Tijoely and unrush

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by ROFL@mycorpse, Jan 7, 2020.

1. ROFL@mycorpse Journeyman

To get this achievement a group must kill the first name within 25 seconds.

Now I have seen this where we didn't burn and there was an emote where he couldn't find his target and he choose someone else.

I have completed this mission with and without that emote.

Is it intended to get the emote only if you burn the name? Is there another way besides burning to get the achievement?

I am asking because it seems bugged and everyone is just bypassing the achievement with dps.
  2. Lisard Silly

who ever is emoted, have them run down the stairs to velk, or around the outter ring..dont stop running =P
    Tucoh likes this.
  3. Puzzling Journeyman

I was pretty sure, that you just got the hell out of his way, and let him get the person.

All the /ach asked is that you dont get hit by him while he is on the way to the he wants.

I want to say, this is another one that mercs can "mess up"
  4. Nniki Augur

The requirement states, "Do not let anyone but Tijoely's target be struck by Tijoely's Rush."

My group played around with this a little bit on launch.

We tried it by fighting him at his initial location and having the group stand on the castle side of the doorway, the people not emoted back up, and the emoted person run to the entrance of the tunnel leading to upper dogs. Tijoely was able to reach the emoted person there without issue.

We also tried having people run near the well initially, but Tijoely ran into crazy pathing issues... I think he warped down into the tunnels. Resulting emote said something about not being able to locate his target iirc (different than not reaching the target).

We were thinking that the tank might have been getting hit as Tijoely turns to run after the emoted person (tank got pushed). We gave up playing around with it and just burned for the achievement and have ever since... much easier and more fun.
  5. Tucoh Augur

I tried a bunch of ways to let Tijoely rush the person and not hit anyone else. They all failed.

Do what Lisard said, whoever gets emoted runs like mad. The attack will fail and they can run back.
  6. Razorfall Augur

Hopefully you have better pathing than we did. When we did that, the person called backed up by the pool at zone in and waited for him to start running to him. Tijoely ran in the opposite direction and down the stairs, where he summoned the tank out of range of our healer and we wiped lol
    Tucoh likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

That's hilarious, for me at least.

I always ran down the stairs to where Velkator is. No idea if that sometimes fails, only done a few times.
  8. Dewey Augur

Yeah every time we ran he just summoned a group member because of dots. He's always out of range and in strange places when he summons .
  9. Dewey Augur

If this is true then we'll have to use merc healers. Because when you run away it summons the group 1 at a time and the only people that can keep up with that warping is mercs.

The other thing is if he can't find it target then he will rush someone else. So one would assume that everyone has to run and kite, but stay close enough to not get summoned 1 at a time.
  10. Lisard Silly

whole group follow, keep DPSing him =P