TOV XP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nivek, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Nivek Journeyman

What a load, a high end Shaman from an elite raiding guild telling others its not hard because he soloed it in his leet raiding gear, some people have just returned to the game and I can definitely tell you the average person is not soloing the content without a merc and probably not with as well.
  2. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The only thing the raid gear helps me with when I solo is how fast I can kill. I can do the exact same thing on a group geared shaman without a merc, the only difference is it will be a little slower. Every class has their own tricks, you just have to know how to use them. If you need some shaman tips let me know, it's seriously not that hard.
    Yinla likes this.
  3. Tappin Augur

Wrong answer. People expect to be rewarded for killing stuff. Not a couple nights down he road after they completed some boring progression task.
  4. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Killing stuff and doing the tasks are the same thing this expansion, you obviously haven't even looked at them. The majority of the quests are go kill mobs. Sure, there's a couple that are you're typical go run here and talk to someone and run back. But for the most part they all say go kill mobs in the zone.
  5. Tappin Augur

Again, it's not what people are looking to do . They look to complete small task (kill a mob get some experience), and get a tangable reward. Not few nights after they started some progression task. OP doing exactly what DBG asked him to do.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

They are small tasks. You can knock out an entire set in 1 night, it doesn't take "Days" to start seeing the bonuses. Kael might be the one exception, that one is a bit more involved. Pick a zone to focus on for the night and it can easily be finished.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Problem is it is problematic grinding in the brand new expansion.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Well it is important to say SOME people want a rewarding exp grind while SOME are taken with the new progression experience. I just think it shouldn't 1) be a big deal to do and 2) shouldn't have people in favor of the progression exp rise in arms.
  9. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I have been running a casual guild for 20 years straight no breaks. News flash. Most casuals who sub continue their sub all year every year. You really seriously think people will sub so they can grind meaningless amounts of exp? Really? Trust me in saying that casuals on Live servers are not going to sub just to max exp at an extremely slow rate.

There are casuals that only free to play and there are casuals that sub once in a while to get autogrant. None of those casuals are playing current expansion zones. They mostly stay in the lower levels where being FTP doesn't make a big difference. Casuals generally have a lot to do other then just exp. Many go back and do old content.

Sure some of my top players finish stuff fast. Most if not all still sub all year.
  10. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Thats not what I said incorrect too. Read my hole post and quote my whole post :)
  11. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

How about this,

100% open invite, get your butt to Xegony, send me a tell and I will run all your ToV progression and missions for you. I dont have general chats or /ooc, /shouts on as it is more cluter on my main screen.

Anyone, main, alt etc...

Unless your name is Tappin, then you can just go right to well you know.

This expac is easy mode, just have to make an effort.
    Mintalie, Daedly, Funky and 2 others like this.
  12. JeffHanson Augur

I think the live server population kinda splits into three categories right now:

1) People with regular groups (boxed or otherwise) who have basically finished ToV progression and are level 115 or close.

2) People without regular groups who are struggling to get the missions done. These folks are stuck around level 113 and getting frustrated because the usual ways of leveling are so slow.

3) The afk automated botters who are merrily doing their usual thing and selling stacks of 20 velium rune spells in bazaar.

It's tough being in the second category. I was expecting lots of people to be chain-running the missions to earn currency for type 5 augs. Maybe they are, but they sure aren't offering group spots or even taskadds. All I see are the usual greedy tools trying to sell single task adds for 200k to 500k per spot.
    Stephen51 and Shoryuureppa like this.
  13. Tappin Augur

The experience needs to be spread out over more progression tasks. They would have needed to create more task, but doing this would have made it less obvious they are trying to force progression.
  14. Tappin Augur

Most people are blowing through the missions with box groups. Seen someone box the Kael mission in less than 10 minutes.
  15. Tappin Augur

Lot's of group/casual players sub at least a main, an box a f2p alt or two. When groups for missions do not exist, or there is no time for one, then it's time find a place to grind out some experience. ToV takes this option away. So if no groups exist, might as well just log off and try later.
  16. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

What part of 'We're done' did you not understand?
  17. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

And nothing is stopping a person from setting up a couple of boxes in a decent spot and just grind away for 30-45 mins if they want. Or getting a task and repeating it. Clicking collections as they get them, id advise you save em for 115, ... there is plenty in this expansion for a person to do. Obviously it all on their desire and determination that makes of breaks it. Plenty of offers have been given, more than enough advice has been given.

You can lead a horse to water, you cant make them drink it.
    Sokki likes this.
  18. Shoryuureppa Journeyman

I am in the number 2 spot.

though I have been stuck at 112 for a while and would like to see 113 and hopefully get to 115,

but it seems the usual suspects keep sticking to their "get a group, this is what the devs want" views, that's awesome devs put in rewards for us if we are able to achieve them, but we can't blow through this xpac like you all, and for the people saying the devs don't want us to blow through this expansion, then why didn't you complain about the crazy achievement xp? oh yea that because YOU are able to do it with no problems so this doesn't effect you, but also how is trying to get to 115 blowing through an expansion? do you get a game over sign when you get there? maybe if you would think for a moment, that if majority of the players can get to 115 the old fashion way, maybe they will be able to equip those req 115 gear and tackle on the missions/tasks they had trouble with earlier?

as Corwyhn said, how exactly does people reach the lvl 115 goal, be it missions/tasks or grinding it out effect you at anyway? is it because you already grind out those task and missions already and got to 115 feel special and the mere change of xp rates will destroy that special feeling? in the end once everyone reached 115, there is still more to do, no one is really blowing through any content
  19. Tappin Augur

You cannot expect people to go out grind experience at an abysmal rate, when they can hold out for 1 mission and get 5 times that amount. It just does not make any sense. Log on, see if anyone wants to do a mission, log off if not. It's the Hotzone task all over again.
  20. enclee Augur

I think the fundamental flaw with this design is that it cannot be tuned up in difficulty. It’s clearly designed to progress you from 111-115 with the regular experience rewards so high and AA reward lower, which means they can’t make missions challenging without severely hindering player progression. So, I don’t see how anyone is satisfied with this design decision, upper echelon players aren’t provided interesting content and casual players have to rely on getting a group in a narrow play window.
    Sancus likes this.