Restless Tijoely...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Gio-Cefalu, Jan 8, 2020.

1. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I recently came back for this expansion with 3 box crew: Sk, Shm, Mage + mercs.

I ran the mission with Restless Tijoely, and I was level 113 with maxed out CS,CA, Armor of Wisdom, and General Sturdiness to make my SK as tough as possible for his level. With merc buffs and shaman buffs, My SK had about 290K HPs and around 7150 AC without discs. I am in mostly T3 gear from TBL with a few pieces of T2 still. There are a few augs I'm missing from TBL.

I start the mission and engage the mob with epic 2.0 and carapace. I am dead almost instantly, and the rest of the group falls pretty quickly (I had cleric merc and 2 melee DPS mercs with me). I know real players will help over mercs, but the real kicker is when I checked my combat window and found that Restless Tijoely hit me for 283,500 in a single attack. I know he has a special attack that pulls you towards him and damages you, but 283K is basically a 1 shot on a character that has 290K HPs. There's no heal or defensive that I could use that would have saved me there as I already had a leech and defensive running, and the mob was slowed/debuffed, but this is obviously a special mechanic.

1. Is there some mechanic I'm missing like a certain level of partisan or mercenary quests that are needed to reduce this damage (like Methods of Sarnak Destruction from EoK)?
    2. Am I seriously under-geared (I thought TBL T3 with some T2 and GMM gear would be sufficient)?
    3. Do I need to be lvl 115 with full ToV gear (crafted T3) before I attempt this mission again?
    4. Is there something else I'm missing here?

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks.
  2. Maedhros High King

Perhaps try to stand toe to toe with deflection and shield flash and burn him down. If you can't survive TJ, Bled is going to murder you.
  3. Gio-Cefalu Augur

It's not the regular hits that were really killing me but the single hit of 283,500 damage that wiped me out! Is there some kind of mechanic I'm not understanding with this special attack?
  4. aozs Augur

Never seen that and I've done this mission 15-20 times. No special prep either, it was one of the first things I did coming in from TBL.

How many times have you seen this happen?
  5. Llayenie New Member

Could be Tijoley's Rush?
    Knockback (3) and Toss Up (3)
    Decrease Hitpoints by 115115. Max. None. Calculates to current max level

Possibly scaling up higher than it should - not seen it personally though.
  6. Ibadan Kun'Tirel Augur

Are you talking about the attack that he announces? (The 'Rush' Attack?) --- This is avoidable
  7. Paradisic_parasite Elder

There is another emote if he can't find the target of his rush. That leads to him "crushing his foe" or something.
  8. Barbwarrior Augur

Dragonscale glyph?
  9. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

were the shm/mage backed away from the mob? every time I've run it we stacked everyone on top of the tank pretty much and had no problems like that.
  10. Daedly Augur

I have been seeing this calculates to Max level stuff. Does anyone know what this is supposed to mean? Does it scale to the casters level? Does it scale to the targets level?
  11. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

It is very likely Enraged Crush
    [52347] Enraged Crush
    Restriction: Cannot Remove
    Target: Single
    Range: 1000'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Reflectable: No
    Focusable: No
    Casting: 0s
    21: Decrease Current HP by 450000

When he plans to run and choke someone out, if he cant find a target he will target the tank and hit them with that. If a merc is called out, he can't find them and just targets the tank.

[Sun Jan 03 16:32:36 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXX for 283000 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Crush.
    [Sun Jan 03 16:43:44 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXX for 80900 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Crush.
    [Sun Jan 04 17:06:05 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXX for 271942 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Crush.
    [Sun Jan 04 17:24:32 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXX for 258500 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Crush.
    [Sun Jan 04 17:25:06 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXX for 267650 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Crush.
    [Mon Jan 05 12:29:15 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXX for 268500 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Cush.
    [Mon Jan 05 12:29:50 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXX for 282300 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Crush.
    [Mon Jan 06 10:44:37 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXX for 74050 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Crush.
    [Mon Jan 06 10:45:12 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXX for 105400 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Crush.
    [Mon Jan 07 11:07:14 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXX for 282150 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Crush.
    [Mon Jan 07 11:07:49 2020] Restless Tijoely hit XXXfor 292500 points of unresistable damage by Enraged Crush.
    The base hit is 450k before mitigation, and some of the hits were more heavily mitigated than others. Byt those are from various runs and mercs making it hit the tank
  12. Gio-Cefalu Augur

I never saw an emote on the screen when he attacked me, but that does look like the same amount of damage I was taking. So, when he performs his "rush," should I run from him or be right in his face? Some folks are saying to stack on top of him, and others are saying it's avoidable.

Also, I know you can put "emotes" filter on certain chat windows, but is there some other option for emotes that show up in the middle of the screen? Maybe I have it turned off somehow?

Thanks.
  13. Vumad Cape Wearer

Mercs are also an issue in Kael mission because they can't bend the knee. Mercs should probably be ignored in the group check for emotes. Its not a bug, but it should be considered one from a functional stand point.
  14. Jaylnn Gnomish Bog Jogger

The enraged crush is not anything you can avoid. It's his own fail mechanic. If he goes to rush a player and can't find them he gets mad and uses that instead. There is an emote that goes in th bcenter of the screen for him getting ready to rush but I don't have it off hand. If a player is targeted they can move to him so he doesn't rush them, but he will still do his grasp, he just won't charge them. But if it's a Merc or he can't find the player, he will then take it out on the tank instead
  15. Gio-Cefalu Augur

Aaaaah. That makes sense. Since I am boxing with mercs, I am willing to bet he targeted a merc, who he could not "find", and my tank paid the price. Boxing this is probably not going to work with mercs. I'll need to invite at least 2 real players (we hardly have true healers in my guild) to reduce the chances that a merc is selected. Thanks everyone for this information.
  16. Hitty Augur

I assume that if he does not get engaged asap then he simply chooses some nice targets. Obviously I took too much time for preparation before engaging this guy. Tanks could not get aggro but Cleric was first dead meat, followed by the second healer - like he wanted to go straight to the "healing department". The group had not a single merc. Very strange first try...