To those who complain about slow XP...

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Cicelee Augur

If your crusade manages to get XP changes happening, then do not, I repeat DO NOT, come to the boards in June saying you have nothing to do because you are max AA and just bought your third firework this week.

The expansion has been out literally for three weeks. You have time to XP and AA. This expansion is supposed to last for ten months. Calm down and have fun instead of looking at 0.08 percent of XP after every kill.

And for those wondering "not another thread", I am not for or against. I do not care. What am against is complainers now who will complain again in the summer at the thing they complained about now...
    Pano, Suffer, Lannin and 3 others like this.
  2. AlaskaJay Lorekeeper

Outsiders perspective -

As someone who played Classic-GoD and is back on a TLP it kinda blows my mind that people are complaining about the "slow" nature of exp within this new expansion. I am not going to pretend I know what's going on in the Live scene but everyone knows they are playing EQ right? With a year between expansions it seems a bit insane that people are complaining but still finishing off regular and AA in a couple weeks. My question for those more in the know is, is this really a "main" issue or more a case of people getting too used to being able to power their alts thru progession/exp?
  3. Deathly Elder

My group consists of 2 raid mains (We have not beat Meratas yet), 1 ftp bard and 3 group geared dps friends. We have finished the expansion (Minus the collectibles you can not get) and everyone is around 200-800 aa from being maxed (focus tab left, I saved that for last for some reason). We did not even bother to update spells or gear until the expansion was done, to much to be done you know!
    The amount of xp given per mob / mission is acceptable if you ask me. Sure our group is done, but we have been playing non-stop for weeks (Pre-planned vacation for EQ, such dorks). I think it turned out just about right I am almost out of things to do quest wise, at least we still need to gear our group geared toons with some stuff.

TDLR:
    So if finishing up the expansion minus raids leaves me with a few 100 aa to grind and some augs\gear to grab, would seem to me it worked out real well.

I don't get the oh, xp is weak, I have to grind for hours. You get out of the game what you put into it. Everyone just seems to be in a rush and want an easy path. This is not WOW people, lets leave some difficulty in the game. The named spawn like candy from a Macey Day Parade, the collectibles drop frequently, the tasks (Minus CC) are fast and not overly complicated. The missions are a moderately hard at best, minus Kael, which takes some skill and patience. Loot is falling out of the sky.. Look at the Bazaar, the MARKET HAS CRASHED! I guess that leave's XP and bugs to complain about. People need something.
    Suffer likes this.
  4. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Actually that is pretty much a myth that those who complain about slow exp complain about having nothing to do. I mean it makes a really great sound byte but has no factual basis I am afraid.

Though I guess we could say that those who are raid geared and plow through exp grinds like they were nothing probably aren't as likely to complain about bad exp. Though we do get a few who are just used to logging in just for raids.

As usual changes like this have a greater impact on casuals who do die during missions, killing named and once the achievements are done have to grind exp.

I realize you are not coming down for or against things but I do find it really funny when other people say they are max level and aa and its easy to exp. Why would they have any issue whatsoever to the exp being increased. It literally makes no difference to them at all. Oh well except the fact they can feel powerful because others can't generate the same amount of exp. *shrugs*

Not sure about everyone else but I enjoy grinding exp. It was fun for me but now I have to enjoy grinding for nothing OR do progression.

Now I am not upset or mad I haven't hit 115 yet. Quite a few in my guild have I am not rushing through progression. But that still doesn't mean I can't be unhappy about the exp rate on grinding.

I applaud DBG for trying something different I just wish it wasn't so one sided.
    Flatchy likes this.
  5. Sikkun Augur

People still argue after 21 years that killing the same mobs over and over more times makes a game harder? I’ll never understand how repetitive grind equates difficulty.
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I guess some people love standing in lines all day :)
    Hitty likes this.
  7. Deathly Elder

Everyone generates the same amount of xp from killing or missions. The speed at which it is done, would seem to make that group more "powerful". I do not feel powerful, I feel accomplished. A ideal group make up will make XP faster and we had one. That is just the nature of the beast.

