. Petalonyx Augur

The missions should be 3h lockout.

It takes a minimum of about 2h to run all 4. Add in a break, and maybe a mistake, and you are probably at 3h anyway.

That would make the effort to game the lockouts hardly worthwhile. Even at 6h, the effort to game the lockouts is stupid. There are other profitable activities to mix in with mission grinds that arent questionable. There are also real life thing that surely need to get done as well. I think most are feeling some pity for the OP and the extraordinary effort they've put in for such marginal gain, and perhaps an increased liklihood of account acton.
  4. Funky Augur

yeah, cactiki mission in OT during RoS
  5. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

No, SOMEONE is getting a lockout. It might just not be the toon doing the mission.
  6. Bahdah Augur

You're most likely doing it for a main toon which is getting the currency + a cheese lockout... Yes its the same thing
    Duder likes this.
  7. Ashian Augur

I asked for shorter lockouts on the beta forums after finding out about the painfully small amount of currency awarded per mission. The devs never responded to the post (nearly every post on that forum had a dev response).
  8. Riou EQResource

Lockouts aren't being avoided though

Ngreth did acknowledge that and said he would think about changing it
  9. Kuaamil Elder

Yeah, that's not the incident I was referring to. I'm well aware of that one, though.
  10. Bahdah Augur

Its the same situation, theres no justifying it, we've heard it and seen it before.. regardless of what you dont see
  11. dreamweaver Community Manager

Here is how to report something you believe might be an exploit.

Link to below post

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/how-to-report-exploits.260060/

When a bug is an exploit, it should not be reported publicly. This spreads the information and encourages more exploiting. (Sharing exploits is a forum violation.)

How To Report Exploits

Instead, REPORT THIS POST and describe the exploit and steps to reproduce the issue in the report-reason text box, as you would for any other bug.

To report this post, find the report button just below this text box. Thank you!

Or, CLICK HERE to report this post with your exploit.
    Zunnoab and Duder like this.
  12. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Yep.

For doing a mission, then dropping at the end before opening chest, adding other alts/people, then running the mission again. To farm VP keys.

They started doing things like anyone that was ever in an expedition or task got the lockout, even if no reward since no longer in task, but not sure that is working in TOV.
  13. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

I believe the ban was because they were abusing a bug where they could still loot the chest after dropping the task.
    and bigger bans went out from using the raid starter in the group mission and getting raid loots.

but yeah, those have been fixed. and lockouts still happen if you were ever in the task.
  14. Vumad Cape Wearer

If a mission has a 6-hour lockout, ask yourself how many times you can complete it in 12 hours. If the answer is greater than 2, then you are probably exploiting the system.

So, if you get a task at lunch time and complete it at dinner time, then get another task before bed, you have completed the task more than once in a 6 hour period, but no more than twice in a 12-hour period. Probably good.

But, if you go through a multi-step process so that you can complete the task 8 times in the 12-hour period, you know you are doing something wrong.
    Allayna likes this.
  15. ginee New Member

The toon getting the task is getting the lockout and carrying the task timer the whole time. Sure it is for another character, but even if the task is transferred, the carrying toon can't get another task if the original task is still active and that toon gets the lockout too if the task is completed. They have had 2 years to fix this if they want and I would think it would be simple (task ends if no one zones in for an hour, or and hour without a second person in task or something like that), but that hasn't happened yet. Used to be that there was a requirement to have 3 in group to get task but they went away from that too.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

I tend to agree with Vumad, but I also agree that the currency reward for missions is about 1/100 what it should be.

Why aren't the mission currency rewards ramped up like raid coin?
  17. Wyndar Journeyman

WTS Amulet of Necropotence
    Fenthen likes this.
  18. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

While I know this is a necroed thread I think you bring up a really great point here, and this would benefit live and TLP servers if implimented in the same way raid currencies are.

After all, the bulk of the grouping happens at the early part of the year post-new expansion launch (or post unlock on TLP) and then rapidly reduces in the lead up to the next expansion (or unlock).

Having the currency raise over the year for live, or as expnsions unlock on TLP would allow for players to continue improving their characters even as the opportunities for groups reduce.

That said I think there is too much grind involved in farming group missions for augment currency for type 5's, it's maybe fine if you have a solid and dependable clique, for everyone else it's a real chore.
    I_Love_My_Bandwidth and Jumbur like this.
  19. Zunnoab Augur

On that chatter about Cactiikii-gate, it was two different exploits. One was dropping the task to avoid the lockout and looting anyway. I told people not to do that. They were punished (and people who were unwittingly dragged along once or twice were not among the suspended as far as I could tell).

The other was people would use the group Cactiikii spawn clicky in the raid and get raid loot from the group boss, or something like that.

Both are obvious exploits. I'm not sure just how much time the original poster is saving here with this shenanigans. That the game allows it is irrelevant if it's not intended though.

Back in Crystallos there was an event that would repop after being defeated. Defeating it again would extend the locking, meaning it was more a perfect efficiency exploit than one that resulted in more loot. Word went around that the developers knew but didn't do anything about it because the lockout timer got cumulatively extended all the same. That word was wrong, and people got a slap on the wrist for it (presumably due to the nature of the lockout extending they didn't remove any items or anything that time).

If it sounds fishy, do not rely on other players saying it's okay.