Kael Mission

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Allayna, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Allayna Augur

Reported in beta and fixed. Somehow that fix didn’t make it to live. AoW warps at 60% without stripping debuffs, insta summons the necro or druid etc and swats them dead while the group runs up to him.

Thanks.
    Duder likes this.
  2. Szilent Augur

He does cast Balance of the Nameless on himself at the transition, stripping "all" debuffs and dots. It's possible a group overwhelms Balance's dozen lines, but hasn't happened for me since the party has to be pretty darned careful on Avatar to get the spectators cleared before the warp.
  3. Dewey Augur

First time we did it we had a necro, druid and shammy in the group. All three got ported up. We just thought it was part of the event. None of them got deaded.
  4. Duder Augur

Every single time he has a dot on him and warps, he pulls one of the dotters. I don't dot him on my shaman because of that issue.
    Greymantle likes this.
  5. Gundolin Augur

Did it last night with 2 Beast & a Shaman, none of them got summoned. But that is less common, usually a dotting class gets summoned.
  6. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

I've definitely been summoned and killed a few times from this. I'm usually pretty careful about not DoTing him when he's close to porting now.
    Yinla likes this.
  7. Duder Augur

Yeah, didn't die the first time thanks to preincarnation and the 2nd and 3rd times I thought it might happen so hit ancestral guard as soon as he warped which worked like a charm, but now I just don't do it to err on the side of winning ;)
  8. Repthor Augur

happens everytime we do this mission not a big deal for us normaly. as the tank im more jelly they dont have to run and i do =(
    Funky, Axxius, Allayna and 1 other person like this.
  9. Axxius Augur

I don't know what exactly Base1 means in SPA 27 (Dispel) but Balance of the Nameless [3230] has 10 slots filled with SPA 27 (base1 = 9). It dispels only the first 9 debuffs, or rolls 10 chances to dispel any 9 debuffs, or something like that? Either way, when we do this mission with Enchanter, Necromancer and Druid, the boss always manages to keep ENC Slow and at least a couple of dots after porting up. Our Necro doesn't even need to bother running up, she always gets summoned, and the Druid gets summoned often too.
    Allayna likes this.
  10. Cailen Augur

SK's that solo it like it when he summons them up
  11. Allayna Augur

You misspelled “Paladins”.
  12. Cailen Augur

I haven't seen a paladin solo it yet..... I have seen SK's do it one even got all the achievements
    Sancus likes this.
  13. Petalonyx Augur

Now that is a feat!
  14. Ashian Augur

Kinda easier to get all the achievements when soloing it than not get the achievements. Not sure how one would fail to bend the knee and still win. Utilizing iAOW’s rage attack to speed up the killing on adds is also nice. And you don’t have the DPS to just burn the iAOW down at the end so you’re going to kill the adds as they spawn.
  15. Szilent Augur

this one is if the "soloer" is cheating on the "soloness" by popping a mercenary. Alternately, one could attempt to skip emotes by Invulning through the death trigger. I'm not 100% that would work, could be a scripted death - but I think it's a nuke for 1mil, which invuln would protect against but fail the achievement. As a strat for winning, that'd be somewhat desirable since ducking is bad for tanking leading to a dangerous couple seconds. Both knight classes have tools & tricks to invuln more frequently than is entirely reasonable :p
    Ashian likes this.
  16. bortage spammin lifetaps

I would imagine that if someone were to solo the Kael mission they would have a gina timer for the duration of the duck emote and duck as close to the end as possible, you'll probably only take one swing from AoW while ducked if you time it right
  17. German Augur

I was under the impression the tank never got that trigger. Don’t recall ever seeing one For the tanks when doing it.
  18. Repthor Augur

most hated is exempt from the duck emote
  19. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

It's most hated by the Avatar, right? Because I'm pretty sure Fintank is most hated in the guild... guessing that doesn't count. Eh?
  20. Repthor Augur

i wish ! if that was the case id be exempt from tons of emotes that whould be sweet