ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Tappin Augur

There you go.
  2. Xyphen Maximum Augur

Yeah, I'm using Narandi's Cummerband with Treaded Boon of Potential for my cleric (5k to heals and DD). I believe the DD enhances Intervention heals as well.
  3. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

To be fair, what you've described is how YOU like to play the game. I actually prefer to do the missions for what I need them for and then kill mobs in static, open zones. I casually do Hunter achievements myself instead of joining 72 person guild raids that essentially exploit a flaw in how achievements are calculated to get everyone credit. It would be nice if both paths were viable, but they clearly are not right now.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I don't think there is any need to adjust the achievement exp bonuses. They should be left alone. I would like to see grind exp increased so people have a choice. The mission route or a grind route. I like a mix of things and with this expansion we could have both as a choice.

As I see it allowing both exp paths grind and mission doesn't hurt anything except maybe the exp used to maintain level 115. Is that really so important that DBG can't let people have both options for leveling? AA exp seems to be decent so no changed needs to be made to that.
    Skuz and Allayna like this.
  5. Vizier Augur

XP pots have been useless for years this is the first xpac where they have a use in my opinion.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Someone on my live server linked the Savvy Ice Encrusted Belt and it correctly displayed 'Boon of the Soother.' Is it the same belt or is the focus effect not procing?
  7. Mazame Augur

INCENTIVE applies to an external influence (such as an expected reward) inciting to action.

If you do the quest you get an XP bonus as an expected reward because it listed on the /ach page as a reward for completing

Definition of punishment

1: the act of punishing
    2a: suffering, pain, or loss that serves as retribution
    b: a penalty inflicted on an offender through judicial procedure
    It is not a punishment. Your getting the same XP as everyone else if you do the quest or not do them. your just not receiving INCENTIVE xp if you make the choice to not do them..
    If you read all of the xp post people have posted that they grinded all the way to 115 so it is possible in timely manner as the exp has been out for less then a month.
    Yes their a lot to do besides new content. All of that content was do able as a 110 or less.
    Funky likes this.
  8. Xyphen Maximum Augur

That's the one.

I should clarify - by no focus I meant that belts don't have raid-level damage/heal/mana preservation/pet etc enhancements. The only raid-level thing it has is 45% haste, which isn't as valuable on a healer belt.

This was in response to why this particular ultra-rare fetches less plat than the others since you can get the same focus effect on group-level belts.
    Benito likes this.
  9. Groans Augur

So i guess you havent been playing in TOV? You dont seem to have encountered the mechanics of what mobs do what, you should orobably know what you are talking about before giving advice.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Bobokin Augur

Don't worry about it. When casuals get into ToV, there is at least one task that will allow them to get some experience. I'm sure the devs won't pull another GMM and wait for the hardcore players to use it and then nerf the experience and coin it for the casuals.

Oh, ... wait! :(
    Mintalie, Skuz and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.