Heroic Stats soft cap

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Koldanar, Jan 7, 2020.

1. Koldanar Elder

Hi,

Does anyone know what the current soft cap is for heroic stats?

Thanks, Kold
  2. Riou EQResource

There is none, though certain benefits will hard cap out
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Unless they changed it, the benefits of heroics scale quickly from 0 to like 50? or 100? Then do almost nothing until 400, then scale linearly to 4000.
  4. Baldur Augur

It's 35 for all but hdex I think. hdex is 38 if I remember correctly.
  5. Natal Augur

The benefits increase in steps, just like luck does. If you mouse over the stats for various things (such as spell shielding or avoidance) it will tell you what you need to get the next level. Some require 400 points for the next step, others have 20 point intervals.

Something like spell shielding starts out at 35% for example, then increases at 1% for every 400 points of HInt or HWis. Currently it is difficult to get any of the major benefits over 40% because of the amount of heroics you need to reach that level (2000 of the appropriate one to hit 40%)
  6. Nniki Augur

7. Baldur Augur

Heroic stats do 3 things so I think everyone is answering something different based on what they are thinking about heroics.

Heroic stats:
    1. Raise the base stat over the cap, so 20 hsta will raise your regular stamina 20 points. This has no soft or hard cap. Technically some of the base stats might have a soft cap, but the raising of it with a heroic is always 1 for 1.

2. Have their own benefits, like hsta gives you hps and every 25 gives you 1 hp regen. This has no soft or hard cap.

3. Raise 2 mod2s. Hsta raises stun resist and melee mitigation. This part has a soft cap and a hard cap, but I don't think you can reach the hard cap currently. The soft cap for all hstats for mod2s is around 35. I'm almost positive it's 35 for everything except hdex, which is 38.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Only if by "softcap" you mean the original caps before heroics were added. You can see (what I assume are) the new hard caps for these in the inventory window. Most of the Shielding types are 45%.
  9. Bederper Journeyman

I’m guessing people are trying to work out which ToV type 7 augs to equip. Given these don’t have +ATK on them and the old EOK / RoS ones that are being replaced did.

if I check my Magelo profile it says 1741/1450. Does that mean I can comfortably shed 250 odd points of +ATK (5ish augs) for some improved stats? Without impairing my attack ?
  10. Bederper Journeyman

Sorry posted on wrong thread. hmm how to delete / edit
  11. Cloud the Third Augur

They really just need to hide all the non-heroic stats and just make it heroic stats only. This would clean up the item UI window so much if you just got rid of non-heroic stats that don't do anything.
  12. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Hagi is 34 to max the old mod2