ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Natal Augur

Different mobs have different mechanics, don't kill the ones you can't handle, choose something else or move to a spot where you can handle them. Mobs from the last few expansions have been like this, so it is nothing new.

Tanking stuff in tier 1 in ToV is pretty easy. If you are having problems then you need to do some gear updating or change the way you are fighting, because it is much easier relatively speaking than the previous two expansions.
  2. Cicelee Augur

For as much time as some people have spent on Forum Quest complaining about the XP, they could have taken that time into TOV and be 115.55 and 70 percent completed with TOV AA...
    code-zero likes this.
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I was given a task add on an alt for velks mission, a level 106 alt that was fishing/foraging. I was curious the impact on it.

It went from 56% into 106 to 43% into 108 with that one mission. That shows just how much the experience needed for levels 111+ has increased. Was quite amusing.
    Sokki and enclee like this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Regular leveling exp is where I have the issue.
  5. Mazame Augur

I am sorry but 50% of a level at reg xp is not something to have an Issue with.
    If you do all of the quest / mission that is what your left to grind out 50% of a single level give or take 10%.

If your go a issue with doing all of the quest / missions then WHY ARE YOU PLAYING EVERQUEST? I mean Questing is in the title, after all it not called EVERGRIND.
    Funky likes this.
  6. Benito EQ player since 2001.

You hit the nail on the head.

Tappin's odd, narrowly-crafted arguments (GMM nerf, ToV exp) is derived from the advantages and disadvantages of said program.
    Duder likes this.
  7. enclee Augur

What would be the acceptable range of XP per kill?
  8. Tappin Augur

There are lots of things to do in EverQuest beside current progression task and not everyone has the ability to complete the tasks (or may not want to). There is no reason to punish a segment of the population based on the inability to or a preference.

The rewards for completing a progression task is not an incentive - it's an outlier and punishment to those who do not complete the progression.
  9. Tappin Augur

Before you write a post, maybe you should validate your information first. Your assumption is erroneous. The nerf to GMM actually hurt afk boters. There was at least one script available to flip the HA. If you ever spent time waiting on a HA timmer in GMM, you would notice these groups flipping "The Darkness Howls" HA (there is something they do that gives it away).
  10. Funky Augur

i still dont see it as a punishment... because you have your own choice to make. do it or dont. your call. and how is that not an incentive... that's like my boss telling me if i do something at work i can go home early.. but if i dont i stay the whole day... so are is that not an incentive and is an "outlier and punishment"?

so you want to increase the exp you gain from the very few trash mobs you have in the mission... have you even done/seen the missions? they aren't like GMM or the PoFire ones with a ton of trash to kill.

if you have already done the missions... then why are you complaining about the exp you would already have from the achievements? that way you can feel like you are ahead of those that haven't done them? here goes GMM fix all over again
  11. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I decided to grind it out on my alts just to see what the fuss is about, and it really isn't that bad.

I started last Wednesday, and while setting XP ratio to 90/10, my results so far:
    27% from 115
    400ish AA
    2 Ice Encrusted ultra-rares

I spent around 4 hours a day, mixing it up to grab collectibles. They are new characters so no lesson. A week 1/2 for 4 levels, 400 AA and 6 million plat isn't a bad deal by any stretch.
    Mazame, Riou and Verily Tjark like this.
  12. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So as just an experiment you did grinding for 5 or six days? I commend you on your experimental interests. Sadly I have found it to be much much slower. Glad you got them leveled up though.
  13. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I am still slogging through the missions. Not a fan so taking longer then it should. But I don't get the exp you do grinding. Which ToV zone are you doing it in and which mobs so I have an idea of what to try?
  14. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

Only 6 Million from 2 ultra-rares?!?! I'm not sure what the market is like on your server but you probably could of got at least that much for each if not more.
  15. Xyphen Maximum Augur

I've been grinding Tizmaks and kodiaks in GD in their respective tunnels which give 0.04 to 0.05 at 113. There are tons of them so the xp flows and no one really camps them. Occasionally I hop over to kael to camp dogs (0.05 to 0.06 but way more HP).

I ran my rogue around all the ToV zones for ground-spawn collectibles which gave them around 20%. Saving them for 114 gives the most benefit/

One of them was the healer belt - no focus effect = sad face.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  16. Verily Tjark Augur

Those 90% rezzes mid raid tho...
    Vumad likes this.
  17. Sokki Still Won't Buff You!!

The healer belt should of had "Boon of the Soother" on it. That's still a useful belt focus for Clerics. The upgraded focus adds the DD damage but I don't think clerics really care about that.
  18. Duder Augur

That snare/DoT is it's design to do exactly what it did. A new expansion needs new methods of making you think and work things out. If it didn't have those type things it be stale as can be. But in your eyes the entire expansion is tuned to be too difficult because you were killed by a new DoT effect that you weren't prepared for? Aren't your friends at Tic-Tac-Toe Online IV missing you?
  19. Allayna Augur

So, you've succeeded in getting the nerf you clamored for in GMM to reduce the PER KILL EXPERIENCE and now you are ASKING FOR A NERF (forum violation) of mission experience that was clearly intended by the developers.

Stop trying to cookie cutter the game into some grind fest. I personally hate setting up in one camp and pulling ad nausem. I prefer to repeat missions, hell we set up groups in guild where we'll run all 4 missions (you need em for type 5 coin anyway) and then when we finish, everyone in the group switches to an alt and runs it again.

Stop calling for nerfs. It's a dbg violation anyway and clearly shows how you lack the ability to find and make friends.
    code-zero likes this.
  20. Tappin Augur

I am not asking for a nerf nor am I requesting anything. It clearly states that if changes were to be made this is what I would suggest. I am not violating anythig by stating my opinion and leaving suggestions. They can keep it the way it is now until next expansion.

All I wanted to do was point on a flaw in the current game design and how it has a detrimental effect on a portion of the playerbase (and that portion of the playerbase isn't the one who afks). DBG themselves but the grind in the game, not me. If you don't like take it up with them.