TOV XP

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Nivek, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Nivek Journeyman

The problem is they're not adults. I own and operate a large business and have 3 kids in colledge I'm supporting, just because I can't sit at my desk eating hot pockets all day grinding quests out, doesn't mean I can't make friends.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  2. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Actually, I WANT to help other people do the tasks because it's more XP than mob grinding/hunting, plus a chance at augs, spells, and other goodies. In my guild, anyone that says 'Mission Group LFM' everyone jumps on it. Sounds to me like your guildmates haven't figured this out yet.
    Allayna likes this.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

While I am empathetic towards a person's introverted or "lone wolf" inclinations, there must be a distinction drawn between solo gameplay and people advocating for "easy mode" (higher xp and/or easier mobs).

The OP should be able to complete all T1 Merc tasks molo and most T1 Partisans with a box or friend. (Ask a RL family member to play if you are too anxious to ask for help). T2 merc tasks are also fairly manageable. These kill tasks nearly mirror Franklin Teek dailies.

I suspect the OP and others want EoK and RoS (TBL is not moloable for super casuals) to offer great grind xp.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

First we don't even know he has lone wolk inclinations or is introverted. That is all being assumed. And second every time someone mentioned a problem getting groups it's the same thing.

While I can get groups whenever I want I don't seem to have the problem understanding that not everyone will be as lucky. What I don't understand is why others can't get that too and simply accept that friendly folks in EQ may still have problems getting groups.

Simply being limited in your play time can do it. If you have two hours logged in you may not catch folks with available spots or who are actually doing missions you need. Not everyone plays several hours a day.

Being new in a guild can do it. It can take time to get to know folks and when you have limited play time get to play with them. Shared experiences are what helps cement friendships and that can be hard to do with limited play times.

When you play can be a big issue on being able to get groups.

I could go on and on but it is foolish to assume every single time someone says they have issues getting groups that they can't or don't want to make friends.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The assumption does not lessen the prescription.

All of the T1 merc tasks are manageable for most molo. You may need a box or friend for T1 Partisans. T2 merc tasks may require one or more boxes or friends. T2 Partisans and all missions will require a group.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Did you play during TBL? The devs have intentionally tried to make this an easier expansion for more casual players like you and me. (The ease explains why some hardcore raiders are able to knock it out in 1-2 weeks whereas many were not able to complete TBL smoke trials for an entire year). They are looking to strike the right balance.

Edit: TBL was worse in terms of group requirement. You needed a top tank to kill some TBL named and do most TBL missions. For ToV, many melee dps can tank ToV named and have a better chance to survive in missions.
  7. Mazame Augur

Try /ooc vs /oof it may help.

Jokes a side if your on Xegony feel free to look me up I would be happy to help get anyone threw. I enjoy questing and have already helped a number of people. Unlike the elitists your trying to paint me out to be because I finished in the first week, I run quest over and over. In fact I just helped 2 people do TBL progression from start to finish this week.

O and as for finding group yes it hard for anyone. I am LFG 80% of the time I am on. I log in ask if anyone need help. most of the time get no response so I then say ok I going to go do X if anyone wants to join. Often this will get 1-2 people to send me a tell and were off. When other people then say LFG I invite them to what were doing. by the end of the night I have a group going. If you just sit in pok then the chances of you getting a group are slim. If you say i am doing X anyone want to come you will get more help.
    Yinla likes this.
  8. Nivek Journeyman

Obviously I didn't mean you, I meant the people that bust it out then tell others to just get a group quit whining.
  9. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Why would someone with your impressive credentials be sitting in the lobby doing nothing instead being out there gaining what you could while looking for group? I would have expected someone with your experience to say the hard numbers about your experience in game when seeking a change. Maybe something along the lines of "I killed 'a' number of mobs over 'b' number of hours and gained 'c' amount of experience in 'd' zone while looking for group." When someone brings you a problem at your large business don't you like to have as many facts as possible brought to you so that you can properly address it?
  10. Cicelee Augur

And he can. He can log in and kill monsters. Nothing is preventing him from doing that except himself. Is it the fastest way? No. But is it a way? Yes.

Instead he rather sit LFG in guild hall or lobby and then complain on the boards about getting a group. Again this is not a developer problem. I am in a top 10 raid guild, I don't have my progression done, I am not 115, I have a job and wife and a four year old. But when I log on if I do not get a group cause everyone does not want to repeat a partiean, then I do stuff on my own. I try. I make an effort.

That is the difference. No one is preventing him from sitting in one spot and grinding on trash mobs but the OP.
    Sokki likes this.
  11. Raccoo Augur

Probably got the idea you didn't solo from that. (Edit: I got the idea you didn't solo. I think I misread what was being said here)
    Which server are you on?
  12. Laronk Augur

Nivek,

What class are you and what server do you play on?
  13. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

Lol, this is Everquest, 99% of us are Adults, with Jobs, and other commitments.
    Szilent, Allayna, Cicelee and 2 others like this.
  14. Drayman Elder

I ran into the same problem with TBL. I missed the first week push and was basically screwed for the whole expansion. It's why I let my subs expire and didn't buy TOV on any of them.

My point being, the game is what the game is and if it isn't working for you, go play something else. It's not worth banging your head over and you aren't going to get much help or sympathy here on these forums.
    WorriedinNorrath likes this.
  15. enclee Augur

I don’t get how people still make comments like that about the rest of the player base. It seems with his attitude, he already doesn’t want to group with the rest of us, as we’re just lifeless basement dwellers.
    Scornfire likes this.
  16. Laronk Augur

Naw man, if you're not supporting your kids thru college working 80 hour weeks just to do that then you're a filthy casual at the game of life!
  17. Balthen Lorekeeper

They may be adults but the vast majority of players do not know how to adult. This thread proves that in beyond all believable bounds.
  18. Drayman Elder

Come on we all have those guild members who are on when you log in at 5pm, are still on when you log out at 11pm. All weekend no matter when you log in they are there.
  19. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Maybe they work from home or are retired? I'm amazed at the amount of retired folks I have ran into playing this game.
    Yinla likes this.
  20. Solanli Journeyman

Tappin, I seem to remember you going on an all out fest about people being able to get quick XP from mobs? I believe that misguided post was entitled: "Lets get this over with".
    Allayna and Yinla like this.