Best server for new player

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Travisz, Dec 29, 2019.

1. Travisz New Member

Hi, this is my first day with this game. Looks pretty interesting, someone can tell me, which server should i play as im newbie. ;p
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

Until someone gives you some recommendations (which I can't really . . . I play on a server probably no one should, Brekt heh), I would recommend trying out the tutorial, which you can do on any server as a paid player, or any non-progression server as a free player. You can always start over on another server if you find it fits you better.
  3. Windance Augur

Progression servers are popular but can be kind of toxic.

Normal servers have population issues which make it harder to find groups at low level.

Many servers have family guilds that try to help newer folks. May post in the looking for guild threads.
  4. Silver-Crow Augur

Personally i'd stay away from the newer TLP's, especially Mangler, as it has a high % of asshats, and it's likely to die a death if DBG drop another TLP server in March. Selos it's tough to keep up with the release schedule unless you know what you're doing or just don't care. Miragul starts you at lvl 85 which, if you're a new player, will be ultra confusing.

my recommendation play on one of the older TLP's - Phinegal or Coirnav, or if you want to play on a Live server, try out Bristlebane as it seems to have quite alot of life in it.

Stay away from the FV server. It looks populated, but alot of it is just boxes or bots, and the economy is hideously broken.
  5. Gruffish Elder

My suggestion is Firiona Vie.
  6. Benemage New Member

FV -----> ALL can come in, But you may never leave :)

We enjoy a special rule set. Since it's an original role play server, learn Elfish (Not hard 1 point in and spam your merc). Without it you'll be speaking your race language and have some difficulty interacting.

Most things are tradable on FV (Which is why it would be unfair to allow people to transfer off).

YES, there are alot of boxers. However there are very active guilds as well. Even box teams in guilds generally invite players to join in on the mayhem.
  7. Mokai Journeyman

I have played on p99, most of the TLP's, Bristlebane and Povar, but I always come back to FV. It's satisfying to be able to either farm what I need and toss it to an alt or buy it. Only thing I wish for is an in game search engine, like the bazaar, that covers all my characters and lets me "grab" what I need. +50% more exp, what's not to like about that. :)

I highly recommend FV.
  8. bigpapa Augur

FV all the way , the * only * negative point = once you there you can't transfer away from there.

like someone said yes there are a lot of boxer there ( like other servers ) more in FV because there are much more players playing there . channels max at 400 , so general is usually maxed at 400 so general one is created , ect , this one as well specially in weekend or in evening is maxed as well so general 2 is created , { lately , close to 1200 players were in generals channels and close to 400 were at newplayers channels , is there any other servers coming close to that?

i see everyday * players * looking for more *

[QUOTE]and the economy is hideously broken.[/QUOTE] = if you know what you are doing you can gain MUCH , MUCH more plats that you could gain in other servers. ;)

ps : i don't raid there so i don't talk about selling raid gears.
  9. Scorrpio Augur

IMHO, starting at first is best on one of live servers. Free, you will not truly feel restrictions until around lvl 60, and grouping is thin on the ground on ANY server now.
  10. SunDrake Augur

I kind of agree with that. If you were getting in on the starting rush of a TLP, I might say go that route.. but if you are first coming to this game [not a returning player] and had to do a lot of 1-60 solo, I feel like most modern gamers would prefer the pace of their progress on live to that of a TLP. Without the nostalgia built in, or minus being able to progress through content with a guild, leveling on a TLP is just a more awful way of experiencing the game.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

My suggestion would be Xegony, this is the server I see as the one which will always be around. Healthy raid guilds and the largest social guild in EQ that helps its members.

All servers except Xegony & Luclin are due for mergers this year if you can believe Windstalker's comment last year.
  12. Funky Augur

as for starting out 100% fresh, i would suggest Xegony. high population server with lots of guilds that allow near anyone to join (new or veteran players). you also have Lions of the Heart which is the largest casual/leveling guild in EQ which would welcome you and assist you with any questions you could have till you're more familiar with the game
    Shanarias and Yinla like this.