ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Tappin Augur

There are different amounts of experience given depending on mob level. Since I do not know how dense the light blue population is I made calculations based on best case scenario. In order for me to achieve 10% during a lesson burn I would need to kill at least 250 mobs per lesson hour.
  2. Xyphen Maximum Augur

It's bad, but it's nowhere near as bad as 59 -> 60 was. Then again leveling was the only thing to do back then aside from VP keys. There really wasn't much of a rush to get to 60 aside from new spells.

I suppose that's why people are annoyed. It's slow, and there are a bazillion other things in the game to do that are dependent on being 115. That's why I think they should offset things like required levels for armor to at least give folks something to reap/work on before then.
  3. Ryedough New Member

LET'S GET THIS OVER WITH HAHAHA
    HAHAHAHAHAHA

HAGAFSHJHVGDNGCSUY&SBJKGDBJC NB (
  4. Deathly Elder

The only thing 115 is needed for is putting on T2 armor and some AA, What else did I miss?
    Whulfgar likes this.
  5. Tappin Augur

Spells and abilities. Having to beat the expansion to regain the same play style as before seems silly.
  6. Duder Augur

Progression underutilized? By you maybe. Don't speak for the whole based upon your lax play.

And what do you care? Your bot program will do all the work for you anyway.
  7. Razorfall Augur

[IMG]
  8. Tappin Augur

Yes, its underutilized compared to killing things for experience and loot. If not, then why are we here? And just because I don't like progression and like camping stuff or doing a dungeon crawl, doesn't mean I use 3rd party programs to afk camp stuff.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  9. Cadira Augur

So like, are you moloing ST then or?
  10. Duder Augur

You just said you liked to grind in ST... that's your right. That is what you are doing, whats the issue? Are you not enjoying what you say you enjoy? Try doing something other than botting ST. The game experience should be ever changing and not tailored to one ST bot group.
  11. Tappin Augur

It does not matter if I molo, box, or do a real group (for reference the experience was calculated off full group). Based on a 15 second kill ratio, it would take me > 20.8 hours to make it through level 114 in ST (assuming no lesson or experience potions).

All I am trying to do is illustrate a point. I am being told that progression experience rewards is not out of whack and that reasonable for a group/casual player to grind. But that's clearly not the case at all. If you want to level your toon to 115, then progression is required assuming you want to level at a reasonable rate.

You have to beat the expansion to get gear/spells/abilities that you would like to utilize to help you beat the expansion.
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

This is a reasonable, measured compromise. I like it.
  13. Duder Augur

And how much time for 109-110 on light blues in frontier mountains?
    code-zero likes this.
  14. Derka Power Ranger

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...hose-complaining-about-xp-heres-a-tip.262156/
    Read that. Based off your numbers, any of those quests that are worth 1.2% exp is equivalent to 15 minutes straight of the way you grind. If you can't do those quests in the same amount of time, your way of exp gaining is actually better. So you have nothing to complain about. Numbers dont lie, the option to grind is still there.
    Duder likes this.
  15. Tappin Augur

It's not realistic for casual/group player to grind out roughly about 20 hours per level. The pattern of leveling over the years casual/group players has always been to get levels, AA/Gear, and then do some progression. Can't do that with ToV. Instead, you have to beat your head against the wall in an attempt to beat progression with gear less than optimized.

There is always push, but good luck getting alts pushed in a few months when they are ready for progression.

And yes I do have every right to complain. I am complaining about the placement of large portions of experience (up to 50%) on progression/achievements. 2.5% to 5% is more realistic number of experience for completion of progression. Then you to can come join the rest of us with the boring grind to 115.
  16. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Yes, it is. Grinding an hour a day or two hours every other day, or just playing around for seven hours on the weekend will get them to 115 in less than six months. You have not illustrated a problem yet.

My conflagrant and GMM geared 110 SK with heroic augs and 21.5k AAs healed by a conflagrant geared 110 shaman with less than 20k AAs and no augs, the ranger listed below, and three rogue mercs (set to burn and putting out less than 125k dps) was able to do progression in EW and Crystal Caverns just fine so far. Recently I have been able to upgrade the SK with a fire raid shield and ToV vis, but I haven't seen it make that much of an impact because I still suck at playing them. Maybe it will get more difficult in T2 zones, but I'm not quite there yet so I ain't worried about it.
    Duder likes this.
  17. Tappin Augur

Why bother, when you just did for me.
  18. Tappin Augur

If I don't need the levels, gear, spells, AAs, then what is the point of the expansion? You can beat expansion in one day if that is the case. Should I go afk until the next expansion drops? Guess there are still raids... But what if I don't raid? I just beat the expansion, don't need gear until next expansion. Guess I will find some else to do.
  19. Allayna Augur

@ Tappin:

The following is from your nerfquest on the experience awarded during GMM.

Following just the outcries from THIS experience complaining thread:

So to recap, you complained that GMM mobs gave too much experience per kill in TBL....but now there's too little experience per kill in TOV? I don't think you have a clear grasp on this game.

The only fair gripe I see in any of your current complaints is that you cannot equip gear. Attunable gear is equipable at 111 but not the T2 or nugget gear. Neither are the player made augmentations. I could see them changing that to required 111, recommended 115.

It does seem completely backwards that you have to max level BEFORE you can equip the gear that is made or dropped from that expansion. I'll give the EQ community at large that one.

On a separate note, "requiring the progression"....as you've put it several times, it's not required....it's just highly recommended.
    The casual base has complained for years that the gap between raiders and casuals is too large. Now you'll earn some hero's AAs. And get a DPS/Healing boosting type 3 that was previously only attainable through raid achievements.

[IMG]
    Sokki, Cadira, German and 4 others like this.
  20. Funky Augur

so, how much time have you spent exping in ToV zones? or is your entire exp complaint (while grinding) based around ST (mostly light blues now) is not good enough exp anymore?

your exp complaints just remind me of Eric Cartman from the south park episode in WoW killing boars for some reason..
    German likes this.