ToV regular xp is terrible - let's get this over with

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mintalie, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Mintalie Augur

Let's stop beating around the bush. Let's stop the Trumpisms of saying something over and over again that's false hoping everyone will finally believe you. Whulfgar, respectfully, please , I genuinely do not want your feedback in this thread. I already know your stance.

Once you've done all of the progression in ToV, killing mobs gives absolutely terrible xp. Why is this? Who has hours upon hours every day to grind out a few AAs?

Why is the player base not literally screaming about this atrocity?

I'm here to scream. Increase the xp rate on trash mobs. It's demoralizing as it presently stands.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

I would suggest to most to focus on the missions. Do simple quick partisans in between (yeah you know the one!) and have them go all to regular xp. Then when you are grinding, do AA xp. You still get AA very fast while grinding, but regular XP not so much.

I was lucky to have 3 weeks off starting when the xpac came out, working for a university has its perks. So my regular group blew through the missions/Savirors etc and working on hunters and collects now. We were # 2-6 on our server to hit 115. We did not stay up all night, we just hit the ground hard and fast. We also used the collection rewards as XP instead of AA since its harder to get 2% reg xp than 15 AA from grinding.

I am about 1/2 to 3/4 way to max AA, all the real upgrades pretty much done, and will hit it with hunters.

I was one of the people that thought the XP was some serious BS, but now as I have taken the time to really go through everything, I am fine with how it is. I am a very busy person and don't have a ton of time to get XP back after the initial drop of the xpac. I am one of those filthy casuals in a high end raid guild that doesn't have all the time like some do.

You can do the missions with a partisan between a couple of them in about 1 hr to 2 hrs, my group does all 4 in about 1 hr and usually gets all the ach during the process. You will get 4-8% regular xp by doing those at least once a day with all xp going into regular xp.

They gave a mission for all types this time. Griklor is just meh at best, boring and anyone can do it. Velks is just a churn and burn mission, great for those that love to feel the burn. GD mission is just a snooze fest that any pickup group should be able to do with a little effort. The only real mission that can be difficult is Kael, and that is because you want very controlled dps and AoW can hit hard when combined with 2-4 other things up.

Feel free to send me a PM and I can help give more suggestions if you or anyone else needs.
  3. Qbert Gallifreyan

The one and only thing I am not a fan of with respect to experience in ToV applies to the last few expansions as well. Killing a named mob gives 4-5 aa points. Using/being subject to any significant experience modifier (Lesson, Potion, Bonus period from the game itself) means that experience caps out on those kills when receiving aa.

They need to raise the experience gained cap per kill.
  4. sojero One hit wonder

The problem as I see it is the xp to gain new levels has to go up, or the old monsters are going to give to much xp and you can mow them down way faster.

The other problem is to gain an AA its the same xp its always been, the amount of xp needed to gain from level 51 to 52(if I remember correctly), therefore they are stuck with limitations of how much XP mobs can give.

They cannot increase the amount of xp needed to give AA cause that would effect all levels, and make the game harder to catch up and all their beloved TLP.

So when you look at these limitations of XP, I think they are hitting a rough spot in the road and need to do regular XP this way to circumvent their own design, they have said in the past they didn't realize the game would go this long and didn't design at the beginning for that.

I have a feeling this is going to be the new norm.
  5. enclee Augur

Do the ToV achievements only grant regular experience or do they grant AA experience as well? I didn’t think I would buy this expansion, but I did. I’ve been grinding old content and got to 114, so hopefully I didn’t make the ToV rewards worthless.
  6. Mazame Augur

1st off the Dev have been on Holiday you can see the last post from them was from before Christmas so all of the post about XP will not have been changed because no one was around to change them.

2nd Posting Lets get this over with is getting Very Very old. their was already a bunch of post did you need to make a new one just so you could add "let's get this over with" ?

"Why is the player base not literally screaming about this atrocity?"

As said in #1 their is no point you scream at a wall with no one around to hear it. It will not change anything. Also with the number of post about this I think people have made the point already that a change is requested. Give them time to get back and review and I am sure it will get fix. Also most mage patches are done around the 15th so don't freak out until after the Jan 15th patch to see what they fixing / changing.

P.S.
    Getting upset and attacking the Devs is not the best way to ask for change.
    " It's demoralizing as it presently stands" I sure the Devs didn't do this to Demoralize anyone.

