Cross-server recruitment general spam

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There is a certain guild from Xegony spamming across all EQ servers for recruits. Is this spam, harassment, or permitted conduct?

Sadly, this guild does not pay for transfers. :(
  2. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Its almost like people selling Powerlevels for krono... spam is spam... their are guilds that do this on all servers... dont like it, ignore them... its a game
    Andarriel likes this.
  3. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Yeah, I have no problem adding spammers to ignore. I see more xserver spam looking to buy/sell the chase loot than anything really, some of those guys can get annoying quick.
    Nennius likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Personally, I'd prefer if cross server communication was limited to tells and couldn't go into general chat channels. I always mark all that crap as spam on all 3 toons I'm running whenever I see it.
    lockjaws, Benito, Vumad and 1 other person like this.
  5. Repthor Augur

wait theres other guilds on other servers . not in my game !
    Benito likes this.
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

There are guilds from every server who do this. Mark the people who do this as spam and move on. If anything I would say ask that they add a way for people to give a reason why it is spam, such as cross server recruiting or cross server item sales (which makes far less sense to me).

This is a horribly bad solution. The vast majority of people who join any chat channel from other servers do so typically because they did or still do play on the different server in question. Many people play on TLP servers as well as Live servers, the number of people who do this cross server advertising is minuscule compared to those who use it as intended. It would be overkill to prevent people from cross-server joining channels (even if it was just the General channels).
    Skuz and Benito like this.
  7. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The individual from Xegony is spamming amongst all servers again. Anyone know how to get it where the individual's message are eventually hid as spam (hate having to ignore on all accounts/alts for 1 person)? Does 'Mark as Spam' even work?

Edit: On a side note, everytime I log in on some characters, my ignore list pops up in yellow text. Who wants to see people you ignored? Is there a fix?
    lockjaws and Nennius like this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well if your a free account you can't get into General Chat so you won't see that spam. Guess they don't recruit in NewPlayersChat :D

Mark as spam reports them - it does not stop them from sending more out to you like real email. Sometimes it works, sometimes the automated spam machine will go wild and start marking accounts as "spam" and block all the innocents from chatting.
    Benito likes this.
  9. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Interesting thing is, I set most of my F2P accounts to All Access for the free heroic characters and now they are all Silver status! Blessing and curse at the same time. lol.

I know 'Mark as Spam' gets a lot of (innocent) people on EQ2. I think I've only seen it work once or twice on EQ1 over the years.
  10. svann Augur

thats what ignore is made for
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
  11. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

My apologies from the rest of us on Xegony. I think they started cross server recruiting because they had no luck on our server.
    Allayna, Elyssanda and lockjaws like this.
  12. lockjaws Augur

I am not sure submitting as spam actually does anything. I box 3-5 toons at a time and have been reporting this for well over a month, to no avail!
  13. Magickon Augur

The maximum number of people you can have on ignore is woefully small.
  14. svann Augur

Thats a separate issue, but this is just one guy spamming correct? Honestly, Ive only ever needed like 4 people in my ignore and Im sure its way bigger than that. If your ignore really is full I suggest you check it to see if some of those people have deleted their characters by now. Seriously. Mostly the idiots dont last. Some do, most dont.
    CatsPaws likes this.
  15. Dracolindus Journeyman

Now I'm just curious as to what guild it was =)
  16. ZenMaster formless, shapeless

If someone wants me to transfer servers for their guild, they need to subsidize the transfer costs. They should offer a Krono after a successful transfer. :)
    CatsPaws likes this.
  17. Raccoo Augur

Wish there was a way to filter/ignore this cross-server spam.
    [IMG]
    Yinla and Conq like this.
  18. Password1234 Augur

Have you tried clicking the "close" button?
    Jennre and Benito like this.
  19. Benito EQ player since 2001.

That's a one-off. On the other hand, the Xegony individual spams anywhere between twice in an hour to about 6+ times per day on other servers' general chat.
    Duder likes this.
  20. Raccoo Augur

It is much easier to ignore cross-server messages in general channels, even if they happen more frequently (unless they are really spamming the channel, and then ignore is your friend).

However, I have to click close across multiple characters on multiple accounts, never able to just opt-out of something I never want to see.