Sympathetic Procs - 1h vs 2h?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Razorfall, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Razorfall Augur

In this expansion they added sympathetic procs to almost all the new weapons.

Has anyone parsed two 1h vs one 2h?
  2. Maedhros High King

3. Razorfall Augur

It would be primarily rangers and beastlords.
  4. Derka Power Ranger

I'm leaning more towards 2handed as a ranger. Its 9k proc for t3 vs 7200 (3600x2) Just hit 115 and upgraded to a t2 so it's still early but after I get some AAs will test more. The t1 2hander was accounting for about 2.5% of DD damage which is pretty dang good
  5. kyong Augur

Do sympathetics do anything for pure melee? If not...they probably should right?....somehow?
  6. Tucoh Augur

https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=163561
    Sympathetic Wave of Poison

Not a player spell: Clicky, NPC spell, Proc, etc.

Slot 1: Cast on Spell Use: Wave of Poison - Variable chance to Proc: Spell Cast Time 2s=25% 3s=33.4% 4s=50% 5s=66.8%
    Slot 2: Limit Type: Detrimental
    Slot 3: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    Slot 4: Limit Min Level: 70
    Slot 5: Limit Combat Skills: Exclude
    Slot 6: Limit Effect: Current Hit Points

You'd have to cast something that casts 10 mana at least to proc the sympathetic. So a beastlords nuke would work, but rogues, monks, berserkers and warriors don't have a single thing they can do to spend 10 mana
  7. Derka Power Ranger

Yeah hybrids are reaping the benefit for sure. I do miss the mana return of cone/tome so will probably situationally switch from ToV 1hander/tome or 2handed depending on length of fight. Beastlords 2 hand burning with bloodlust already will see a little boost from the 9k sympathetic.
  8. Razorfall Augur

I was leaning towards the 2h myself, but I don't have another 1h to test with. I would think that the 2h would be better for rangers, but i'm not really sure if beastlords using the 2h would be worth the loss of gelid rending procs outside of bloodlust/2h
  9. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

I'm gunning for both. On ToV marathon raids, I'm sticking with a Book of Obulus and a 1hp (Going disease for versatility #onebandolier). I'll go 2hb for burns, though I really want to have a 2hs for tanking/mercing. Undecided, I guess on 2hander. Whatever I get to loot lol.
    Derka likes this.
  10. Derka Power Ranger

Only one bandolier? You have to fill up all those new slots we got!
  11. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

Wait, you don't continue to bow during your primary burn???
  12. Gindo New Member

13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

The two hander is for the symp proc on a burn. You just need a melee weapon with a symp proc equipped while bowing to trigger the effect.
  14. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

Not likely. There’s a mana to cast component built in. The ask for endurance cost DD discs has been no’d since Underfoot, but it could become a reasonable ask if you offer adult favors to the Devs :D
  15. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

One aspect I did not see mentioned regarding sympathetic procs: Proc rate! As a pure caster (ENC) weapon/augs proc much more often due to the sliding scale in regards to cast times. I have not spent a lot of time looking at the direct proc %'s, but if you look up any symp they go by 1s, 2s, 3s etc for probability of proc'ing.

So basically while hybrids do benefit from having both a proc from melee/archery the spell triggered procs are going to be similar to how often a caster gets a melee proc.... I would imagine this was intentional.
    Cheers!
    Saerza, Enchantress of FV
  16. Derka Power Ranger

While they probably don't go off nearly as often as yours, they can still definitely add up fast especially under twincast as a Ranger. My logs show sometimes 5 procs in 1 second. If you're lucky enough I'm sure you could get 8 lol although global cooldown might prevent it. Each spell can yield 4 procs with RNG 21% twinproc happening. Again that is all luck (not stat haha) I am enjoying the sympathetic procs no doubt just added flavor.
    Saer-tse-tao likes this.
  17. Saer-tse-tao Journeyman

I agree!! As an Enchanter I still have BE and WM Assaulting fire augs on top of my casting versions. They might not proc as often, but every little bit counts and as you said its all about enjoying the added flavor;)