ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Mintalie Augur

I never thought I'd be quoting Corwyhn... :p

But, yeah, it's the great chasm between what we're used to (for a long, LONG time) compared with what has been suddenly thrust on us. The disparity is real.
  2. Duder Augur

Tappin will never be happy, will always complain, always ask for nerfs, and everyone else will always be wrong. And his use of /\/\Q will always be justified.

(In his eyes)
    Benito, Allayna and Funky like this.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And just giving more exp on kills is unreasonable? Why?
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Welcome to the dark side! :)
  5. Groans Augur

So killing the same mobs over and over again is difficult for you? The xp us set to slow its obvious they need to change it.
  6. Funky Augur

i never said killing the same mobs over and over is difficult... idk where you got that from. i did agree with some others that grinding is a bit slower than in previous expansions, but it's not that big of a deal.

honestly i'd be perfectly fine if they did NOT increase exp gains... only thing i think would be nice is if 115 to 115.999 exp was reduced for those complaining it's difficult keeping your buffer into 115 while wanting to continue working on the new AA
    Duder likes this.
  7. Tappin Augur

The exp is fine where it is now (slow) as long as they move the large experience bonuses from completion of progression task. Experience should be on the mob, not the complete of a task. That was the whole point of the GMM thread. Leaving the HA easy and moving experience to completion of a task is just wrong.

2.5% to 5% a level on first time completion of task, is what we call an incentive, but placing 40% -50% bonus on a task is a clear ouitlier and indicates a problem with the core game design. In fact its not an incentive, it's punishment for thiose who either can't or don't want to complete the task.

What is the point of gear/spells/abilities if I have first complete the progression task for the expansion? If you don't raid, then what are suppose to do with gear/spells/abilities?

I am not asking for any changes to the game, but if anything was to be done...

1) Reduce experience given on completion of progression task (increase the mob experience if possible),

2) Move the T2 gear requirement to 110,

3) Add a few pieces of evolving gear and add progression task as part of the upgrade (this is the appropriate place to put it).

There you go.
  8. Funky Augur

so, you want the exp on the mob and not the task completion... basically you want the new missions to be the way GMM was... so you can just chain run the tasks without opening the chest for easy exp.. except the missions dont have that many mobs really so the exp would be trash.

that 40% exp bonus you get on the completion is tied into the achievement which is a 1 time deal. so that's your incentive to complete it.... it is a reward after all.. your choice to not find people to do it with.

1. naw, no farming for you after you helped in the GMM change.
    2. at best it should be 111 req and 115 rec
    3. so you want a new creastra's earring type deal? there is a new evolving item coming out.. but i can't say much on it as i didn't mess with it on beta
    Duder likes this.
  9. Groans Augur

Saying how easy do you want the game over the experience rate is kind of saying you think we need to kill more mobs to level no?

The actual difficulty itself is too high, in t1 group gear at 115 a snare dot fron a trash mob killed me by itself without getting hit, thats not hard thats stupid.

Now if im wrong about what you are saying then ignore me but thats what i took it to mean and i dont like being forced to quest, wow does that because its way more efficient to quest, well i dont wanna play wow im playing everquest
  10. Tappin Augur

No, the 2.5%-5.0% is a bonus for first time completition of a task. The mobs (if in a HA) should be the same difficulty and give same amount of experience as a normal mob. There shouldn't be any difference in mob's difficulty experience rate just because its in a HA.

Crystallized Precious Velium Ore? It really does not matter, the progression task should be tied here (it just make sense from a rpg perspective).

I am ok with t2 gear being 111.
  11. Tappin Augur

The point of an instance is to reduce number players in a given task (and potentially reduce load). It's not to make something harder or easier for given period of time.

This was tried in the past with raids, and if I recall correctly, no group choose the easier route because you get less reward.
  12. Tappin Augur

The trash mobs in EW can be done with less gear the t1 ToV. In fact, been with some friends in EoK gear. Sure, you can't tank the stuff with that gear, but a mage or bst pet holds nicely.

If your using a real tank, then my guess is you need to work on your AA. I Can easily tank the stuff with t3 TBL - it's about the same as t1 ToV.
  13. Funky Augur

well that's not really different than past expansions... some mobs have nasty dots that will eat you alive if you're not watching closely. (rhino/cactus in OT for example)

also, is the dot/snare cureable, how far away are you trying to pull, could the group move up to you and save you, could you have used your leap ability to get in range of healer or the healer just heal you from afar?
  14. Funky Augur

i dont see the mobs in the missions being any harder or giving a differe amout of exp than mobs in a static zone. only difference being there isn't an abundance of mobs as a static zone... the instance isn't designed to be your own personal pick of a zone... you go in being presented with a challenge to overcome and are rewarded for your successful efforts..

i still do not see why you believe the exp for a 1 time completion of an event should be reduced.. just does not make sense... now if you gained that amount of exp every time you did the mission.. i would see a problem
    Corwyhn Lionheart and German like this.
  15. Groans Augur

Not looking for tactics, ive come up with my own solution but thanks.

My point was that a snare dot a mob insta cast outright killed me at 115 in tov gear, how is that balanced for group gear in any way, the risk vs reward is not there, i dont even understand how anyone can think to dispute that tbh.
  16. Derka Power Ranger

Cacti in OT on launch.
    https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/catcus-dot-overpowerd.245846/
    Funky and code-zero like this.
  17. Tappin Augur

GMM is an modern example of HA with mobs easier than mobs outside of the with the same or greater amounts of exp.

Ok if you don't want experience reduced on progression achievements, then just increase the trash mobs exp rate. Someone should not feel punished for not bein able to (or wanting to) complete a progression task.
  18. Natal Augur

There is nothing wrong with big xp bonuses for completing achievements, it will supercharge progress but that in itself is not disadvantaging people if they choose not to or cannot do the associated tasks/missions.

The bigger problem is the much slower progression from killing that was implemented at the same time due to the corresponding large increase in xp needed to level.

The correct solution for the devs would be to reduce the increase in xp needed to level to some value consistent with previous levels, and at the same time reduce the amount of xp provided by the achievements by a corresponding amount (so you do not get a proportionate relative increase as a result of ach completion). That should satisfy both camps in the argument without costing anyone anything.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Oh? You mean exactly like it was in RoF? Go take a look at the exp gains on RoF zone achievements.
    Duder likes this.
  20. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Because exp per kill is fine.

What? 1+ aa per kill not enough? How much is enough?
    Duder likes this.