DB Money Making Opp

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Namde, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Namde Augur

If I could pay to buy AA's, I would. I'd like to see "Buy 10k AA's" or a "Buy 20k AA's" in the DB Shop please. :)
  2. Cicelee Augur

3. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

No need for that. What I do wish they would do is keep auto grant two or three expansion back. While I don't mind slogging through a couple of thousand AAs on an alt to get them up to par, having to go through what seems like 10k worth is a bit tiresome for me personally.
  4. Namde Augur

*credit card in hand* Lets go DB!
  5. Maedhros High King

Choose a different game.
    Daedly, Nennius, Scornfire and 2 others like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Once EoK AA auto grant goes in next year the amount of AA to earn becomes once again much more manageable.

EoK had an obsene amount of AA, many of which started at lower levels than 105.

Waiting for Selo to kick off about the amount. :)
    Namde likes this.
  7. Triconix Augur

Why not just make a buy all button then? Full set of t3 group gear, augs, aa's, levels all in one?/s

What's the point of playing a game if you dont actually want to play it? Go on your phone, find a microtransaction game you enjoy and pay to win all you want. Don't try to taint this game with that junk.

A real money making strategy? Make ornaments like Ngreth decided to do. Gimme Sekv and take my money.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Namde Augur

9. Laronk Augur

QQ 2 u 2.

If you wanna buy 10k aa just buy a PL =)
  10. Daedly Augur

I vote no.

If you wanna pay for AA, buy an experience potion.
  11. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

12. Ravanta Suffer Augur

Yeah, I'd pay serious cash to be able to turn any item I could equip into an ornament for that slot. It's been said multiple times that it's not going to happen because it's too difficult to implement. But man, I'd love to rock dual lightstone or dual gbs ornaments!
  13. Nennius Curmudgeon

So you want players to work for what they get? Sheesh
  14. dizzadar Lorekeeper

rather have account to account transfers back
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Tarvas like this.
  15. Lisard Silly

buy yourself some kronos and pay a bot group to plvl you...just sayin.
  16. DillyBar Augur

Don't let these folk that have no life get ya down. There would need to be a limit, but I see a possibility. Maybe.
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The limit is the Auto-Grant amount. That's already thousands of free AA's and will likely be upgraded in the future for free. Like others said if you want to "Buy" AA's pay your local PLer, I'm sure every server has one by now.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  18. Kuaamil Elder

They already give you autogrant. Anything more seems like a terrible idea for the culture of the game. The downward spiral of pay to win goes pretty quick.
    Vumad and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Current Auto grant for a SK is 19K ish, can't tell exactly as she has some EoK, RoS & TBL AAs that she has purchased. Final achievement she has for AA is 42K. (SK is level 110 so not sure if all the achievments are showing for her). Currently the auto grant is less than half the max AA for an SK.

For someone trying to catch up knowing you have at least a 20K AA mountain to climb can be very off putting. Being able to purchase an extra 5 or 10K of AAs still leaves a lot for a player to work on.

Current autogrant gives TBM, which still leaves all AA from EoK, RoS, TBL & ToV.

In my opinion the autogrant should be increased to include EoK. That still gives players 3 expansions of AAs to do and reduces the AA mountain drastically.

Bearing in mind to max out Heroic AA they are going to need to complete all quests/missions in CotF onward, not to mention in later expanaions they require hunter & conquests.
    Tarvas likes this.
  20. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The Achievements have nothing to do with how many AAs that you can buy in game. Those Achievements exceed all of the class totals by a not insignificant amount.

4 expansions that you have to buy AAs for is perfectly reasonable and fine. As others have stated, EoK had an unusually high number of AAs as well as AAs which were especially expensive. Next year there will be a huge drop off to the point where having only 3 expansions would be a trivial amount of AAs.

If you have an issue with the AA count, then argue for the number of AAs required to buy new ranks in recent and future expansions be lowered, don't ask for them to change the auto-grant to give even free AA ranks even sooner.