"this atrocity" It not that bad. under the old system people grinded for 1-2 months to hit max level. Yes some did it in a Day but moot took their time. This new way people got levels faster by doing quest and then it slow down making it feel like it nothing. but in truth with in a week Many were max level and with in 2 many had max aa. so yes it bad imo but not an atrocity by any means.

"absolutely terrible xp. Why is this?" If you read the forms some people asked for the "hell levels" to come back and wanted it more like the old EQ grind. So before you point the finger at the devs alone ever consider that they were trying to make the player base happy. ( you can't make 100% of the people happy 100% of the time. But at least they are trying.
    Funky likes this.
  7. Tappin Augur

Can we stop with the excuses? This was an intentional and blatant attempt by the devs to force people to do progression.
    Flatchy and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  8. sojero One hit wonder

You sir need to learn the difference between a reason and an excuse.

[IMG]
    Jhenna_BB and Duder like this.
  9. birdsong_pawn Augur

I'm sorry to say that some of the ToV achievement rewards will be mostly worthless for you. You will be max level in 115 well before completing all those achievements, and the rewards ignore the AA percent slider. I'm going to quote myself from a related thread:

Saer-tse-tao likes this.
  10. Kuaamil Elder

It feels a little bit like the old days of EQ when we had to grind for days to level. It definitely is affecting the rate at which I level my alts, since in the past they've leveled as a result of camping named, etc in support of my main. As far as leveling my main, I have no ground to stand on. I think I was max reg exp within two days and almost AA complete as of right now.
  11. Tappin Augur

There is no justification for placing all the experience in the must under utilize segment of the game. And I am not interested in any EA style fixes (push the limit, and dial it back a few).

And they never attempted to ask the community first.
  12. Funky Augur

this does not "force" people to do progression... the exp gained is just an incentive... you can slowly grind it out if you choose to. you can go to any zone without the progression, you will be able to raid in about 2 weeks without doing the progression...

yeah, the regular exp from grinding quite sucks but it's still not near as bad as it was going from 59-60 or some other the other "hell levels" back in the day or how slow AA exp was during PoP. (here lemme grind for 6 hours and get 5aa). to which now you can kill 1 mob and get 1+ aa

i mean how easy do yall want the game to be seriously?
    code-zero and Mazame like this.
  13. Tappin Augur

It's not an incentive, it's either you progression achievements or level to 115 sometime after the next expansion drops. There is only one choice any sane person would make.
  14. Tappin Augur

I guess I lied... there are two choice to make, do the progression, or quit all together.
  15. Monkman Augur

I would love to see you quit Tappin, who’s with me?
    Allayna, Lianeb, Tarvas and 8 others like this.
  16. Deathly Elder

17. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

People aren't screaming yet because they are still flush with the achievement exp they have been getting. I suspect the harsh reality will start setting in very soon.

Regular grind exp needs to be improved dramatically.
    Mintalie likes this.
  18. Mintalie Augur

Great, and you finished the expansion, as I would have expected. That's not what I'm talking about.

I'm talking about regular people trying to earn AAs once progression is done who can't play non-stop for weeks.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Congrats on maxing so fast. But I take breaks to grind even though it gives almost no exp at all because I enjoy grinding. I don't want to go to an old expansion to plow through mobs that offer no challenge just to grind exp. I want to do it in current content but I at least want to see the exp bar move a bit fater.

And I agree it IS likes the old days with exp but the thing is if I wanted the old days I would be on a TLP server as I am all acess on all my accounts.

DAYBREAK: LIVE IS NOT TLP FIX THE GRINDING EXP PLEASE. :)
  20. Funky Augur

so im curious...

before the expansion came out, did you have intentions to do any progression at all? if not, congratz you can still go grind... in any zone too since it's not blocked by progression (TBL,TDS)

did you do any progression in older expansions or just kinda grind it out?

i haven't hardly had a chance to play since the expansion has come out due to the holidays and ive done all the progression on my SK and a little grinding.. so he is 115. my bard has NOT done all the progression, has not done any missions and is about 80% into 113. it's slow but for people like you complaining that it's slow and you cant get max level in less than a month has become annoying...

not everyone has the same play time available. level up/gear up at your own pace....

or just go back to chain run GMM missions for exp.... oh wait. you got that fixed didn't you?