If you enjoy grinding as much as you let on, you should be happier. With less xp per kill, there is much more grinding to be had. Yet, you do not seem happy. If dying is the issue and you feel you are loosing to much xp per death, perhaps you should adjust your play style, instead of asking for the xp to be adjusted.
    Lannin, Suffer and Duder like this.
  8. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

And that is why I said I have to enjoy grinding for nothing :). Read the whole message. I had more then enough grinding with higher grind exp. You need to get a certain amount of results or for me at least it is less fun. A part of the game I enjoyed is now much less productive for me.

P.S. I am happy that you are completely fine with the exp rates. My nephew was a raider when he played and 20 years old. I am getting close to 60. He plowed through mobs much faster then I ever would. Grats to him. Grats to you that you the amount of exp you get grinding is satisfying to you. I am glad you are enjoying it. But no matter what you say you aren't going to convince me to be happy with it.

If you are worried that they might increase the exp rate and ruin the game for you post to the devs about it warning them it will wreck the game in your opinion.

Not sure there is any sense in you and I discussing the same point over and over though but if you want to keep talking I am cool with that.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

I for one would much rather have the quick and easy xp so I can get this levelling nonsense out of the way as fast as possible...and then I can move on to the things I WANT to do in game like tradeskills, old achievements, hunter achievements, collecitons, etc.

I hate level increase expansions for that exact reason. Level increases are just annoying, useless roadblocks. Give me max level as soon as possible and let me go back to enjoying the game.
  10. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

No offense, but get out of here with this, dude. Come on. This XP and XP loss on death are completely unreasonable. Don't place poor dev design back into the hands of players that have zero control over this. Get off your high horse, that goes for all of you "uber doodz". This is crap lol
    Hitty likes this.
  11. Hitty Augur

the most people don't realize it because they are still stuck in progression around 112-113. The group geared who reach now 114 will see that the missions are not as easy as some are pretending. I am at moment at this road block. And all 115 are mostly ubah raiders who plow through the content and/or where maxed with AA/Level as they started ToV (which is the case of my warrior, which got now 114 but still TBL group gear).

So it is again the usual ubah against groupers... Bad that T2 is not at L112+ so at least we had an upgrade. Still running around in TBL gear because the T1 is crap. The expansion feels at moment like a fuel for all alts. The drops which are useful are crap to actual level and the gear which would be useful is wearable at 115 which needs a level grinding in horrible slow motion or getting dragged through the rest of the missions to get somehow at least a minimum of new gear...

But perhaps there are some hints for the missions. Did GD in around 3h but the others are a bit of a wiping desaster which does not make much fun while always loosing a level and working towards the level again - 114 limit is no fun at moment... the whole night at the "with the help of some giants"-camp and onle 1-2 blue... don't remember if the hell levels 20 years ago where so crappy...

I hope some can shine some light on the missions...
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

You do realise they are more likely to reduce the exp from achievements rather than increase the exp per mob....
  13. ArtremasEQ Augur

XP Is Fine. Bit lower than TBL for AA, but still fine. This Expac is supposed to last another 10 months.

People too used to 'easy mode' and feeling entitled. The longevity of EQ is that it isn't totally easy mode. (Though ToV is pretty easy) - Get over it.
    Deathly, Pano, Suffer and 2 others like this.
  14. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

The longevity of EQ is people wanting to continue playing it. For 20 years people seemed to enjoy grinding exp (they kept coming back to play that way).

You guys go on and on about ToV being easy mode and pull out how you can easily do achiemvents to 115 then when folks want enough exp to just grind to 115 you call that easy mode. Let's face it every thing you guys don't like just gets labelled easy mode.
    Marton likes this.
  15. Groans Augur

The exp is too slow, i enjoy doing progression but i also like to relax and grind the mobs have way to many hit points and 2 round you in TOV group gear, all the supposed vets are saying this is just right but eq is a resource management game not a shooter.

Tone it down on the damage and up on xp, you have made grinding boring and a waste of time, one of my favorite things about EQ gone.
  16. Groans Augur

Sounds like this your problem not mine, find some other stuff to do.